In this section...
- Beautifully maintained villa
- Comfortable and spacious
- Walking distance to Agios Stephanos
- Stunning sea views
Corfu’s north eastern coastline is one of the most enduringly lovely in the whole of Greece, little changed since Gerald Durrell first wrote about his family holidays. Gleaming, white-pebble coves shelter sleek super-yachts, discreetly opulent villas dot the hillsides and steep, olive-clad slopes plunge into a sea so blue that it defines all others. Our favourite place here is Agios Stephanos, without question one of the most sought-after villages in Corfu, and an idyllic place to rediscover the simple pleasures in life. Days can be whiled away here and at nearby beautiful Kerasia Beach, or better still, puttering along the coast in a small motor boat discovering tiny deserted bays for a delightful private picnic or swim.
Set in the hills behind Agios Stephanos, commanding sweeping views as far as Albania, is Leonora’s House. The villa is immaculate, with three, sea-view bedrooms and a spacious living room complete with fireplace for the occasional cool evening in early or late season. Outside there is a large private pool, a barbecue and a delightful trellised pergola; dine here in your own peaceful haven, or meander down the steep driveway and track to the village with its pebble beach and handful of picturesque waterfront bars and tavernas.
- 3 bedroom house (sleeps 2-6)
- Open plan living/dining/kitchen area with TV (local Greek channels with limited satellite channels), DVD/CD players, fireplace
- Kitchen includes electric hob, oven, microwave, fridge-freezer, dishwasher
- 2 twin bedrooms
- Shower room
- Master double bedroom with en-suite bathroom with Juliette balcony
- Complimentary wifi
- All bedrooms air-conditioned
- Washing machine
- Iron, ironing board, hairdryer, pool and bath towels provided
- Stone barbecue
- Pool terrace
- Swimming pool 8m x 4m (depth 1.0m – 2.0m)
- Separate Jacuzzi pool next the main pool
- Pre-booked boat hire available for 3 or more days
- All properties with wifi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails
* We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes due to factors beyond our control reliability can be affected.
Local boat hire
- There is no better way to explore the coastline’s clear waters and discover some deserted bays than in a boat. Small boats, speedboats and cruisers can be pre-booked with our UK office prior to departure and we recommend early reservations, especially for July and August, as availability can be limited.
National tourist licence (EOT): 0829K91000262000
- Agios Stephanos (shops/tavernas) 7min walk
- Kerasia Beach 5min drive
- Corfu Town and airport 50min drive
Based on the number of people travelling, the following hire car(s) are included in the package price of your holiday:
- 2-3 guests – 1 Group C, Ford Fiesta or similar*
- 4 guests – 1 Group D, Opel Astra or similar*
- 5 guests – 1 Group L, Ford Focus or similar*
- 6 guests – 2 Group C, Ford Fiesta or similar*
* All our cars include comprehensive insurance with no excess charge. For this particular destination, the undercarriage, tyres, wing mirrors and windscreen are not included in the cover.
Group C – 1.25 litre engine, 1 large and 1 medium suitcase*
Group D – 1.4 litre engine, 2 large and 1 medium suitcase*
Group L – 1.6 litre engine, 2 large and 2 medium suitcases*
The following cars are available as alternatives on request (supplements apply). Please call our travel specialists for details.
Group E1 – Automatic Citroën C3 or similar, 1.4 litre engine, 1 large and 1 medium suitcase*
Group E2 – Automatic Hyundai Matrix or similar, 1.6 litre engine, 2 large and 2 medium suitcases*
Group F1 – Minibus Fiat Doblo 7 seater or similar, 1.6 litre engine, 2 medium suitcases*
Group F2 – Minibus Fiat Scudo 9 seater or similar, 1.5-2.0 litre engine, 2 small suitcases*
Group M – Fiat Tipo Station Wagon or similar, 1.2 litre engine, 3 large and 2 medium suitcases*
* Suitcase sizes are based on a large suitcase being approximately 75cm x 41cm x 31cm, a medium suitcase of approximately 65cm x 46cm x 29cm and a small suitcase of 55cm x 40cm x 20cm.
