In this section...
- Welcoming family home
- Comfortable and private
- Delightful extensive walled gardens
- Loggos/Lakka/Gaios 10min drive
- Simpson family extras available
At the end of a small country lane on the west coast of Paxos lies Kastanida House, where you are instantly immersed in the natural beauty of this magical island. Nestled amongst ancient olive trees, with the deep blue of the Ionian Sea as a backdrop, this delightful Paxiot house is a very special place.
The outdoor area allows you to absorb the tranquillity of the locale, whether you are relaxing in the sun next to the refreshing infinity pool or reading a book in the balmy shade of the expansive walled garden, a garden perfect for peaceful relaxation.
The airy living area provides all the facilities for enjoyable comfortable living and opens onto the outdoor terrace and blends effortlessly with the original traditional house where the three bedrooms are situated.
A 20-minute walk will take you to the village of Magazia complete with tavernas, café, bakery, supermarket and mini-market. Villa Kastanida with its location and stunning surroundings provides everything required for a very special Paxos experience.
- 3-bedroom villa (sleeps 2-6)
- Open-plan living/dining/kitchen area with Greek satellite TV (English-speaking news channel), DVD/CD player
- Kitchen includes cooker, fridge-freezer, dishwasher
- Double bedroom (160cm x 200cm bed) with en-suite shower room
- Twin bedroom (110cm x 190cm beds)
- Small twin bedroom (75cm x 190cm beds) suitable for children
- Shared shower room
- Complimentary WiFi
- Air-conditioned bedrooms
- Washing machine
- Iron, ironing board, hairdryer
- Simpson Travel pool towels
- Extensive gardens and terraces
- Built-in barbecue area
- Private swimming pool 5m x 9.5m (depth 0.8m – 1.8m)
Simpson family extras
- Family favourite range of toys and games, suitable for ages 5-11
- All properties with WiFi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails. We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes, due to factors beyond our control, reliability can be affected.
National tourist licence (EOT): 0829K10TK8180001
- Corfu airport to Corfu port is either by taxi, minibus or bus 10min
- Waiting time at Corfu port is usually between 1hr to 2hrs at the port café where there is an area to store luggage
- Corfu port to Paxos port is by hydrofoil, sea taxi or ferry and depending on the mode of transport the journey will take between 1hr 10mins to 2hrs 15mins
- Beach 10min drive
- Magazia (mini-market, bakery) 20min walk
- Tavernas/shops 10min drive
- Loggos/Lakka/Gaios port 10min drive
Based on the number of people travelling, the following hire car(s) are included in the package price of your holiday:
- 2-3 guests – 1 Group B, Fiat Punto or similar*
- 4 guests – 1 Group C, Grande Punto or similar*
- 5 guests – 1 Group D, Dacia Sandero Step Way or similar*
- 6 guests – 2 Group B, Fiat Punto or similar*
* All our cars include comprehensive insurance with no excess charge. For this particular destination, the undercarriage, tyres, wing mirrors and windscreen are not included in the cover.
Group B – 1.2-1.3 litre engine, 1 large suitcase*
Group C – 1.3-1.4 litre engine, 3 medium suitcases*
Group D – 1.4 litre engine, 3 medium suitcases*
The following cars are available as alternatives on request (supplements apply). Please call our travel specialists for details.
Group I – Suzuki Grand Vitara 7 seater or similar, 2.8 litre engine, 2 medium suitcases*
Group G – Cabrio Fiat 500 or similar, 1.2 litre engine, 1 large suitcase*
Group J – Automatic car or similar, 1.2-1.3 litre engine, 3 medium suitcases*.
Group K – Fiat Doblo A/C 7 seater or similar, 1.5-2.0 litre engine, 2 medium suitcases*
* Suitcase sizes are based on a large suitcase being approximately 75cm x 41cm x 31cm, a medium suitcase of approximately 65cm x 46cm x 29cm and a small suitcase of 55cm x 40cm x 20cm.
This place is idyllic! So scenic and peaceful – it suits us so well. This is our 20th Simpson holiday and it ranks in the top 5! Just walk out of the door and explore or sleep under the olive trees by the pool with the cat. Wherever you choose to eat will be just fine or stay at home and barbecue under the stars. Katerina and Lucas have made this a lovely home, beautifully kept and cared for. Keep up the good work, Julie! Thank you.
