In this section...
- Romantic cottage just for two
- Mesmerising sea views
- Stylish interiors
- Spacious outdoor space
The first thing you’ll notice about this rather romantic cottage is the view. Perched on the hillside above Vasiliki, Kathisma is one of four, immaculate little detached properties looking out over green hills to the brilliant blue of the Ionian and all the way to Ithaca and Kefalonia beyond. The owner, George, designed the accommodation very much with couples in mind, creating two one-bedroom cottages and two large studios, each with their own private swimming pool and terrace. Kathisma is the second highest of the four, with a spacious terrace and lovely views. The white-painted timbers, high ceilings and seaside-inspired colour scheme lend real beach-house charm, and each little house has been named after one of the best beaches on the island: Kathisma, Afteli, Mylos and Katsiki.
Vasiliki is renowned for its windsurfing, yet this delightful and sleepy resort offers so much more with enough sea front tavernas to enjoy somewhere different each night and boasting some of the finest beaches not just in Lefkada, but the whole of the Ionian – you can take a little boat to Agiofili beach or make a longer trip to one of the celebrated west coast beaches, such as Porto Katsiki, Mylos, Kathisma or Pefkoulia, which are also easily accessible by hire car. Best of all, the cottages are less than a ten-minute drive from Vasiliki, so you can dip in and out as you like, always with the option of your own private pool and terrace to escape to.
Your delightful hosts, George and Yianna, have thought of everything and this special cottage has been created from passion and a dedication to detail that makes a stay here so unique and epitomises the best that this stunning island has to offer.
- One of four cottages clustered together on a hillside overlooking Vasiliki
- Kathisma is the second highest of the Vasiliki Cottages
- All terraces and pools offer privacy and are screened off from each other where necessary
- Studio cottage (sleeps 2)
- Open plan living/dining/kitchen/sleeping area with double bed
- Kitchen includes full cooker, coffee-maker, microwave, dishwasher, fridge-freezer
- Shower room with washing machine
- Satellite TV in bedroom and living areas
- Front door leads onto shaded terrace with seating areas
- Complimentary WiFi
- Iron, ironing board, hairdryers, pool and bath towels provided
- Day bed
- Private swimming pool 7m x 3.4m (depth 1.5m)
- Private gated and shaded parking
- All properties with WiFi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails*
* We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes due to factors beyond our control reliability can be affected.
National tourist licence (EOT): 0831K91000581501
- Vasiliki shops/tavernas 10min drive
- Beach (Vasiliki) 10min drive
- Ponti village shops/tavernas 5min drive
- Sivota 25min drive
- Nidri 35min drive
- Porto Katiski beach 35min drive
- Lefkada Town 1hr drive
- Preveza airport 1hr 20min drive
Based on the number of people travelling, the following hire car(s) are included in the package price of your holiday:
- 2 guests – 1 Group C, Citroen C3 or similar*
* All our cars include comprehensive insurance with zero excess. For this particular destination, the undercarriage tyres and windscreen are not included in the cover.
Group C – 1.1 litre engine, 1 large and 1 small suitcase*
The following cars are available as alternatives on request (supplements apply). Please call our travel specialists for details.
Group D – Nissan Note or similar, 1.4 litre engine, 2 large suitcases*
Group E – Fiat Tipo or similar, 2.0 litre engine, 2 large suitcases & 1 small suitcase*
Group F – Automatic Peugeot 301 or similar, 1.6 litre engine, 3 suitcases and 1 small suitcase*
Group J – Nissan Juke SUV or similar, 1.6 litre engine, 1 large suitcases & 1 small suitcase*
Group K – Nissan Evalia/Fiat Doblo or similar, 1.5 litre engine, 2 large suitcases*
Group L – Nissan Primastar or similar, 1.8 litre engine, 6 medium suitcases*
Group M2 – Automatic Nissan Qashqai SUV 2WD or similar, 1.6 - 2.0 litre engine, 2 large and 1 small suitcase*
* Suitcase sizes are based on a large suitcase being approximately 75cm x 41cm x 31cm, a medium suitcase of approximately 65cm x 46cm x 29cm and a small suitcase of 55cm x 40cm x 20cm.
Thank you so much for putting so much energy and care into making our holiday so lovely. Thank you to all your staff. Such a peaceful place with amazing views, food and company.
Alan & Natalie – September 2017
We've travelled with Simpson Travel a number of times over the years and they have become a 'go to' tour operator for us as they always provide the kind of accommodation we love, and customer service to match. We loved our stay in Kathisma, Vasiliki Cottages so much we are heading back there for an extra week late season. George and Iliana have gone out of their way to create delightful spaces for two. The views are stunning, the amount of furniture supplied for two people is more than generous (no dragging your sunbed around the pool, because there are several). Everything you need is there for a peaceful break away, straying only from the cottages if you choose.
Mrs Mercer – September 2017
I have had a wonderful holiday and I was absolutely delighted with the little cottage. It really was very special. Both Paul and Susanne were excellent and extremely helpful. Overall the experience was 10 out of 10. Excellent.
Mr Jaquiss – August 2017
Alex and I spent a wonderful honeymoon here, enjoyed the wonderful place and beautiful pool. We hired a boat from Dessimi and had a wonderful day, stopping for lunch on Meganissi. Everything was so well organised, couldn't fault anything and would definitely book with Simpson Travel again. A great villa, thank you!
Karen & Alex – July 2017
We've had a wonderful week here and a huge thanks to George and Iliana, Paul and Susanne for all their help and advice. We've had a fab time! The first thing we did on arrival was to drive down to Pondi for a beer. Also good beaches nearby, a great walk and a wonderful spot!
Tim and Elish – July 2017
Our choice of Greek properties is as diverse as the islands themselves, ranging from simple seaside charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal.
To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
Charmingly traditional, Lefkada is an authentically Greek holiday delight fringed by award-winning beaches. The stunning colours of the landscape are a vibrant force of nature; uplifting, brilliant shades of shocking pink, green and translucent turquoise. Central to all this is Lefkada Town, with its pretty car-free streets, excellent choice of restaurants and waterfront bars and lovely bohemian vibe. It is well-suited to both couples and families and Lefkada is an excellent choice for one of our popular Simpson Crèches.
To make the most of your luxury holiday in Lefkada, we offer a selection of handpicked luxury villas and a stylish adult-only Simpson Hotel so you can enjoy this beautifully relaxing Greek Island to the full.
View holiday Booking Conditions