In this section...
- Spacious and private estate
- Set in 10 acres
- Semi-tropical garden leads down to beach
- Taverna 5-minute walk
This property has an exclusive offer, please view our Late availability page for more information.
The lane from Gaios to Mongonissi meanders along hugging the coastline and offers intermittent glimpses of hidden bays of white pebbles and turquoise waters.
Just a few hundred metres before the road ends at the only sandy beach on Paxos supported by a lone taverna, lies the splendid Basilica Estate, aptly named after the 5th-century early Christian church that lies at the bottom of the garden. The house is set in 10 acres of grounds which by Paxos standards represents one of the largest private areas on the island. Much of the garden is semi-tropical and leads down to a small bay ideal for an early morning swim before breakfast, whilst behind the house the land stretches upwards through a more craggy terrain finishing with glorious views to the magical island of Anti Paxos just a mile away across the channel.
The light and spacious house, with its vaulted living room and large glass windows, also offers a delightful swimming pool with outside dining areas complementing its private position.
- 4 bedroom split-level villa (sleeps 2-7)
- Open plan living/dining/kitchen area; cloakroom; leads out to dining terrace
- Living area includes TV (Local Greek television channels and English-speaking news channels), DVD and CD player
- Kitchen includes electric hob, oven, microwave, mini-dishwasher; door to dining terrace
Steps down to lower level
- Master double bedroom (160cm x 190cm bed) with en-suite bathroom with shower attachment
- Utility room with washing machine
Steps up to upper level
- Double bedroom (160cm x 190cm bed) leading to terrace
- Twin bedroom (90cm x 190cm beds)
- Single bedroom (90cm x 190cm bed)
- Bathroom with shower attachment
- Complimentary WiFi
- Air-conditioned bedrooms
- Iron, ironing board, hairdryer, pool and bath towels provided
- Built-in barbecue area
- Private swimming pool 5m x 12m (steps into pool tapering to 1.70m deep)
- Beach across the lane at the end of the garden
- Basilica Estate is unsuitable for wheelchair users
- All properties with WiFi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails*
* We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes due to factors beyond our control reliability can be affected.
National tourist licence (EOT): 0829K10000404301
- 2 tavernas (Mongonissi Beach) 5min walk
- Shops/restaurants/supermarkets (Gaios) 10min drive
- Loggos 20min drive
- Lakka 20min drive
- Port 12min drive
- Transfer Corfu airport to Paxos by hydrofoil, sea taxi or ferry (depending on the mode of transport and the departure port, the journey will take between 1hr 10mins to 2hrs 15mins)
Based on the number of people travelling, the following hire car(s) are included in the package price of your holiday:
- 2-3 guests – 1 Group B, Fiat Punto or similar*
- 4 guests – 1 Group C, Grande Punto or similar*
- 5 guests – 1 Group D, Dacia Sandero Step Way or similar*
- 6 guests – 2 Group B, Fiat Punto or similar*
- 7 guests – 1 Group B, Fiat Punto, and 1 Group C, Grande Punto, or similar*
* All our cars include comprehensive insurance with no excess charge. For this particular destination, the undercarriage, tyres, wing mirrors and windscreen are not included in the cover.
Group B – 1.2-1.3 litre engine, 1 large suitcase*
Group C – 1.3-1.4 litre engine, 3 medium suitcases*
Group D – 1.4 litre engine, 3 medium suitcases*
The following cars are available as alternatives on request (supplements apply). Please call our travel specialists for details.
Group I – Suzuki Grand Vitara 7 seater or similar, 2.8 litre engine, 2 medium suitcases*
Group G – Cabrio Fiat 500 or similar, 1.2 litre engine, 1 large suitcase*
Group J – Automatic car or similar, 1.2-1.3 litre engine, 3 medium suitcases*.
Group K – Fiat Doblo A/C 7 seater or similar, 1.5-2.0 litre engine, 2 medium suitcases*
* Suitcase sizes are based on a large suitcase being approximately 75cm x 41cm x 31cm, a medium suitcase of approximately 65cm x 46cm x 29cm and a small suitcase of 55cm x 40cm x 20cm.
What another wonderful stay, we've been here three times now and we're intending on many more.
The Kelsey'Family– August 2017
A truly magical week...so very sad to leave. We hope to return one day.
Melissa, Toby & Maggie – August 2017
We loved this house and its amazing location. If you follow the path up behind the back of the house you eventually come to a bench with the most fabulous view out to sea. The children loved swimming across to the sandy beach. We hope to return.
Sarah & Abbey – August 2017
Simpson Travel obviously source with care the very best holiday villas and accommodation with much attention to location, style and comfort. Accompanying this is a concierge travel service with Simpson staff always there to support. A truly blissful holiday. Thank you Mr Simpson.
Ms Heaney – August 2017
Basilica Estate on Paxos is a superb villa, great location. Super service from Simpson Travel.
Mrs Jones – July 2017
We have always booked direct and this was our first holiday via a travel company and we would not hesitate to use Simpson Travel again. Many thanks to the very professional and happy team both in the London office and in Greece. The information pack in the villa was especially helpful as it contained up-to-date information including details of the local doctor, Dr Kostas, who helped mend our teenager daughter's wounds in the middle of the night! Thank you everyone at Simpson Travel for a wonderful holiday.
Mrs Marchand – August 2016
Having travelled to Paxos with Simpson Travel for the past three years, I would not use another agent again. Quite simply the best.
Mrs Kelsey – July 2016
This was our second Simpson Travel experience and was absolutely tops! Location, accommodation and the Simpson presence in Paxos was all fantastic. Many thanks and see you again soon. Even enjoyed our visiting cat, Little Big Ears.
Mrs Clark – July 2014
We have just returned from a wonderful holiday in Paxos. The villa was absolutely stunning and in a perfect location. A real treat to wander down the long drive to the little beach and join the locals for a refreshing swim first thing in the morning!
Mrs Bartlett – July 2013
Our choice of Greek properties is as diverse as the islands themselves, ranging from simple seaside charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal. To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
There are few better ways of relaxing than on a luxury holiday in Paxos, where days fill up beautifully with sunbathing, swimming, snorkelling and dining in style, the sea just metres from your table. Amble through ancient olive groves and you’ll catch glimpses of startlingly turquoise bays, the dramatic west-coast cliffs or the Epiros Mountains. In spring, there’s also a haze of purple honesty, wild irises and lilies and a sky that’s alive with birdlife, from hawks to skylarks.
View holiday Booking Conditions