Had a really wonderful break here. The position of the villa is superb and we never tired of looking at the view of the bay. The food in all the tavernas has been delicious. The Simpson staff have been excellent and Jackie has been fantastic.
Anthony and Pauline Bull – September 2017
Thanks Jackie for a sublime, relaxing stay. Fantastic terrace and views. Yet again - Simpson travel have come up trumps!
Jeff & Rachel – September 2017
As a family this was our third trip to Corfu and Agios Stefanos, once again we had a fantastic week. This was our fist time using Simpson Travel and we have been very impressed. The villa is immaculate, we loved the design and each room/shared space is so tasteful. The kitchen is fully equipped with everything you could possibly need and is very spacious. We are likely to come back to Corfu again soon and would definitely come back to this villa - it's been a wonderful experience and thank you Simpson Travel for making it feel extra special. We don't want to leave!
The Johnsons – August 2017
Our third time in San Stefano. It is a perfect place to stay. Leonara's house is the best villa we have ever stayed in - it has everything. The pool and outdoor area are absolutely beautiful and again, the view here is amazing, Jackie has been a great help booking tables for us etc. A fantastic holiday and an amazing villa.
The Chittenden Family – August 2017
Leonora's House; ideal location, un-beatable views, fantastic pool, the most restful holiday imaginable. Walk-able to the village and tavernas, friendly and welcoming locals what more could you want for a spring break. Made magical as were welcomed home each evening by a million fireflies twinkling under the olive trees.
Mr Pleeth – May 2017
This was our third trip with Simpson Travel. This time it was in a villa in Corfu. Leonora's house was stunningly situated. The villa itself was beautiful and very well equipped. Jackie our rep was exceptional and as always was informative yet not in your space all the time. The town in which the villa was idyllic. All in all this was another really amazing holiday with Simpson Travel.
Ms Wahed – October 2016
All good things must come to an end. We've had a fabulous two weeks. We will be back.
Mrs Palengat – July 2015
We really enjoyed our week here at Leonora's. We spent most of our days just sitting and relaxing by the pool and enjoying the view. Overall we loved our week here and are sad to be leaving.
Mr Shah – July 2015
Our second visit to Leonora's and we have had a wonderful time.
Mr Davies – June 2015
An amazing week here. The villa is lovely. Thank you Simpson - you delivered again!
Mrs Bolland – May 2015
Wonderful villa. Fantastic views! It has been a glorious week for us all - exploring the different villages but finding the tavernas right here. Three different generations would love to return.
Mrs Turner-Edwards – September 2014
Our 9th year in Corfu and 6th stay at Leonora and we still love it. Will be back next year.
Mrs Brazier – August 2014
We had a lovely stay in Leonora's House. It was great being able to walk down to the village!
Mrs Sangster – July 2014
From the moment we got off the plane it was the most relaxing week we could wish for. The villa is beautiful, the view from it absolutely stunning and the location wonderful. We hardly used the car as everything we needed we could walk to or go by boat to. The week was made more magical by seeing fireflies on our walk home from eating out each evening.
Mr Davies – May 2014
A truly wonderful family holiday in the most beautiful location. The views from our villa were simply stunning
Mrs Conder – July 2013
Our choice of Greek properties is as diverse as the islands themselves, ranging from simple seaside charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal. To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* * For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
A hundred stories unfold on lovely Corfu… Tales of gods and goddesses, Phoenicians and Venetians, vibrant towns and sleepy villages. There’s also a rich natural history of mountains, olive groves, fertile valleys and a coastline dotted with picturesque coves, sandy beaches and rocky inlets. Follow in the footsteps of Lawrence and Gerald Durrell with a luxurious retreat to Corfu’s North East, near Agios Stephanos, or venture North West, to enjoy more sandy beaches and scenic coastal drives.
To help you make the most of your luxury holiday in Corfu, we offer an inspiring selection of handpicked luxury villas.
View holiday Booking Conditions