In this section...
- Stylish contemporary house
- Light and spacious
- Delightful walled garden
- Adults only
- Beach/Gaios 8min drive
- Taverna (high season) 12min walk
Holidays will be different this summer. Find out how travel is changing and what we are doing to keep you safe here.
Contemporary properties are few and far between on Paxos and villas for two in equally short supply – part of what makes this intimate retreat so enchantingly unique. Together with its sister villas, The Secret Garden and The Herb Garden, The Scented Garden is the creative vision of Kostas, the owner of Purple Apricot hotel, and the location is ideal for Loggos, Gaios, and the beach that are no more than a ten-minute drive away. And yet it remains a hidden gem, 250 metres beyond the hotel and tucked away along a typical island track, with access through a grove of silvery olive trees.
However, once you pass beyond the high stone walls of cream-coloured Paxiot stone, you can forget about the world outside and relax in privacy – and a newly planted garden that’s bursting into life, with fragrant herbs and flowers. There’s also a delightful swimming pool and stylish interiors that let in an abundance of natural light. They ensure that this romantic, one-bedroom hideaway never feels anything but comfortable, very spacious and genuinely inviting.
- 1-bedroom house (sleeps 2)
- Open-plan dining/kitchen area with small sofa, TV for DVD use only
- Kitchen includes oven, electric hob, grill, fridge-freezer
- Double bedroom (180cm x 200cm bed)
- Shower room
- Adults only (18 years or older)
- Complimentary WiFi
- Iron, ironing board, hairdryer
- Simpson Travel pool towels
- Outside dining terrace
- Private freeform swimming pool (depth 1m – 1.65m)
- Parking approximately 25m from house
- All properties with WiFi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails. We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes, due to factors beyond our control, reliability can be affected.
National tourist licence (EOT): 0829K91000532901
- Corfu airport to Corfu port is either by taxi, minibus or bus 10min
- Waiting time at Corfu port is usually between 1hr to 2hrs at the port café where there is an area to store luggage – due to Covid-19 there is a reduced timetable and fewer passengers are allowed to travel at one time. The first scheduled boat to leave Corfu for Paxos is at 15:15 and depending on your flight arrival time, this could mean a longer wait than usual at the port.
- Corfu port to Paxos port is by hydrofoil, sea taxi or ferry and depending on the mode of transport the journey will take between 1hr 10mins to 2hrs 15mins
- Local taverna (high season) 5min drive or 15min walk
- Beach 8min drive
- Gaios 8min drive
- Loggos 10min drive
Based on the number of people travelling, the following hire car(s) are included in the package price of your holiday:
- 2 guests – 1 Group B, Fiat Punto or similar*
* All our cars include comprehensive insurance with no excess charge. For this particular destination, the undercarriage, tyres, wing mirrors and windscreen are not included in the cover.
Group B – 1.2-1.3 litre engine, 1 large suitcase*
The following cars are available as alternatives on request (supplements apply). Please call our travel specialists for details.
Group C – Grande Punto or similar, 1.3-1.4 litre engine, 3 medium suitcases*
Group D – Dacia Sandero Step Way or similar, 1.4 litre engine, 3 medium suitcases*
Group I – Suzuki Grand Vitara 7 seater or similar, 2.8 litre engine, 2 medium suitcases*
Group G – Cabrio Fiat 500 or similar, 1.2 litre engine, 1 large suitcase*
Group J – Automatic car or similar, 1.2-1.3 litre engine, 3 medium suitcases*.
Group K – Fiat Doblo A/C 7 seater or similar, 1.5-2.0 litre engine, 2 medium suitcases*
* Suitcase sizes are based on a large suitcase being approximately 75cm x 41cm x 31cm, a medium suitcase of approximately 65cm x 46cm x 29cm and a small suitcase of 55cm x 40cm x 20cm.
