In this section...
- Wonderfully positioned villa
- Delightful sea views
- Comfortable and spacious
- Walking distance to Agios Stephanos
Corfu’s north eastern coastline is one of the most enduringly lovely in the whole of Greece, little changed since Gerald Durrell first wrote about his family holidays. Gleaming, white-pebble coves shelter sleek super-yachts, discreetly opulent villas dot the hillsides and steep, olive-clad slopes plunge into a sea so blue that it defines all others. Our favourite place here is Agios Stephanos, without question one of the most sought-after villages in Corfu, and an idyllic place to rediscover the simple pleasures in life. Days can be whiled away here and at nearby beautiful Kerasia Beach, or better still, puttering along the coast in a small motor boat discovering tiny deserted bays for a delightful private picnic or swim.
Bolovinos House is owned by one of the original Agios Stephanos families. As venerable, long-term residents, the family certainly knew how to pick the best spot; Bolovinos is enviably situated overlooking the pretty harbour. The colourful modern interiors open onto generous sunny terraces and a free-form pool, all just a three-minute walk from the village and the beach.
Whilst maintaining its own independence and privacy, Bolovinos House can be rented along with Villa Sotiris to provide a spacious venue for an extended family gathering or a group of friends.
- 3 bedroom house (sleeps 2-6)
- Open plan living/dining/kitchen area with TV (local channels and limited Greek satellite channels), DVD/CD players, fireplace
- Kitchen includes electric hob/oven, microwave, fridge-freezer, dishwasher
- Twin bedroom with separate bathroom; leads onto pool terrace
- Double bedroom with en-suite bathroom
- Twin bedroom with en-suite shower room
- Large balcony overlooking swimming pool and Agios Stephanos
- Complimentary wifi
- Air-conditioned bedrooms
- Washing machine
- Iron, ironing board, hairdryer, pool and bath towels provided
- Stone barbecue
- Covered outside dining area
- Swimming pool 9m x 5m (depth 1.10m – 1.75m)
- Pre-booked boat hire available for 3 or more days
- All properties with wifi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails*
* We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes due to factors beyond our control reliability can be affected.
Local boat hire
- There is no better way to explore the coastline’s clear waters and discover some deserted bays than in a boat. Small boats, speedboats and cruisers can be pre-booked with our UK office prior to departure and we recommend early reservations, especially for July and August, as availability can be limited.
National tourist licence (EOT): 0829K10000332000
- Agios Stephanos (shops/tavernas) 3min walk
- Kerasia Beach 3min drive
- Corfu Town and airport 50min drive
Based on the number of people travelling, the following hire car(s) are included in the package price of your holiday:
- 2-3 guests – 1 Group C, Ford Fiesta or similar*
- 4 guests – 1 Group D, Opel Astra or similar*
- 5 guests – 1 Group L, Ford Focus or similar*
- 6 guests – 2 Group C, Ford Fiesta or similar*
* All our cars include comprehensive insurance with no excess charge. For this particular destination, the undercarriage, tyres, wing mirrors and windscreen are not included in the cover.
Group C – 1.25 litre engine, 1 large and 1 medium suitcase*
Group D – 1.4 litre engine, 2 large and 1 medium suitcase*
Group L – 1.6 litre engine, 2 large and 2 medium suitcases*
The following cars are available as alternatives on request (supplements apply). Please call our travel specialists for details.
Group E1 – Automatic Citroën C3 or similar, 1.4 litre engine, 1 large and 1 medium suitcase*
Group E2 – Automatic Hyundai Matrix or similar, 1.6 litre engine, 2 large and 2 medium suitcases*
Group F1 – Minibus Fiat Doblo 7 seater or similar, 1.6 litre engine, 2 medium suitcases*
Group F2 – Minibus Fiat Scudo 9 seater or similar, 1.5-2.0 litre engine, 2 small suitcases*
Group M – Fiat Tipo Station Wagon or similar, 1.2 litre engine, 3 large and 2 medium suitcases*
* Suitcase sizes are based on a large suitcase being approximately 75cm x 41cm x 31cm, a medium suitcase of approximately 65cm x 46cm x 29cm and a small suitcase of 55cm x 40cm x 20cm.
