In this section...
- Charming comfortable villa
- Family friendly
- Close to beach (150m)
- Taverna 2min walk
The charm of Villa Cristina is heightened by the warm welcome, which the owner extends to guests, exemplified in the cakes and fresh fruits that greet new arrivals. The fruits are picked from the orchard of plums, pears, figs and oranges, which virtually encircle the house. Just 150 metres away is the delightful sandy beach of Kyani Akti with its taverna, with nearby Kalyves offering an excellent selection of waterside tavernas and shops. The fascinating and charming town of Chania is just a short drive away.
- 3 bedroom villa (sleeps 2-6)
- Open-plan living/dining/kitchen area
- Kitchen includes full oven, fridge-freezer, dishwasher, TV (Greek channels), DVD, safe
- Double bedroom
- Bathroom (¾ bath) with washing machine
- Accessed via spiral staircase with some restricted headroom
- Double bedroom
- Twin bedroom
- Bathroom (½ bath)
- Reading area
- Complimentary wifi
- Air-conditioned throughout
- Iron, ironing board, hairdryer, pool and bath towels provided
- Main house level accessed by steps
- Private swimming pool 8m x 4m (depth 1m – 1.7m) with children's section
- All properties with wifi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails*
* We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes due to factors beyond our control reliability can be affected.
National tourist licence (EOT): 1042K123K2659301
- Beach/taverna (Kyani Akti) 2min walk
- Tavernas/supermarket (Kalyves) 5min drive
- Chania 20min drive
- Chania airport 40min drive
Based on the number of people travelling, the following hire car(s) are included in the package price of your holiday:
- 2-3 guests – 1 Group C, Hyundai i20 or similar*
- 4 guests – 1 Group D, Peugeot 208 or similar*
- 5 guests – 1 Group E, Citroën C-Elysee or similar*
- 6 guests – 2 Group C, Hyundai i20 or similar*
* All our cars include comprehensive insurance with no excess charge. For this particular destination, the undercarriage, tyres, wing mirrors and windscreen are not included in the cover.
Group C – 1.2-1.3 litre engine, 1 large and 2 small suitcases*
Group D – 1.2-1.4 litre engine, 2 large suitcases*
Group E – 1.4-1.6 litre engine, 2 large and 1 small suitcase*
The following cars are available as alternatives on request (supplements apply). Please call our travel specialists for details.
Group F2 – Daihatsu Terios Hard Top or similar, 1.5 litre engine, 3 large and 1 small suitcase*
Group G – Fiat Doblo 6 seater or similar, 1.4-1.6 litre engine, no suitcases with full occupancy*
Group G3 – Jumpy Multispace L2 9 seater or similar, 2.0 litre engine, 4 large and 4 small suitcases*
Group H – Automatic Hyundai i20 or similar, 1.3-1.4 litre engine, 1 large and 1 small suitcase*
Group H2 – Automatic Toyota Auris or similar, 1.3-1.6 litre engine, 2 large suitcases*
Group I – Cabrio Peugeot 207 or similar, 1.6 litre engine, 2 small suitcases*
Group I2 – Cabrio Peugeot 308 or similar, 1.6 litre engine, 2 small suitcases*
* Suitcase sizes are based on a large suitcase being approximately 75cm x 41cm x 31cm, a medium suitcase of approximately 65cm x 46cm x 29cm and a small suitcase of 55cm x 40cm x 20cm.
All agreed that the villa was the best one we'd stayed at (and we've stayed in about a dozen). Everything was top rate and we are likely to try and return in future.
Mr Hunter – August 2017
It was our first holiday with Simpson Travel and we were incredibly impressed with the organisation, efficiency and helpfulness of the staff at head office and the representatives in the resort. We will definitely use them again.
Mr Entwistle – September 2016
A great two weeks in a beautiful setting and a lovely house. A big thank you to the owners for her wonderful cakes and pies and to Michalis for being so helpful. Thoroughly enjoyed it and will be back.
Colin and Judy – May 2016
Great time to come in late April - loved watching the little villages wake up and get ready for the season. The villa is fantastic, with everything we needed. A big thank you to the owners for the wonderful treats. Ray was really helpful, lots of good tips. Would love to come again. Thanks again for a great holiday
Stewart and Mary – April 2016
Our first time in Crete and first time with Simpson Travel and boy have we lucked out at Villa Cristina. A big thank you to the owners for being such wonderful hosts. Our maid was a mine of useful information and the villa always spotless after her visit. Ray kept us informed and kept everything as we like it - low key/no fuss. All in all, a wonderful stay in the villa which has it all. A big thank you once again to Crete – we will be back!
Mike, Hilary, Liz and Craig – October 2015
We have had a great week at Villa Cristina. What a lovely place and the hospitality from the owners with gifts and advice has been very special. The week has been very relaxing and we have enjoyed the sea, the pool, and exploring some history. Thanks also to Ray for keeping an eye on us and providing help and advice. This has been the best villa holiday we have had.
Katy, Steve, Ed and Will Sexton – September 2015
Villa Christina is in a wonderful location on the outskirts of Kalives with a beautiful pool. Enveloped by the scent of its orange trees, lemon trees, apricot trees, bougainvillea, oleander and all the many herbs makes it an idyllic haven of relaxation. Being close to a sandy beach and within walking distance of great tavernas was a great plus factor. The owners overwhelmed us with their kindness and generosity. We can't wait to return!
Mrs Lynch – May 2015
Zoe was helpful and friendly, and Ray and the team at the Crete end helped everything go smoothly at the other end, and made us feel that nothing was too much trouble. We had a very special time away as a family, thanks so much to your team. We'll definitely be using your company again.
Mrs Pickles – April 2015
Simpson Travel were a very efficient and helpful agent, and our holiday went without a hitch, so all very relaxing and as it should be.
Mrs Robathan – August 2014
Our choice of Greek properties is as diverse as the islands themselves, ranging from simple seaside charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal. To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
The soaring White Mountains, known in Greek as the Lefka Ori, are at the heart of West Crete’s dramatically beautiful landscape and the villages in their foothills offer traditional Cretan fare in glorious abundance – that’s if Chania’s twinkling harbour lights and waterfront dining don’t entice you first. Spring brings an abundance of flowers, turning hiking trails and gorges into welcome destinations for walkers, and in summer, the many beaches offer sun worshippers a choice of scenic locations to spread their towels.
View holiday Booking Conditions