Simpson Travel is an outstanding company, the service from start to finish is fabulous. Each and every one of the Simpson staff who we had any communication with, including the reps, are the best you could wish for. Our holiday reps, David and Steph, were fantastic, extremely helpful and friendly, they would do anything to help you if it was possible.
Steve & Margaret – September 2019
The Scented Garden exceeded our expectations. It's a beautiful villa with stunning views. The maid service was excellent and the pool kept spotlessly clean, we used it every day, perfect after a day out walking or exploring the island of Paxos. Steph and David are just amazing, gave us lots of helpful local information and gave us maps and books to enhance our stay, not to mention fizz on my husband's birthday and homemade cakes! They are a credit to Simpson. This is our second visit to Paxos with Simpson, quality and outstanding service every step of the way.
E. Robinson – September 2019
Our second year at Scented Garden and another perfect holiday. The villa is modern and stylish with an idyllic view and plentiful outdoor space. It is a delight to find such a wonderful villa proportioned for two – if only other destinations could replicate it rather than focusing on those for families or groups.
Mrs Elcox – August 2019
Wonderful relaxing week in Paxos. So many amazing places to visit. We did not have a single bad meal. David and Steph were perfect hosts.
Jim & Debbie – July 2019
My husband and I are delighted to express our expectations were surpassed immensely during our stay at Purple Apricot. David and Steph made our stay so very enjoyable and in view of this, coupled with the excellent accommodation and ambience (along with the wonderful support staff); we shall look forward to another holiday in the future at this stunning hotel. We miss it so much. Steph's breakfasts were 5-star, akin to a stay at The Dorchester in London. David is the most charming man one should have the pleasure to meet. Simpson – we have such a fabulous time every time we go on holiday with you. Superb!
Mr & Mrs Davies – June 2019
The Scented Garden ticked the desired boxes of tranquillity and privacy. The Simpson team were helpful, knowledgeable and very accommodating being both accessible and at the same time discrete. It was a pleasure to have them looking after us with the extra mile they went to make us feel welcome and comfortable.
Robin & Lili – June 2019
The Scented Garden far exceeded our expectations. It is an idyllic haven nestled in the olive groves. If peace and relaxation (and an amazing sea view) is what you are looking for this is an ideal place to stay. The standard of the accommodation is luxurious, our maid service was excellent, the attention to detail really elevates a self-catering holiday into something very special. Our concierge, David, was superb – attentive and helpful when we needed but respected our privacy. Would not hesitate to rebook.
Mrs Price – September 2018
Another lovely week on Paxos. We visited 20 years ago and it’s still a very special place. The Scented Garden is a fabulous villa – a beautiful place and beautiful people. We very much enjoyed a walk to the Tripitos Arch from Ozias (see the great walking map in the villa). Total relaxation.
KN & JQ – July 2018
From the moment you walk through its gate you are immersed in Greek island luxury. The far-reaching view over the olive groves to the sea and mainland, the plants, trees and shrubs alive with butterflies, the inviting pool, the quality of the build and fittings, the comfort of the bed, the spacious bathroom, all the seating inside and out and the blue, blue skies and sunshine all make this a little bit of heaven on earth.
Mary Pittam – June 2018
We stayed at the Scented Garden for one week in June. It is just the most divine, peaceful spot and it does have a great sea view. We loved the modern villa and garden/pool area and bed especially comfortable! Felt very private and an absolute joy to spend time in the villa as well as round the cute little island.
Mrs Martin – June 2017
Our choice of Greek properties is as diverse as the islands themselves, ranging from simple seaside charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal. To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
There are few better ways of relaxing than on a luxury holiday in Paxos, where days fill up beautifully with sunbathing, swimming, snorkelling and dining in style, the sea just metres from your table. Amble through ancient olive groves and you’ll catch glimpses of startlingly turquoise bays, the dramatic west-coast cliffs or the Epiros Mountains. In spring, there’s also a haze of purple honesty, wild irises and lilies and a sky that’s alive with birdlife, from hawks to skylarks.
View holiday Booking Conditions