In this section...
- Welcoming family home
- Comfortable and private
- Delightful extensive walled gardens
- Loggos/Lakka/Gaios 10min drive
At the end of a small country lane on the west coast of Paxos lies Kastanida House, where you are instantly immersed in the natural beauty of this magical island. Nestled amongst ancient olive trees, with the deep blue of the Ionian Sea as a backdrop, this delightful Paxiot house is a very special place.
The outdoor area allows you to absorb the tranquillity of the locale, whether you are relaxing in the sun next to the refreshing infinity pool or reading a book in the balmy shade of the expansive walled garden, a garden perfect for peaceful relaxation.
The airy living area provides all the facilities for enjoyable comfortable living and opens onto the outdoor terrace and blends effortlessly with the original traditional house where the three bedrooms are situated.
A 20 minute walk will take you to the village of Magazia complete with tavernas, café/bakery, supermarket and mini-market. Villa Kastanida with its location and stunning surroundings provides everything required for a very special Paxos experience.
- 3 bedroom villa (sleeps 2-6)
- Open-plan living/dining/kitchen area with Greek Satellite TV (with English-speaking news channel), DVD/CD player
- Kitchen includes cooker, fridge-freezer, dishwasher
- Double bedroom with en-suite shower room
- Twin bedroom
- Small twin bedroom suitable for children
- Shared shower room
- Complimentary wifi
- Air-conditioned (except for small twin bedroom)
- Washing machine
- Iron, ironing board, hairdryer, pool and bath towels provided
- Extensive gardens and terraces
- Built-in barbecue area
- Private swimming pool 5m x 9.5m (depth 0.8m – 1.8m)
- All properties with wifi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails*
* We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes due to factors beyond our control reliability can be affected.
National tourist licence (EOT): 0829K10TK8180001
- Beach 10min drive
- Mini-market/bakery (Magazia) 20min walk
- Tavernas/shops 10min drive
- Loggos/Lakka/Gaios port 10min drive
- Transfer Corfu airport to Paxos by hydrofoil, sea taxi or ferry (depending on the mode of transport and the departure port, the journey will take between 1hr 10mins to 2hrs 15mins)
Based on the number of people travelling, the following hire car(s) are included in the package price of your holiday:
- 2-3 guests – 1 Group B, Fiat Punto or similar*
- 4 guests – 1 Group C, Grande Punto or similar*
- 5 guests – 1 Group D, Dacia Sandero Step Way or similar*
- 6 guests – 2 Group B, Fiat Punto or similar*
* All our cars include comprehensive insurance with no excess charge. For this particular destination, the undercarriage, tyres, wing mirrors and windscreen are not included in the cover.
Group B – 1.2-1.3 litre engine, 1 large suitcase*
Group C – 1.3-1.4 litre engine, 3 medium suitcases*
Group D – 1.4 litre engine, 3 medium suitcases*
The following cars are available as alternatives on request (supplements apply). Please call our travel specialists for details.
Group I – Suzuki Grand Vitara 7 seater or similar, 2.8 litre engine, 2 medium suitcases*
Group G – Cabrio Fiat 500 or similar, 1.2 litre engine, 1 large suitcase*
Group J – Automatic car or similar, 1.2-1.3 litre engine, 3 medium suitcases*.
Group K – Fiat Doblo A/C 7 seater or similar, 1.5-2.0 litre engine, 2 medium suitcases*
* Suitcase sizes are based on a large suitcase being approximately 75cm x 41cm x 31cm, a medium suitcase of approximately 65cm x 46cm x 29cm and a small suitcase of 55cm x 40cm x 20cm.
Our 9th time in Paxos, and was excellent as ever! The villa is lovely and the gifts from Katrina are wonderful (Thank you!!). It has been a lovely stay in a lovely villa. Thank you so much Katerina for your lovely food, gifts and kindness. Also need to mention, ever helpful and happy Simpson staff.
The Kitching Family – July 2017
Kastanida House offers seclusion in a peaceful Paxiot village with an easy short walk to great sunsets and a friendly taverna. The property is traditionally built with comfortable furniture, well-equipped, good storage and a good sized pool. Cleaning three times a week also brings Katerina, the owner, who loves her garden and keeps it looking well and productive - we enjoyed the lemons and the plums. If you're lucky she will also offer you some of her own olive oil, cake and biscuits! We found we could get most things we wanted in the village shop in Magazia, a short 5 minute drive away, together with an excellent taverna doing a roaring trade in takeaway spit roasted chicken and kontasouvli pork. Beaches and walks abound.
Mr Firman – July 2016
Dealing with Simpson Travel has been a pleasure from start to finish, for a second year in a row. From the helpful, friendly, knowledgeable - and patient! - sales reps, to the wonderfully efficient dedicated check-in at Heathrow Terminal Five and lovely local rep Kate, our holiday could not have been easier. The villa was exactly as described and perfect for us. It was a wonderful week. Thank you.
Mrs Morony – August 2015
As first guests for the 2015 Summer. A big thank you to Katarina, Simpson and team for a truly lovely, spotlessly clean and comfortable villa. We loved the peaceful and secluded location.
Mrs Morgan – May 2015
After a fabulous week in Corfu, another fabulous week in this lovely house!
Mr Hendry – August 2014
We really had a wonderful stay here. The villa is ideally situated, nestled among the olive groves and is very comfortable and clean. The locals are so friendly and it was one of the most relaxing holidays we have had in a long time. We hope to return next year.
The Wilford Family – July 2014
A lovely holiday-a beautiful villa and pool on the island of Paxos. We were very well looked after and the whole process was very efficient and relaxing. We would definitely book with Simpson Travel again.
Mrs Skulczuk – June 2014
Paxos is a very beautiful island. Kastanida House is a stunning villa within an olive grove with sea views across the trees. It is supremely quiet and peaceful with a perfect sparkling clean infinity pool surrounded by the beautiful gardens which were brimming with hydrangeas and roses. Easy driving on pothole-free roads to the many stunning beaches and tavernas. Driving was actually a pleasure with no parking restrictions. The locals are very friendly and hospitable - a perfect holiday destination.
Miss Polkinghorn – June 2014
What a wonderful place! We have loved the peacefulness here and have made the most of the pool. We loved it here and will be back.
Mrs Curtis – May 2014
First trip to this island was over 30 years ago and I am glad to say it hasn't been spoiled. We have found no fault with Simpson and the villa. The wifi was an added bonus and my son has thrived learning to swim and discovering the local wildlife.
The Greenall Family – May 2014
Our fifth Simpson holiday. A faultless holiday again - Simpson always delivers the goods, we wouldn't do a package from anyone else.
Ms Mainwaring – September 2013
Our choice of Greek properties is as diverse as the islands themselves, ranging from simple seaside charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal. To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
There are few better ways of relaxing than on a luxury holiday in Paxos, where days fill up beautifully with sunbathing, swimming, snorkelling and dining in style, the sea just metres from your table. Amble through ancient olive groves and you’ll catch glimpses of startlingly turquoise bays, the dramatic west-coast cliffs or the Epiros Mountains. In spring, there’s also a haze of purple honesty, wild irises and lilies and a sky that’s alive with birdlife, from hawks to skylarks.
View holiday Booking Conditions