In this section...
- Romantic cottage just for two
- Mesmerising sea views
- Stylish interiors
- Spacious outdoor space
The first thing you’ll notice about this rather romantic new cottage is the view. Perched on the hillside above Vasiliki: Mylos, Kathisma, Afteli and Katsiki. Afteli is an immaculate one-bedroom cottage looking out over green hills to the brilliant blue of the Ionian and all the way to Ithaca and Kefalonia beyond. The owner, George, designed his four detached properties very much with couples in mind, creating two one-bedroom cottages and two large studios, each with their own private swimming pool and terrace. Afteli is the highest of the four cottages and the most private. The white-painted timbers, high ceilings and seaside-inspired colour scheme lend the cottages real beach-house charm, and each has been named after one of the best beaches on the island.
Vasiliki is renowned for its windsurfing, yet this delightful and sleepy resort offers so much more with enough sea front tavernas to enjoy somewhere different each night and boasting some of the finest beaches not just in Lefkada, but the whole of the Ionian – you can take a little boat to Agiofili beach or make a longer trip to one of the celebrated west coast beaches, such as Porto Katsiki, Mylos, Kathisma or Pefkoulia, which are also easily accessible by hire car. Best of all, the cottages are less than a ten-minute drive from Vasiliki, so you can dip in and out as you like, always with the delightful option of your own private pool and terrace to escape to.
Your delightful hosts, George and Yianna, have thought of everything and this special cottage has been created from passion and a dedication to detail that makes a stay here so unique and epitomises the best that this stunning island has to offer.
- One of four cottages clustered together on a hillside overlooking Vasiliki
- Afteli is the highest of the Vasiliki Cottages and offers the most privacy
- All terraces and pools offer privacy and are screened off from each other where necessary
- 1 bedroom single storey cottage (sleeps 2)
- Open plan living/dining/kitchen area with satellite TV and DVD player
- Kitchen includes full cooker, coffee-maker, microwave, dishwasher, fridge-freezer
- Double bedroom with Satellite TV
- Shower room with washing machine
- Front door leads onto large shaded terrace with seating areas
- Complimentary WiFi
- Air conditioned throughout
- Iron, ironing board, hairdryers, pool and bath towels provided
- Day bed
- Private swimming pool 7m x 3.4m (depth 1.5m)
- Private gated and shaded parking
- All properties with WiFi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails*
* We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes due to factors beyond our control reliability can be affected.
National tourist licence (EOT): 0831K91000581501
- Vasiliki shops/tavernas 10min drive
- Beach (Vasiliki) 10min drive
- Ponti Village shops/taverna 5min drive
- Sivota 25min drive
- Nidri 35min drive
- Porto Katiski beach 35min drive
- Lefkada Town 1hr drive
- Preveza airport 1hr 20min drive
Based on the number of people travelling, the following hire car(s) are included in the package price of your holiday:
- 2 guests – 1 Group C, VW Polo or similar*
* All our cars include comprehensive insurance with zero excess. For this particular destination, the undercarriage tyres and windscreen are not included in the cover.
Group C – 1.4 litre engine, 1 large and 1 small suitcase*
The following cars are available as alternatives on request (supplements apply). Please call our travel specialists for details.
Group D – Nissan Tiida or similar, 1.6 litre engine, 1 large and 2 medium suitcases*
Group F – Automatic Opel Astra or similar, 1.6 litre engine, 1 large and 2 medium suitcases*
Group K – Opel Zafira or similar, 1.8 litre engine, no suitcases with full occupancy*
Group L – Opel Vivaro or similar, 2.0 litre engine, 6 medium suitcases*
(Simpson Secret Only) Group M – Nissan Qashqai SUV 2WD or similar, 2.0 litre engine, 2 large and 2 medium suitcases*
* Suitcase sizes are based on a large suitcase being approximately 75cm x 41cm x 31cm, a medium suitcase of approximately 65cm x 46cm x 29cm and a small suitcase of 55cm x 40cm x 20cm.
With Simpson Travel you know exactly what you are going to get: quality, attention to detail, amazing locations and just a cut above the rest. Our third holiday with Simpson Travel, and all three being more than ever expected. I would certainly recommend Simpson Travel to anyone. Thank you...and thank you for the amazing chocolates Paul brought over on his visit to see us at the villa...and fresh bread too!
Mrs Dennys – October 2017
This is a lovely island, beautiful scenery and very friendly people. Food-wise we didn't have a bad meal during our stay, the wine was good too. Driving is easy, the majority of roads are fine, up in the mountains Karya Square is a beautiful place for a break! Thanks Susanne, Paul and George for the advice and making this a great holiday.
Mr Smith – August 2017
Always a hassle-free experience when using Simpson Travel. Everything is organised, everything has been thought of and nothing is too much trouble. A wonderful company and I'm glad I've found them!
Ms Wilkin – June 2017
Our choice of Greek properties is as diverse as the islands themselves, ranging from simple seaside charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal.
To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
Charmingly traditional, Lefkada is an authentically Greek holiday delight fringed by award-winning beaches. The stunning colours of the landscape are a vibrant force of nature; uplifting, brilliant shades of shocking pink, green and translucent turquoise. Central to all this is Lefkada Town, whose buggy-friendly, car-free streets invite everyone to explore. This family-friendliness made Lefkada the perfect choice for the second of our popular Simpson Crèches.
To make the most of your luxury holiday in Lefkada, we offer a selection of handpicked luxury villas so you can enjoy this beautifully relaxing Greek Island to the full.
View holiday Booking Conditions