In this section...
- Stylish contemporary house
- Light and spacious
- Delightful walled garden
- Adults only
- Beach/Gaios 8min drive
- Taverna (high season) 12min walk
Our 2022 holidays are now available to reserve online. For more information, visit our Advance Registration page.
Contemporary properties are few and far between on Paxos and villas for two in equally short supply – part of what makes this intimate retreat so enchantingly unique. Together with its sister villas, The Scented Garden and The Secret Garden, The Herb Garden is the creative vision of Kostas, the owner of Purple Apricot hotel, and the location is ideal for Loggos, Gaios, and the beach that are no more than a ten-minute drive away. And yet it remains a hidden gem, tucked away along a typical island track, with access through a grove of silvery olive trees.
However, once you pass beyond the high stone walls of cream-coloured Paxiot stone, you can forget about the world outside and relax in privacy – and a newly planted garden that’s bursting into life, with fragrant herbs and flowers. There’s also a delightful swimming pool and stylish interiors that let in an abundance of natural light. They ensure that this romantic, one-bedroom hideaway never feels anything but comfortable, very spacious and genuinely inviting.
The villa is named after its newly-planted garden, filled with fragrant herbs that form the signature scent of Paxos. Fresh thyme and oregano will add an authentic Greek touch to your evening meal if you’re eating in, or you can just add a sprig of lemon mint to your G&T and call it cooking!
- 1-bedroom house (sleeps 2)
- Open-plan dining/kitchen area with small sofa, TV for DVD use only
- Kitchen includes oven, electric hob, grill, fridge-freezer
- Double bedroom (180cm x 200cm bed)
- Shower room
- Adults only (18 years or older)
- Complimentary WiFi
- Iron, ironing board, hairdryer
- Simpson Travel pool towels
- Outside dining terrace
- Private freeform swimming pool (depth 1m – 1.65m)
- All properties with WiFi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails. We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes, due to factors beyond our control, reliability can be affected.
National tourist licence (EOT): 0829K91000532901
- Corfu airport to Corfu port is either by taxi, minibus or bus 10min
- Waiting time at Corfu port is usually between 1hr to 2hrs at the port café where there is an area to store luggage
- Corfu port to Paxos port is by hydrofoil, sea taxi or ferry and depending on the mode of transport the journey will take between 1hr 10mins to 2hrs 15mins
- Local taverna (high season) 5min drive or 15min walk
- Beach 8min drive
- Gaios 8min drive
- Loggos 10min drive
Based on the number of people travelling, the following hire car(s) are included in the package price of your holiday:
- 2 guests – 1 Group B, Fiat Punto or similar*
* All our cars include comprehensive insurance with no excess charge. For this particular destination, the undercarriage, tyres, wing mirrors and windscreen are not included in the cover.
Group B – 1.2-1.3 litre engine, 1 large suitcase*
The following cars are available as alternatives on request (supplements apply). Please call our travel specialists for details.
Group C – Grande Punto or similar, 1.3-1.4 litre engine, 3 medium suitcases*
Group D – Dacia Sandero Step Way or similar, 1.4 litre engine, 3 medium suitcases*
Group I – Suzuki Grand Vitara 7 seater or similar, 2.8 litre engine, 2 medium suitcases*
Group G – Cabrio Fiat 500 or similar, 1.2 litre engine, 1 large suitcase*
Group J – Automatic car or similar, 1.2-1.3 litre engine, 3 medium suitcases*.
Group K – Fiat Doblo A/C 7 seater or similar, 1.5-2.0 litre engine, 2 medium suitcases*
* Suitcase sizes are based on a large suitcase being approximately 75cm x 41cm x 31cm, a medium suitcase of approximately 65cm x 46cm x 29cm and a small suitcase of 55cm x 40cm x 20cm.
The Herb Garden was our first stay on Paxos and what a fantastic choice. Location is superb and Paxos is such a beautiful place. The representatives David and Steph were excellent and so helpful. We really did not want to leave and will definitely return.
Mr & Mrs White – August 2019
Our time on Paxos and at The Herb Garden can only be described as perfect. We simply loved every minute we had there and can’t thank David, our representative, enough. We can’t wait to holiday with you again.
Simpson Traveller – July 2019
What a wonderful place The Herb Garden is! We could not have hoped for better when booking our honeymoon. Exceptional standards, beautifully finished and with the help of David and Steph we had the most relaxing week.
VWilliam & Sarah – July 2019
Paxos is a beautiful, small, compact island with so much to do and see. No need to waste a lot of time driving in very hot temperatures as everywhere is only about 20 minutes away! Ideal. Excellent restaurants and tavernas. We had two lovely relaxing weeks in a gorgeous villa and were very well looked after by David and Steph. We could easily have stayed for three!
Val & Gordon – June 2019
A very lovely, quiet setting to get away. Beautifully built property and gardens and the kitchen supplied every utensil needed. The welcome pack had everything needed for your first night and breakfast. We were very surprised how comprehensive it was. The villa was of a very high standard and very comfortable. The villa was cleaned twice in a week which was also something we didn’t expect and was that extra bit of luxury.
Jo Speak – May 2019
Just returned from a wonderful two weeks on Paxos, staying at the magnificent Herb Garden.It was better than we ever expected and would thoroughly recommend it. Simpson Travel came up trumps with this one.
Paul Brown – September 2018
This was our first time with Simpson Travel and received excellent service.
Mr M Dove – July 2018
Our choice of Greek properties is as diverse as the islands themselves, ranging from simple seaside charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal. To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
There are few better ways of relaxing than on a luxury holiday in Paxos, where days fill up beautifully with sunbathing, swimming, snorkelling and dining in style, the sea just metres from your table. Amble through ancient olive groves and you’ll catch glimpses of startlingly turquoise bays, the dramatic west-coast cliffs or the Epiros Mountains. In spring, there’s also a haze of purple honesty, wild irises and lilies and a sky that’s alive with birdlife, from hawks to skylarks.
View holiday Booking Conditions