In this section...
- Simpson Exclusive
- Beautiful elegant home
- Stylish and immaculate interiors
- Mesmerising sea views
- Landscaped gardens
- Summer kitchen
- Direct access to the sea
- Vathy 10-minute drive
When you hear that a British Naval officer was posted to Greece during the Second World War and fell in love with a celebrated Athenian ballet dancer, it sounds like the opening to a movie. Yet it was the beginning of a romance with such heart that you can feel it woven into the very fabric of their sons’ two villas – built on Meganissi to honour their Greek heritage. Michael and John Shepherd were raised in England but spent blissful family holidays in Greece with their mother’s family and grew up fluent in the language and well-versed in its rich cultures and traditions. Named after their mother and grandmother respectively, Villas Mimi and Xeni represent a poignant and beautiful tribute to their treasured childhood memories. With mesmerising views across the Ionian to the unspoilt islands of Kalamos and Kastos, suspended in the infinite blue of sea and sky, the villas offer a sense of peace and harmony matched only by the natural serenity of their exquisite island home.
Villa Mimi belongs to Michael, an international hotelier with an illustrious five-star career, whose impeccable eye for detail is evident throughout this truly exceptional villa. His daughter, a renowned interior designer, has combined classic contemporary décor, sumptuous fabrics and charming traditional touches to create a wonderfully elegant home, with relaxed living and effortless entertaining in mind. From the hand-crafted kitchen to the sophisticated bedroom suites with their bespoke wardrobes and deliciously stylish bathrooms, the finest natural materials have been used throughout to create a haven of quiet sophistication and unashamed luxury.
Outside on the terrace, the infinity pool appears to melt into the dazzling blue yonder and an expansive pergola, comfortably furnished and with its own well-equipped summer kitchen, ensures outdoor living is a joy both day and night. The landscaped gardens are an oasis of fragrant Mediterranean planting offering a choice of seating areas to lie back and drink in the heavenly views, with not another house between you and the boundless sea beyond. And when you hear the Ionian calling, there are steps down to a stone terrace, shared only with Villa Xeni, ideal for dolphin spotting or accessing the water via several wooden walkways.
Though only a 10-minute drive from the charming harbour in Vathy, with its pretty shops and waterside tavernas, Villa Mimi is a magical and secluded island paradise, born out of a legacy of wartime love and romance. Created with flair and imagination, it inspires the same passion in its guests as it does in its owners – this is an unimaginably beautiful setting for a very special villa.
Good to know…
Villa Mimi, closest to the sea, and Villa Xeni are a comfortable distance apart and the enjoyment of this spectacular location is not compromised by their proximity to one another. They are designed to be booked separately, however, larger groups may wish to consider both villas for a sophisticated island gathering.
- 4 bedroom villa (sleeps 2-8)
- Living/dining area with wood-burner, TV (English-speaking channels) with DVD player, leads to pool terrace
- Fully fitted open-plan kitchen with oven, hob, microwave, wine cooler, fridge-freezer, dishwasher
- Twin bedroom (90cm beds) with en-suite shower room, leads to patio
- Twin bedroom (80cm beds, can be converted into a double on request) with en-suite shower room, leads to terrace
- Utility room with washing machine
- Master suite (180cm bed) accessed by own staircase, dressing room, en-suite shower room, sitting room, wood burner, leads to two separate private balconies
Guest suite (180cm bed) accessed from living room staircase, en-suite bathroom with walk-in shower and bath, dressing room, leads to two separate private balconies
- Complimentary WiFi (accessible from ground floor and terrace)
- Air-conditioned throughout
- Iron, ironing board, hairdryers and pool towels provided
- Outside dining area and summer kitchen with gas hob and dishwasher
- Outside shower
- Poolroom with WC
- Private heated swimming pool 11m x 4m (depth 1m – 1.80m)
- Parking area for two cars
- Security deposit (£1,500) required 3 weeks prior to departure
- All properties with WiFi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails*
* We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes due to factors beyond our control reliability can be affected.
National tourist licence application (EOT): 106897
- Beach (Limonari) 5 minute drive
- Tavernas (Katomeri) 25 minute walk or 5 minute drive
- Supermarkets (Katomeri) 25 minute walk or 5 minute drive
- Vathy Harbour supermarkets, shops, tavernas and restaurants 45 minute walk or 10 minute drive
- Transfer Preveza airport to Meganissi by taxi or minibus and sea taxi or ferry (depending on the mode of transport and the departure point, the journey will take about 1hr 30 mins)
Based on the number of people travelling, the following hire car(s) are included in the package price of your holiday:
- 2-3 guests – 1 Group C, Citroen C3 or similar*
- 4-5 guests – 1 Group D, Nissan Note or similar*
- 6 guests – 2 Group C, Citroen C3 or similar*
- 7 guests – 1 Group C, Citroen C3 or similar* and 1 Group D, Nissan Note or similar*
- 8 guests – 2 Group D, Nissan Note or similar*
* All our cars include comprehensive insurance with zero excess. For this particular destination, the undercarriage tyres and windscreen are not included in the cover.
