In this section...
- Spectacular sea views
- Stylish, contemporary accommodation
- Master suite with private terrace
- Self-contained annexe
- Vathy 20min walk
Holidays will be different this summer. Find out how travel is changing and what we are doing to keep you safe here.
Set high above Balos Bay, with breathtakingly beautiful views across the water to Skorpios, Lefkada and mainland Greece, Villa Mythos is an island hideaway that has it all. Contemporary in style but classic in feel, this much-loved family home has been crafted from the beautiful stone excavated during its creation. The attractive open-plan living room has folding doors opening out on to a lovely shaded terrace with generous soft seating, perfect for soaking up the view. The inviting infinity pool melts into the wonderful panorama beyond and, for the height of luxurious outdoor living, a covered bar area, barbecue and dining terrace afford another opportunity to gather together with friends and loved ones to enjoy the enchanting setting.
The versatile accommodation offers double and twin bedrooms on the ground floor of the main house with an elegant master upstairs leading to another terrace with views so magnificent you’ll struggle to tear yourself away. A further annexe by the entrance to the grounds, complete with kitchenette, independent terrace and jacuzzi makes a charming retreat for grandparents, teenagers or a nanny, but wherever you choose to lay your head in this tantalizing spot you’ll be touched by the hypnotic beauty of your surroundings. The well-tended gardens are another sensory pleasure, a fragrant and colourful blend of Mediterranean planting in perfect harmony with the natural flora and fauna of the island.
The delightful harbour in Vathy is a 20-minute walk from the villa, offering a good selection of tavernas, bars and restaurants and everything you need for day-to-day living. But to experience Meganissi at its best, take life slowly; sit back and let it in or venture out and explore at your leisure - by boat, on foot, by bicycle or car. Villa Mythos is the perfect base to experience the joy of this very special island; a blissful spot for a magical holiday.
- 3 bedroom villa with separate self-contained annexe (sleeps 2-8)
- Living/dining area with TV (English-speaking news channels)
- Kitchen with oven, hob, microwave, fridge-freezer, dishwasher
- Double bedroom (150cm x 200cm bed) with en-suite shower room, leads out to terrace
- Twin bedroom with en-suite shower room (suitable for wheelchair users), leads to terrace
- Double bedroom (180cm x 200cm bed)
- Separate bathroom
- Large private balcony with seating area, sunbeds, umbrella, canopy
- Double bedroom
- Bathroom with shower attachment
- Private terrace with Jacuzzi
- Complimentary WiFi
- Air-conditioned throughout
- Washing machine and tumble dryer
- Iron, ironing board, hairdryer, Simpson pool towels provided
- Outside shaded dining area
- Private swimming pool 3.5m x 7m (depth 1.5m throughout), access by steps (no handrails)
- Sloped driveway up-to house
- All properties with WiFi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails*
* We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes due to factors beyond our control reliability can be affected.
- Shops/restaurants/cafés (Vathy) 20min walk or 5min drive
- Beach 5min drive
- Transfer Preveza airport to Meganisi by taxi or minibus and sea taxi or ferry (depending on the mode of transport and the departure port, the journey will take about 1hr 30mins)
Based on the number of people travelling, the following hire car(s) are included in the package price of your holiday:
- 2-3 guests – 1 Group C, Citroen C3 or similar*
- 4-5 guests – 1 Group D, Nissan Note or similar*
- 6 guests – 2 Group C, Citroen C3 or similar*
- 7 guests – 1 Group C, Citroen C3 or similar* and 1 Group D, Nissan Note or similar*
- 8 guests – 2 Group D, Nissan Note or similar*
* All our cars include comprehensive insurance with zero excess. For this particular destination, the undercarriage tyres and windscreen are not included in the cover.
Group C – 1.1 litre engine, 1 large and 1 medium suitcase*
Group D – 1.4 litre engine, 2 large suitcases*
The following cars are available as alternatives on request (supplements apply). Please call our travel specialists for details.
Group E – Fiat Tipo or similar, 2.0 litre engine, 2 large suitcases & 1 small suitcase*
Group F – Automatic Peugeot 301 or similar, 1.6 litre engine, 3 suitcases and 1 small suitcase*
* Suitcase sizes are based on a large suitcase being approximately 75cm x 41cm x 31cm, a medium suitcase of approximately 65cm x 46cm x 29cm and a small suitcase of 55cm x 40cm x 20cm.
Our choice of Greek properties is as diverse as the islands themselves, ranging from simple seaside charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal. To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
Local life potters along as it’s done for centuries and there are no bustling resorts on Meganissi, just three flower-filled villages – and yet you’ll still see luxury yachts moored in the harbours. Warmly welcoming, this island is also beautifully unspoilt; its coastline dotted with gleaming white beaches, some accessible only by boat or kayak. Inland, the rolling hills make for wonderful walking country, with shady pine forests and spectacular blue seas beyond.
To complete the picture, we offer a selection of handpicked luxury villas on Meganissi.
View holiday Booking Conditions