In this section...
- Wonderfully restored country hotel
- Friendly and hospitable
- Close to Arkadi Monastery
- Beautiful sea and mountain views
We are delighted to have discovered the Kapsaliana Village Hotel – a place that evokes the true spirit of Crete. Twelve original houses have been restored and converted into lavish suites offering an idyllic mingling of rustic charm and contemporary sophistication whilst retaining the essence of their Venetian origin. Nestling in peaceful surroundings with superb views of the countryside and the sea in the distance, Kapsaliana is the perfect place for rest and relaxation.
Combined with a friendly and hospitable service, the hotel offers a delightful restaurant with Cretan cuisine produced with the finest organic products from the surrounding area.
Just a few kilometres away is the fascinating Arkadi Monastery, a national sanctuary with a colourful history of courage and sacrifice.
Kapsaliana is an excellent spot for exploring and is one of the most unique country hotels on the whole island.
- 16 suites (sleeps 2)
- Suites and rooms: air-conditioned, twin or double beds, en-suite shower or bathroom, flat LCD Satellite TV (with English speaking news channel), DVD and players, direct dial telephone, mini-bar, safe, bathrobes and care products
- Suites and rooms are individual in design, some with sitting area and balcony
- Reception and lounge area
- Shared swimming pool 6m x 10m
- Sun terrace with snack service available
- Breakfast included
- Museum and small gift shop
- Complimentary wifi
- All properties with wifi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails*
* We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes due to factors beyond our control reliability can be affected.
National tourist licence (EOT): 1041K070A0196600
- Beach 20min drive
- Heraklion/Chania airports 1hr 15min drive
Based on the number of people travelling, the following hire car(s) are included in the package price of your holiday:
- 2 guests – 1 Group C, Hyundai i20 or similar*
* All our cars include full comprehensive insurance with no excess charge. Please note that damage to the undercarriage, windscreen and tyres is not covered by insurance.
Group C – 1.2-1.3 litre engine, 1 large and 2 small suitcases*
The following cars are available as alternatives on request (supplements apply). Please call our travel specialists for details.
Group D – Peugeot 208 or similar, 1.2-1.4 litre engine, 2 large suitcases*
Group E – Citroën C-Elysee or similar, 1.4-1.6 litre engine, 2 large and 1 small suitcase*
Group F2 – Daihatsu Terios Hard Top or similar, 1.5 litre engine, 3 large and 1 small suitcase*
Group G – Fiat Doblo 6 seater or similar, 1.4-1.6 litre engine, no suitcases with full occupancy*
Group G3 – Jumpy Multispace L2 9 seater or similar, 2.0 litre engine, 4 large and 4 small suitcases*
Group H – Automatic Hyundai i20 or similar, 1.3-1.4 litre engine, 1 large and 1 small suitcase*
Group H2 – Automatic Toyota Auris or similar, 1.3-1.6 litre engine, 2 large suitcases*
Group I – Cabrio Peugeot 207 or similar, 1.6 litre engine, 2 small suitcases*
Group I2 – Cabrio Peugeot 308 or similar, 1.6 litre engine, 2 small suitcases*
* Suitcase sizes are based on a large suitcase being approximately 75cm x 41cm x 31cm, a medium suitcase of approximately 65cm x 46cm x 29cm and a small suitcase of 55cm x 40cm x 20cm.
The Kapsiliana Village Hotel, which is in the hills above Rethymnon on the North Coast of Crete, is a wonderful 'get away' destination. Originally an old Olive oil mill,fallen into disuse, and a number of deserted houses, it has been stunningly converted into a delightful hotel by a Cretan architect. Far from the city bustle, the hotel is full of interesting objects with cool stone and pale colours giving a feeling of relaxation. The rooms are more like little houses and stairs and doorways reveal new,attractive views. The pool and gardens are charming and friendly,helpful staff, plus good food based on Cretan recipes, add up to an unforgettable holiday.
Mrs Osman – June 2014
Simpson Travel arranged everything perfectly for us to have a wonderful week away at tke Kapsaliana Village hotel in Crete. We will definitely be traveling with Simpson again.
Mr Tyson – May 2013
Our choice of Greek properties is as diverse as the islands themselves, ranging from simple seaside charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal. To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
As the birthplace of Zeus, Central Crete carries a certain historic and spiritual gravitas. Knossos, the Minoan Bronze Age palace, steals the show, but there are many other smaller archaeological sites, churches and towns to cast you back in time. However, with harbourside dining, beautiful beaches, mountain villages and vibrant summer festivals, the here and now also has a lot to offer. And Rethymno, which has clung on to much of its authentic beauty and charm, is a welcome addition to your island experience.
View holiday Booking Conditions