Bolovinos House offers a wonderfully convenient location for all age groups and has wonderful views over the village and bay.
Mrs Black – May 2018
Another wonderful Simpson Travel holiday! It was lovely to see Jackie again and she was so helpful in making our time here run so smoothly. Thanks also to Sophie! And to top it all off we had a delightful reunion with the charming Bolovinos family. We fully intend to come back next year.
Bruce & Joanna – September 2017
We have enjoyed ourselves enormously here – a wonderfully relaxing week – Corfu is a seriously magical place and Bolovinos exceeded all expectations and we shall certainly consider returning here. Thanks to Simpson Travel for their help and all the arrangements.
Brain, Antonio, Nicky, Colin & Elizabeth – September 2017
Bolovinos House was a delight and only a few minutes' walk to the village made our stay excellent. Sophie was a very happy lady and cleaned with a smile and Jackie was very helpful, so thank you. Bolovinos is a treat to live in and feels like a home. With wonderful views and a perfect G&T terrace for the pre-dinner tipple, it is perfection. Our granddaughters literally lived in the beautiful pool and had terrific fun. Overall the Simpson Travel experience was excellent – thank you.
Mrs Sisley – August 2017
This was our fourth visit to Corfu with Simpson Travel who provide an excellent service both at home and whilst in Corfu. Their attention to detail, quality and service is second to none and would not hesitate to recommend them. We have already booked our return visit for 2018!
Mr Gunning – July 2017
Bolovinos House is a beautiful villa, very centrally located to Agios Stephanos, with a lovely view of the harbour. All in all, we had a fabulous holiday with Simpson Travel, everything from the BA flight, car hire and accommodation were all great and we would definitely use you again. Thank you!
Ms Hayes – May 2016
So glad to be back and these two weeks leave us in no doubt – it is a great place to have a relaxing holiday. Third visit booked for next year, before we leave! Simpson Travel – thank you! Always well organised from start to finish.
Mr Gunning – June 2015
Absolutely wonderful holiday!
Mrs Corkery – May 2015
Bolovinos House in Corfu is absolutely magical. Located within walking distance of a small village that has five great tavernas, two local supermarkets with a wide variety of choice at reasonable prices and several boat hire companies. The villa has splendid views, great outdoor facilities (including a lovely pool) and accommodation. Bev, the local representative, was exceptionally helpful on arrival, departure and whilst staying at the villa. Her suggestion to take the boat transfer to Agni Taverna was a wonderful addition to our stay – so much so that we went three times! Loved it so much we have re-booked for 2015 – a great find.
Mr Gunning – September 2014
Bolovinos is an amazing villa – the views, the pool and the accommodation are all fabulous! The location is perfect! It's only a short stroll to the local village where there are a few waterfront tavernas, a couple of bars and a handful of shops perfect for a short wander but not a typical 'resort' – much smaller and more friendly. We travelled with a toddler and grandparents and there was plenty of space for everyone. The area of Corfu is beautiful, the people are so friendly and welcoming, I would not hesitate to go back. Simpson Travel is a fantastic company from start to finish. I highly recommend Bolovinos House, Agios Stephanos and Simpson Travel.
Ms Kemp – June 2014
We all very much enjoyed our Corfu holiday with Simpson Travel. Bolovinos House and Agios Stephanos were gorgeous. The house is set on the south side of the village less than five-minutes' walk from the shops and a great choice of tavernas. The views from the balcony and pool over the village are stunning. We sat and watched the boats going to and fro from the balcony outside the upstairs bedrooms.
Mrs Atkinson – May 2013
Our choice of Greek properties is as diverse as the islands themselves, ranging from simple seaside charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal. To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
A hundred stories unfold on lovely Corfu… Tales of gods and goddesses, Phoenicians and Venetians, vibrant towns and sleepy villages. There’s also a rich natural history of mountains, olive groves, fertile valleys and a coastline dotted with picturesque coves, sandy beaches and rocky inlets. Follow in the footsteps of Lawrence and Gerald Durrell with a luxurious retreat to Corfu’s North East, near Agios Stephanos, or venture North West, to enjoy more sandy beaches and scenic coastal drives.
To help you make the most of your luxury holiday in Corfu, we offer an inspiring selection of handpicked luxury villas.
View holiday Booking Conditions