In this section...
- Stylish contemporary villa
- Beautiful views
- Walking distance to sandy beach and tavernas
- Simpson family extras
- Lefkada town 10-minute drive
Villa Santolina is one of a cluster of three architect-designed properties that make up Arenaria Villas, along with Villa Oleana and Villa Porphyra, tucked into the hillside at the southern end of Ayios Ioannis beach. Each house is entirely independent of the others, with its own pool and sea-facing terrace, though Santolina, being the highest, commands the most privacy and the best views.
The villa has been finished with stylish restraint both inside and out, with cool pool lighting adding a touch of glamour to your evening drinks on the terrace. If you’ve brought the family or are travelling with friends, this is an unbeatable spot for a long lazy lunch or a simple dinner in the velvety warmth of an Ionian evening. It’s also a really indulgent choice for a couple, with a four-poster master bedroom and terrace taking up the entire top floor.
We’ve included a car for ease and maximum independence, but the real beauty of Santolina is that it’s just a few minutes’ walk from Ayios Ioannis beach, a kilometre-long stretch of pale sand and fine pebbles washed by famously bright blue sea. If the wind is up, the local kite surfers will put on quite a display, but if it gets too breezy on the bay you can retreat to the shelter of your terrace in a matter of minutes. You’ll also find a few tavernas within walking distance, with a much wider choice of restaurants in Lefkada town, just ten minutes away by car.
Explore our pre-bookable experiences in Lefkada
- 3 bedroom villa (sleeps 2-6)
- Open-plan living/dining/kitchen area with TV (English-speaking news channel), DVD player,
- Bluetooth speaker
- Kitchen includes cooker, hob, microwave, fridge-freezer, dishwasher, washing machine
- 2 twin bedrooms (80cm x 200cm beds) both with en-suite shower room and WC, entrance via corridor from kitchen
- Double doors lead to terrace and pool area
- Double bedroom (170cm x 200cm bed) off the living area, en-suite shower room with WC, doors to shared drive
- Double doors lead to terrace
- Complimentary WiFi
- Air-conditioned throughout
- Heating throughout (via air-conditioning units)
- Korres bathroom products
- Iron, ironing board, hairdryer, bath and pool towels provided
- Electric barbecue
- Private swimming pool 10m x 5m (depth 0.7m – 1.7m)
- Shared drive with the two other neighbouring villas
Simpson family extras
- Complimentary infant pack (excluding baby-gate)
- Car seats and booster seats can be provided at a supplement, subject to availability
- To pre-book any of our family extras please call 020 8392 5747
- All properties with WiFi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails*
* We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes due to factors beyond our control reliability can be affected.
National tourist licence (EOT): 0831Κ91000457801
- Shops/restaurants/cafés (Lefkada Town) 35min walk or 10min drive
- Beachfront tavernas (Agios Ioannis beach) 10min walk
- Nidri 30 min drive
- Sivota 50 min drive
- Preveza airport 30min drive
Based on the number of people travelling, the following hire car(s) are included in the package price of your holiday:
- 2-3 guests – 1 Group C, Citroen C3 or similar*
- 4-5 guests – 1 Group D, Nissan Note or similar*
- 6 guests – 2 Group C, Citroën C3 or similar*
* All our cars include comprehensive insurance with zero excess. For this particular destination, the undercarriage tyres and windscreen are not included in the cover.
Group C – 1.1 litre engine, 1 large and 1 medium suitcase*
Group D – 1.4 litre engine, 2 large suitcases*
The following cars are available as alternatives on request (supplements apply). Please call our travel specialists for details.
Group E – Fiat Tipo or similar, 2.0 litre engine, 2 large suitcases & 1 small suitcase*
Group F – Automatic Peugeot 301 or similar, 1.6 litre engine, 3 suitcases and 1 small suitcase*
Group J – Nissan Juke SUV or similar, 1.6 litre engine, 1 large suitcases & 1 small suitcase*
Group K – Nissan Evalia/Fiat Doblo or similar, 1.5 litre engine, 2 large suitcases*
Group L – Nissan Primastar or similar, 1.8 litre engine, 6 medium suitcases*
Group M2 – Automatic Nissan Qashqai SUV 2WD or similar, 1.6 - 2.0 litre engine, 2 large and 1 small suitcase*
* Suitcase sizes are based on a large suitcase being approximately 75cm x 41cm x 31cm, a medium suitcase of approximately 65cm x 46cm x 29cm and a small suitcase of 55cm x 40cm x 20cm.
Santolina villa has a lovely family feel – peaceful and private with good views.
Mortie – August 2019
This was our tenth villa holiday with Simpson and undoubtedly the best. Villa Santolina had everything we would want in a villa – the location and view were both to die for and the villa itself was summed up by our 12-year-old son who said “the people who own this villa seem to really care about the people who are staying here because they have provided everything we could possibly need”.
The Hillier Family – July 2019
We had a fabulous holiday at Villa Santolina. The outside of the villa was especially impressive with beautiful gardens and amazing views of the coast and mountains. The pool was larger than expected so this was a pleasant surprise and even large enough to do a few lengths! Spacious accommodation inside with good showers and comfortable beds and pillows. Our rep, Jo, was very efficient and friendly as were the reps at the airport. Staff appeared to love the island and their jobs. Lefkada is a beautiful island unspoilt by mass tourism so need to return as soon as possible!
The Crockfords – June 2019
We'd highly recommend Villa Santolina. It's quiet with amazing views, yet within a short, mainly level walk to the beach. The nearest taverna is very friendly and the food is delicious. Walk a little further and you can see the sunset from a beach bar. The villa is extremely well equipped, particularly the kitchen. The pool area and gardens are beautiful. Our family had a most relaxing and carefree week.
Mrs M – August 2018
All round we had an excellent holiday. Villa Santolina is a great villa and we had a wonderful local representative – we will be using Simpson Travel again.
Patrick – August 2018
Villa Santolina was perfect for our family holiday. The villa was superbly equipped with fantastic views from the large infinity pool and outdoor areas. The hammock was a wonderful touch and ideal for relaxing and reading. It was perfect as we were able to walk to a lovely taverna by the beach, with fabulous views of the sunset.
Linda – July 2018
Our choice of Greek properties is as diverse as the islands themselves, ranging from simple seaside charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal. To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
Charmingly traditional, Lefkada is an authentically Greek holiday delight fringed by award-winning beaches. The stunning colours of the landscape are a vibrant force of nature; uplifting, brilliant shades of shocking pink, green and translucent turquoise. Central to all this is Lefkada Town, with its pretty car-free streets, excellent choice of restaurants and waterfront bars and lovely bohemian vibe. It is well-suited to both couples and families and Lefkada is an excellent choice for one of our popular Kids club.
To make the most of your luxury holiday in Lefkada, we offer a selection of handpicked luxury villas and a stylish adult-only Simpson Hotel so you can enjoy this beautifully relaxing Greek Island to the full.
Explore our pre-bookable experiences in Lefkada
View holiday Booking Conditions