David & Jane – September 2019
Simply wonderful! Kastanida is a beautiful villa in the most peaceful and ideal location. Our second time on Paxos and we’re sure not our last, it’s a beautiful island and the people are lovely. We’ve enjoyed touring, delicious food, stunning beaches and, most of all, the calm and tranquillity – perfect! A fantastic holiday and we’d love to return. Thank you to Katerina for making us feel so welcome and for the delicious cakes. Thank you to Julie and the team.
Linda & John – September 2019
Idyllic place at the end of a track, totally peaceful with beautiful sea and olive views! Easy to relax in the grounds around the pool. Walked into the village most evenings to sample a variety of very acceptable local food and wine. Very friendly service and atmosphere. Well done to all for enabling us to enjoy our 20th, yes 20th Simpson holiday!
Mr & Mrs Duggleby – September 2019
Third time to Paxos, sixth time with Simpson – this is our favourite. Katerina and Lucas are perfect hosts and it’s a perfect villa. A special thank you to Julie for sorting our daughter’s 18th birthday for us – above and beyond. We will be back, jealous of who is visiting after us.
Robert, Louise Esmé, Luca & Silas – August 2019
Nothing short of perfect.
Robert & Louise – August 2019
We have had the best week at Kastanida. Thank you to the Simpson team for their help, care and professionalism. The house is wonderful and the perfect place for a family holiday.
Ed, Laura, Mary, Johnny, Hector & Vickie – August 2019
Kastanida is a real gem – an oasis of peace and privacy – in an ancient olive grove overlooking the sea. As a yoga/meditation teacher, I really value a quiet, peaceful, earthy location and that’s exactly what this place is. We enjoyed lazy family days by the pool.
Olivia & family – July 2019
Second visit to Kastanida – and returning next year. We love this villa – the location is perfect, as is our host! Huge thanks to Katerina and Lucas for looking after us and making everything in this villa perfect.
Barry & Shân – June 2019
We liked it so much we are coming back next year. A lovely house beautifully looked after in an idyllic spot. A perfect holiday.
Susan, Gill & Andy – May 2019
Kastanida House is so peaceful and in a wonderful location. There are lots of circular walks from the cottage, so it is not necessary to drive every day, though it is well placed to explore Paxos. This was our fourth visit to the island and Kastanida House has been the best property so far. Thanks go to Katerina for her welcome and Julie of Simpson Travel for looking after us.
Mike & Penny – June 2018
We had a wonderfully relaxing time at Kastanida House which has a well-kept garden and is surrounded by many olive trees. Most of the time we could only hear the cicadas and the wind in the trees. The pool is surrounded by lavender bushes which gave off the most amazing scent as we relaxed in the sun. The owner, Katarina, is charming and treated us to homemade food gifts and her own olive oil. If you like to be away from it all and yet be only a short drive from tavernas, bars and beaches I couldn't recommend Kastanida House highly enough.
Mrs Gebhardt – June 2018
A flawless and professional experience from start to finish with Simpson Travel. The team made sure we were well looked after and the villa was great. I wouldn’t hesitate to book again and to recommend it to anyone. Thank you.
Miss Jackson – June 2018
This was our sixth visit to Paxos, but the first to Kastanida House, and not, I hope our last. A beautiful calm oasis away from the stress and noise of home. The olive groves provide delightful shade and we enjoyed afternoons sitting and reading by the pool. A thank you to Katerina for keeping the villa spotless and to Julie, the Simpson Travel representative, for looking after us. This was one of our best holidays in Paxos.
Barbara & Tom Suffolk – May 2018
Our ninth time in Paxos and it was excellent as ever! It has been a lovely stay in a lovely villa. Thank you so much Katerina for your lovely food, gifts and kindness. Also need to mention, ever helpful and happy Simpson Travel staff.
The Kitching Family – July 2017
Our choice of Greek properties is as diverse as the islands themselves, ranging from simple seaside charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal. To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
There are few better ways of relaxing than on a luxury holiday in Paxos, where days fill up beautifully with sunbathing, swimming, snorkelling and dining in style, the sea just metres from your table. Amble through ancient olive groves and you’ll catch glimpses of startlingly turquoise bays, the dramatic west-coast cliffs or the Epiros Mountains. In spring, there’s also a haze of purple honesty, wild irises and lilies and a sky that’s alive with birdlife, from hawks to skylarks.
View holiday Booking Conditions