Group C – 1.1 litre engine, 1 large and 1 medium suitcase*
Group D – 1.4 litre engine, 2 large suitcases*
The following cars are available as alternatives on request (supplements apply). Please call our travel specialists for details.
Group E – Fiat Tipo or similar, 2.0 litre engine, 2 large suitcases & 1 small suitcase*
Group F – Automatic Peugeot 301 or similar, 1.6 litre engine, 3 suitcases and 1 small suitcase*
* Suitcase sizes are based on a large suitcase being approximately 75cm x 41cm x 31cm, a medium suitcase of approximately 65cm x 46cm x 29cm and a small suitcase of 55cm x 40cm x 20cm.
A superb villa in a lovely location with access to the sea.
Sarah – July 2019
It was a huge privilege to be the first guests at Villa Mimi, an exquisite villa on the enchanting island of Meganissi. The villa was designed with all the 21st-century comforts you could possibly want, whilst at the same time reflecting the stunning wild landscape of its cliff-side location. So relaxing to lie in the sun or shade of its beautiful gardens looking out across the luxury pool to the bay beyond, waiting for a glimpse of dolphins.
Unforgettable experiences include jumping straight into the crystal clear sea from the property edge for wild, free swimming. Hiring a motor boat was another highlight, giving us the opportunity to explore the rocky inlets, deserted coves and caves all around the island, jumping straight from the boat into the turquoise sea to snorkel and swim. Small quiet beaches with facilities are also easy to reach from the villa.
The tranquil villages of Spartochori or Katomeri are perfect to potter around, with a traditional unhurried lifestyle and we were overwhelmed by the generosity of the locals, always slipping in something extra to a bag of shopping. It is easy to buy fresh meat, fresh fish caught on the day and a wealth of fruit and vegetables. Villa Mimi is excellently equipped with both indoor and outdoor kitchens and a barbecue. However, if you want a break from cooking, numerous superb restaurants are just ten minutes away in the delightful port of Vathy.
We found travelling round the mostly deserted roads of the island was fun on mopeds which can be hired in Vathy or Spartochori. Throughout our stay the Simpson staff provided excellent support and an information service, from an efficient and friendly service on arriving at the airport to a warm welcome by the local representative on the island.
The level of service, care and quality of the entire holiday was extraordinary and we cannot wait to return.
Rebecca Coulthurst – June 2019
This is a fantastic place! It’s on a small island no-one has heard of and perfect – tranquil, traditional, unhurried and amazingly friendly people, but also has everything you need for a downtime break. Plenty of places to eat – lovely food, beautiful harbours and beaches. Hire a boat, see unspoilt water and rocky inlets, dive into the turquoise sea – wow! And Villa Mimi is a superstar place. Every luxury – what a view, especially over the infinity pool looking out. Access to the sea for swimming off the rocks. The fit out is nothing but the best everywhere and so tasteful. We are definitely buying one of the wireless Marshall Amps so thoughtfully provided throughout the place! Outside eating? Check! Massive dining space, barbecue, outdoor worktops and units with separate hob, fridge, dishwasher and cutlery. Very impressive. Lots of places and room to lounge about! We loved it!
Mr Youngman – June 2019
Our choice of Greek properties is as diverse as the islands themselves, ranging from simple seaside charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal. To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
Local life potters along as it’s done for centuries and there are no bustling resorts on Meganissi, just three flower-filled villages – and yet you’ll still see luxury yachts moored in the harbours. Warmly welcoming, this island is also beautifully unspoilt; its coastline dotted with gleaming white beaches, some accessible only by boat or kayak. Inland, the rolling hills make for wonderful walking country, with shady pine forests and spectacular blue seas beyond.
Every Simpson Exclusive Villa includes our complimentary Concierge Service, designed to make your holiday experience as relaxing and seamless as possible.
It includes our dedicated pre-departure services to help you plan the details of your trip before you leave the UK, from the logistics of your journey to the personal requests that will make your time away truly magical.
Drawing on our experience and extensive local knowledge, we will do our utmost to accommodate any feasible request.
However, as a minimum, we can arrange:
- UK airport hotels and parking
- UK airport lounge access
- Private chef service
- Grocery shopping and delivery
- Restaurant recommendations and reservations
- In-villa massage and beauty treatments
- Boat hire and excursions
- Private jets
Once you reach your destination, our local Concierge will be on hand to offer any further advice or assistance.
View holiday Booking Conditions