In this section...
- Beautiful sea views above Almyrida
- Contemporary and stylish
- Close to tavernas and sandy beach
- Nearby to watersports and activities
For a family villa holiday with children of any age, Asteriskos offers the complete package, combining a great location close to Almyrida, a private swimming pool and a brilliant games room with table tennis.
From this elevated position you can enjoy the huge views that take in the very best of western Crete, with the intense blue of Souda Bay in the foreground and the unmistakable silhouette of the White Mountains behind. You can stroll downhill to Almyrida in around 15-20 minutes to pick up your fresh bread from the bakery or enjoy a meal in one of the excellent seafront tavernas which are supplied by the boats that chug out from the little fishing harbour before dawn. If you’ve got little ones in tow it might be sensible to take the car so they can save their energy for playing on Almyrida’s three lovely beaches: sand or pebbles, the choice is yours. The beaches are gently shelving, and popular with windsurfers, with equipment hire and tuition available if you’re inspired to have a go.
Teens are welcome in the handful of low-key bars, which are sufficiently close for peace of mind but far enough away not to disturb your evening on the terrace. And once you’ve properly relaxed into the gentle pace of Cretan life and feel ready to explore, this is a lovely spot from which to discover the more traditional inland villages of the Apokronos, such as Plaka and Gavalochori. Chania town, with its Venetian harbour, market and wonderful shops and restaurants, is 25km away.
- 3 bedroom villa (sleeps 2-6)
- Open plan living/dining/kitchen area with Satellite TV, DVD player
- Fully equipped kitchen includes full cooker, microwave, coffee machine, fridge-freezer, dishwasher
- Master bedroom with en-suite bathroom; leads to terrace and swimming pool
- Double or twin bedroom
- Shower room
- Staircase to lower ground floor
Lower ground floor
- Games room with table tennis and TV
- Twin bedroom
- Shower room
- Washing machine
- Open utility space
- Complimentary wifi
- Air-conditioned throughout
- Iron, ironing board, hairdryer, bath and pool towels provided
- Private swimming pool 6m x 4m (depth 1.3m – 1.6m)
- Driveway with parking
- All properties with WiFi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails*
* We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes due to factors beyond our control reliability can be affected
National tourist licence (EOT): 1042Κ91003141301
- Almyrida village 20min walk downhill or 3min drive (a taxi is recommended for return walk)
- Tavernas/shops 20min walk or 3min drive
- Beaches 20min walk or 3min drive
- Mini-market 20min walk or 3min drive
- Kalyves (banks and supermarket) 8min drive
- Chania 30min drive
- Chania airport 50min drive
Based on the number of people travelling, the following hire car(s) are included in the package price of your holiday:
- 2-3 guests – 1 Group C, Hyundai i20 or similar*
- 4 guests – 1 Group D, Peugeot 208 or similar*
- 5 guests – 1 Group E, Citroën C-Elysee or similar*
- 6 guests – 2 Group C, Hyundai i20 or similar*
* All our cars include comprehensive insurance with no excess charge. For this particular destination, the undercarriage, tyres, wing mirrors and windscreen are not included in the cover.
Group C – 1.2-1.3 litre engine, 1 large and 2 small suitcases*
Group D – 1.2-1.4 litre engine, 2 large suitcases*
Group E – 1.4-1.6 litre engine, 2 large and 1 small suitcase*
The following cars are available as alternatives on request (supplements apply). Please call our travel specialists for details.
Group F2 – Daihatsu Terios Hard Top or similar, 1.5 litre engine, 3 large and 1 small suitcase*
Group G – Fiat Doblo 6 seater or similar, 1.4-1.6 litre engine, no suitcases with full occupancy*
Group G3 – Jumpy Multispace L2 9 seater or similar, 2.0 litre engine, 4 large and 4 small suitcases*
Group H – Automatic Hyundai i20 or similar, 1.3-1.4 litre engine, 1 large and 1 small suitcase*
Group H2 – Automatic Toyota Auris or similar, 1.3-1.6 litre engine, 2 large suitcases*
Group I – Cabrio Peugeot 207 or similar, 1.6 litre engine, 2 small suitcases*
Group I2 – Cabrio Peugeot 308 or similar, 1.6 litre engine, 2 small suitcases*
* Suitcase sizes are based on a large suitcase being approximately 75cm x 41cm x 31cm, a medium suitcase of approximately 65cm x 46cm x 29cm and a small suitcase of 55cm x 40cm x 20cm.
Great company to deal with. Properties live up to the descriptions/photos and often exceed them. Good advice available during planning stage and fantastic in resort support for any little issues that arise. Would recommend highly to anyone interested in destinations Simpsons cover.
Mr Fowles – October 2017
We had a brilliant holiday - thank you! Ray Pattenden was really great, and Stelios and Eleni the Villa owners were welcoming and very thoughtful. Extra touches such as a bottle of wine, barbecue charcoal, olive oil and condiments etc were very much appreciated, and the home-grown vegetables and fruit we could pick ourselves the cherry on the cake! We will definitely use Simpson again.
Mrs Hall – July 2017
This was our third trip with Simpson Travel and it was, as ever, superb. Booking was straightforward, communication excellent, the flights smooth, the villa incredible and the support from Ray, our Simpson's rep in Crete, was incredibly helpful. The villa owner left local wine each week and also picked a lovely tray of fresh strawberries from the villa garden. Having travelled independently for many years, I now appreciate more the value of having a rep at the airport ready to point you in the right direction, help you with the car pick-up, and give you crucial insights into the local area. Top class (again!).
Mr Marsden – June 2017
Ray was our Crete Rep and he really was fantastic in every way. He discussed ideas for excursions, helped with translations of my son's food allergies into Greek, went to fix a slow puncture with us on our first day and gave the most brilliant detailed directions! Villa Asteriskos is stunning and the location was wonderful - we miss the stunning views. The only constructive criticism we would give would be that the master bedroom could do with a bigger bed (a Queen size is just too small - my husband is an ex-rugby player!), the second shower was a bit leaky and the second upstairs bedroom had one very creaky bed (the other one was fine). We were very impressed with Simpson Travel, thank you for all your help.
Mrs Sticklen – April 2017
Great villa, with fantastic views to coast and mountains; and lovely hosts who were there to meet us. They came to clean later in the week with a bottle of wine as a gift, and took the time to chat and tell us about the property, island and culture. What's not to like?! The rep (Ray) met us and made sure we arrived at the villa OK (we followed him from the airport), exchange numbers and made sure we knew where everything was, etc. He respected request for no meeting but did arrange to pop back at the end of the week to check there were no issues, and check we knew the way back to the airport. Highly recommended villa, great location, and knowledgable, helpful rep.
Mrs Raven – April 2017
Our choice of Greek properties is as diverse as the islands themselves, ranging from simple seaside charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal. To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
The soaring White Mountains, known in Greek as the Lefka Ori, are at the heart of West Crete’s dramatically beautiful landscape and the villages in their foothills offer traditional Cretan fare in glorious abundance – that’s if Chania’s twinkling harbour lights and waterfront dining don’t entice you first. Spring brings an abundance of flowers, turning hiking trails and gorges into welcome destinations for walkers, and in summer, the many beaches offer sun worshippers a choice of scenic locations to spread their towels.
View holiday Booking Conditions