In this section...
- Romantic cottage just for two
- Mesmerising sea views
- Stylish interiors
- Spacious outdoor space
The first thing you’ll notice about this rather romantic cottage is the view. Perched on the hillside above Vasiliki, Mylos is one of four, immaculate little detached properties looking out over green hills to the brilliant blue of the Ionian and all the way to Ithaca and Kefalonia beyond. The owner, George, designed the accommodation very much with couples in mind, creating two one-bedroom cottages and two large studios, each with their own private swimming pool and terrace. Mylos has comfortable interiors complemented by stunning views. The white-painted timbers, high ceilings and seaside-inspired colour scheme lend real beach-house charm, and each little house has been named after one of the best beaches on the island: Mylos, Kathisma, Afteli and Katsiki.
Vasiliki is renowned for its windsurfing, yet this delightful and sleepy resort offers so much more with enough sea front tavernas to enjoy somewhere different each night and boasting some of the finest beaches not just in Lefkada, but the whole of the Ionian – you can take a little boat to Agiofili beach or make a longer trip to one of the celebrated west coast beaches, such as Porto Katsiki, Mylos, Kathisma or Pefkoulia, which are also easily accessible by hire car. Best of all, the cottages are less than a ten-minute drive from Vasiliki, so you can dip in and out as you like, always with the option of your own private pool and terrace to escape to.
Your delightful hosts, George and Yianna, have thought of everything and this special cottage has been created from passion and a dedication to detail that makes a stay here so unique and epitomises the best that this stunning island has to offer.
Explore our pre-bookable experiences in Lefkada
- One of four cottages clustered together on a hillside overlooking Vasiliki
- Mylos is the second lowest of the Vasiliki Cottages
- All terraces and pools offer privacy and are screened off from each other where necessary
- 1 bedroom single storey cottage (sleeps 2)
- Open plan living/dining/kitchen area with satellite TV and DVD player
- Kitchen includes full cooker, coffee-maker, microwave, dishwasher, fridge-freezer
- Double bedroom with Satellite TV
- Shower room with washing machine
- Front door leads onto shaded terrace with seating areas
- Complimentary WiFi
- Iron, ironing board, hairdryers, pool and bath towels provided
- Day bed
- Private swimming pool 7m x 3.4m (depth 1.5m)
- Private gated and shaded parking
- All properties with WiFi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails*
* We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes due to factors beyond our control reliability can be affected.
National tourist licence (EOT): 0831K91000581501
- Vasiliki shops/tavernas 10min drive
- Beach (Vasiliki) 10min drive
- Ponti Village shops/tavernas 5min drive
- Sivota 25min drive
- Nidri 35min drive
- Porto Katiski beach 35min drive
- Lefkada Town 1hr drive
- Preveza airport 1hr 20min drive
Based on the number of people travelling, the following hire car(s) are included in the package price of your holiday:
- 2 guests – 1 Group C, Citroen C3 or similar*
* All our cars include comprehensive insurance with zero excess. For this particular destination, the undercarriage tyres and windscreen are not included in the cover.
Group C – 1.1 litre engine, 1 large and 1 small suitcase*
The following cars are available as alternatives on request (supplements apply). Please call our travel specialists for details.
Group D – Nissan Note or similar, 1.4 litre engine, 2 large suitcases*
Group E – Fiat Tipo or similar, 2.0 litre engine, 2 large suitcases & 1 small suitcase*
Group F – Automatic Peugeot 301 or similar, 1.6 litre engine, 3 suitcases and 1 small suitcase*
Group J – Nissan Juke SUV or similar, 1.6 litre engine, 1 large suitcases & 1 small suitcase*
Group K – Nissan Evalia/Fiat Doblo or similar, 1.5 litre engine, 2 large suitcases*
Group L – Nissan Primastar or similar, 1.8 litre engine, 6 medium suitcases*
Group M2 – Automatic Nissan Qashqai SUV 2WD or similar, 1.6 - 2.0 litre engine, 2 large and 1 small suitcase*
* Suitcase sizes are based on a large suitcase being approximately 75cm x 41cm x 31cm, a medium suitcase of approximately 65cm x 46cm x 29cm and a small suitcase of 55cm x 40cm x 20cm.
We enjoyed a lovely relaxing week at Mylos, it is a perfectly peaceful location with gorgeous views. The villa is perfect, so nice to find a villa for two. Great service from our Simpson rep as always!
Mr & Mrs Stevens – May 2019
Exactly what it says on the tin! Vasiliki Cottages – Mylos is private, secluded and relaxing with beautiful views.
Mr Perkins – September 2018
We spent two weeks at Mylos on our honeymoon and absolutely loved everything about it. George, the owner, has thought of everything. From coffee machines, Bluetooth speakers, WiFi access, barbecues and shaded carports – there's nothing you're left wanting. Even though there are four villas very close together, privacy isn't an issue in the slightest. The view of Vasiliki from the mountain was just beautiful, and if you fancy walking down for a Retsina, it's only 20 minutes away. Simpson Travel took care of every little detail and we will definitely be returning. Thank you!
Mr Cooper – August 2018
We enjoyed a wonderfully relaxing week. The Cottage wants for nothing – beautiful private pool area. We really liked Sivota – the bakery was great for coffee and a light lunch and Stavros for dinner. Beaches in the immediate area are really picturesque. Loved our trips up in the mountains – stunning scenery and sunsets. Jo recommended the ‘Christina’ boat trip – unfortunately it gets booked up quickly, so we missed out – best to book as soon as you arrive. Our first Simpson Travel holiday but it won’t be our last! Both George and Jo are really helpful. We would love to come back again. Very impressed.
Davon & David – August 2018
We had a magnificent fortnight, with regular trips to Afteli and a lot of eating in Vasiliki. We thought it was really worthwhile going to Lefkada town, and generally speaking thought that all the towns were charming. We also really enjoyed sitting in Sivota for breakfast and watching the boats. George and the reps were wonderfully helpful and welcoming. Everything was as good as it could have been and we would love to come back.
Mowk & Tory – July 2017
Our choice of Greek properties is as diverse as the islands themselves, ranging from simple seaside charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal.
To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
Charmingly traditional, Lefkada is an authentically Greek holiday delight fringed by award-winning beaches. The stunning colours of the landscape are a vibrant force of nature; uplifting, brilliant shades of shocking pink, green and translucent turquoise. Central to all this is Lefkada Town, with its pretty car-free streets, excellent choice of restaurants and waterfront bars and lovely bohemian vibe. It is well-suited to both couples and families and Lefkada is an excellent choice for one of our popular Simpson Crèches.
To make the most of your luxury holiday in Lefkada, we offer a selection of handpicked luxury villas and a stylish adult-only Simpson Hotel so you can enjoy this beautifully relaxing Greek Island to the full.
Explore our pre-bookable experiences in Lefkada
View holiday Booking Conditions