In this section...
- Garden with steps leading down to a beautiful beach
- Stylish and modern interiors
- Pool and terrace with lovely sea views
- Shops and tavernas 12-minute drive
Lefkada is famed for its beautiful beaches, though some of them take a little effort to access. But imagine a villa, hidden amongst pine, eucalyptus and olive trees, just steps away from a pretty pebble cove. Now add stylish interiors, a private swimming pool and a terrace with tantalising sea views. This is Villa Paralia, a charming two-bedroom villa that has been a part of the landscape for over 40 years, recently refurbished and transformed into a contemporary, comfortable home with a wood and stone exterior that blends discreetly into the natural surroundings.
This is a place for people who enjoy being off the beaten track, though it is not completely isolated, and there are a couple of other villas tucked away on the hillside above who share access to the lovely beach. It is a wonderful place for snorkelling, for messing about on the water in one of the kayaks provided for guests or, if you feel like venturing further afield, you can hire a small motor boat in Sivota for a couple of days and moor it up right outside. There are no private beaches in Greece and the location is so idyllic that other private yachts and boats may drop anchor in the bay, wanting to share it with you. But as evening falls they depart, leaving you to enjoy this magical spot by the light of the stars.
Perfect for those with a sense of adventure, it is accessed via 2km of unpaved road, steep and rough in places. But we think the journey is more than worth it and the pretty fishing village of Sivota is just 12-15 minutes by car for shopping, drinks or a candlelit dinner by the harbour. Vasiliki Bay is within half an hour’s drive, with a larger selection of tavernas and bars and the bustling town of Nidri is a similar distance offering a ferry service to the nearby islands of Ithaca and Kefalonia. Other Lefkada highlights, including Porto Katsiki, Karia and Lefkada town are also easily accessible for a leisurely day trip.
- 2 bedroom single storey villa (sleeps 2-4)
- Open plan living/dining/kitchen area with Satellite TV (2 English-speaking news channels) and DVD player; sliding doors lead onto terrace
- Kitchen includes full cooker, coffee maker, microwave, fridge-freezer, dishwasher
- Master bedroom with en-suite shower room; sliding doors lead onto terrace
- Twin/double bedroom with en-suite shower room; sliding doors lead onto garden
- Complimentary wifi
- Air-conditioned throughout
- Not suitable for children under 6 due to drops around garden
- Not suitable for wheelchair users
- Washing machine in outside storage room
- Iron, ironing board, hairdryers, pool and bath towels provided
- Private swimming pool 12m x 3m (depth 1.3m – 2m)
- Situated back from a pebble beach with step access
- 27 steps leading down from the garden to the beach
- Accessed via 2km of unpaved steep road
- Local taxi companies do not service this property
- Mobile phone reception is not always reliable
- All properties with wifi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails*
* We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes due to factors beyond our control reliability can be affected.
National tourist licence (EOT): 0831K91000524901
- Sivota (tavernas and shops)12-15min drive
- Vassiliki 25min drive
- Nidri 30min drive
- Meganissi 30min by boat from Nidri
- Lefkada Town 55min drive
- Preveza airport 1 hr 15min drive
Based on the number of people travelling, the following hire car(s) are included in the package price of your holiday:
- 2-4 guests – 1 Group J, Nissan Juke SUV*
* All our cars include comprehensive insurance with no excess charge. For this particular destination, the undercarriage, tyres, wing mirrors and windscreen are not included in the cover.
Group J – 1.6 litre engine, 1 large and 1 small suitcase*
* Suitcase sizes are based on a large suitcase being approximately 75cm x 41cm x 31cm, a medium suitcase of approximately 65cm x 46cm x 29cm and a small suitcase of 55cm x 40cm x 20cm.
We were very much in need of a holiday this year and even though the photos of Simpson Secret – Lefkada had whetted our appetite, we couldn’t believe our luck when we pulled into the drive and saw the bay, the beach and the villa for the first time. This is a truly amazing and singular place and the ultimate holiday destination for some real peace and proper rest in an amazing environment. We didn’t leave other than for supplies and a daily walk or a beer along the waterfront in Sivota – we honestly couldn’t have imagined we would have found anywhere better than ‘home’! In Sivota we enjoyed watching the boats coming and going. In short, settle back, crack open some wine, enjoy a barbecue and prepare for the best week or two that you’ve had for a long time.
Paul, Louisa and Baby P – May 2018
Simpson Secret Lefkada is a terrific villa, in a very beautiful setting. You share the tiny bay with day visitors on boats and on foot from other villas 'up the hill', but they go home at the end of the day, and you do not - tranquillity and beauty are yours. Once there you will find it difficult to leave....
Janet Nicholls – August 2018
Wow. We have stayed in some gorgeous villas in many countries. But none as stunning at this. Astonishingly lovely views out to the bay and islands beyond are ever changing – with such a fascinating procession of boat life passing. The villa itself is so beautiful; wonderfully bright, airy and so tastefully designed and furnished. We also adored all the outdoor spaces around the house – our resident fish (aged 11) spending many hours in the pool, with the other lying on the outdoor beds, or relaxing in the hanging seat with a book. Many a cut-throat game of cards with a G&T as the sun went down over the bay. Much snorkelling was done in the bay. A great variety observed – we all loved the bright red starfish; and spotted a posse of brightly coloured jellyfish one morning out towards the cove. We hired a small boat for a few days and went across to Meganissi and the Blue cave one day. However, every time we left here all we wanted to do was come back! We have dined like kings and queens – using all the wonderful ingredients bought locally. Have so appreciated the service provided by Simpson Travel – on top the stunning location and villa. It has really made our holiday. From the little things like providing beach towels and umbrellas and a welcome pack of food (which was well chosen). Our hire car was even swapped for a better one when it became available – with someone from Avis driving all the way out here. Susanne and Paul are absolute stars – a real credit to Simpson Travel. (We have done a great sales job all week with people on the beach asking how to rent the house – we were tempted at times to lie, to reduce the competition for coming back next year!). So, a wonderful week full of memories which will stay with us forever.
Alan, Justine, Elliot and Nicholas – July 2017
Our fifth time in Lefkada and the beach at the Simpson Secret and it's definitely the best on the whole island. We loved it so much we didn't leave but a drive round the island particularly inland is a must if you have two weeks. We had a full moon over the bay on our last night which turned the bay into a scene from Mamma Mia... Magical, truly magical.
Annie, Poppie & Finn – July 2017
Our choice of Greek properties is as diverse as the islands themselves, ranging from simple seaside charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal. To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
Charmingly traditional, Lefkada is an authentically Greek holiday delight fringed by award-winning beaches. The stunning colours of the landscape are a vibrant force of nature; uplifting, brilliant shades of shocking pink, green and translucent turquoise. Central to all this is Lefkada Town, with its pretty car-free streets, excellent choice of restaurants and waterfront bars and lovely bohemian vibe. It is well-suited to both couples and families and Lefkada is an excellent choice for one of our popular Simpson Crèches.
To make the most of your luxury holiday in Lefkada, we offer a selection of handpicked luxury villas and a stylish adult-only Simpson Hotel so you can enjoy this beautifully relaxing Greek Island to the full.
View holiday Booking Conditions