In this section...
- Simpson Exclusive
- Classically elegant stone house
- Stunning sea views
- Light and contemporary
- Direct access to sea
- Vathy 10-minute drive
When you hear that a British Naval officer was posted to Greece during the Second World War and fell in love with a celebrated Athenian ballet dancer, it sounds like the opening to a movie. Yet it was the beginning of a romance with such heart that you can feel it woven into the very fabric of their sons’ two villas – built on Meganissi to honour their Greek heritage. Michael and John Shepherd were raised in England but spent blissful family holidays in Greece with their mother’s family and grew up fluent in the language and well-versed in its rich cultures and traditions. Named after their mother and grandmother respectively, Villas Mimi and Xeni represent a poignant and beautiful tribute to their treasured childhood memories. With mesmerising views across the Ionian to the unspoilt islands of Kalamos and Kastos, suspended in the infinite blue of sea and sky, the villas offer a sense of peace and harmony matched only by the natural serenity of their exquisite island home.
Villa Xeni belongs to John, whose love of the island shines through in the design and execution of this classically elegant four-bedroom home. From the fossil-imprinted limestone of its walls to the spectacular south-east facing location on the terraces of an old olive grove, it is an attractive blend of sympathetic contemporary styling and relaxed chic, perfect for comfortable living. Its elevated position ensures the villa basks in day-long sunshine and early risers are rewarded with the slow-burning spectacle of sunrise over Kalamos Island, heralding another delightfully indolent day on this most restful of islands.
The view from the infinity pool is spellbinding at any hour, and the glorious terrace offers a variety of restful seating options, perfect for quiet contemplation or leisurely lunches in the shade of the pretty pergola. And when the lure of the sea becomes overwhelming, there are steps outside the villa, shared only with Villa Mimi, leading down to several private terraces set into the rocky shoreline, and a bathing platform which allows direct access to this sea in this magical and secluded part of the island.
Though only a 10-minute drive from the charming harbour in Vathy, with its pretty shops and waterside tavernas, Villa Xeni is a haven of tranquillity, born out of a legacy of wartime love and romance; an inspiring oasis in an unimaginably beautiful setting.
Good to know…
Villa Xeni and Villa Mimi are a comfortable distance apart and offer complete privacy. The enjoyment of this spectacular location is not compromised by their proximity to one another and they are designed to be booked separately. However, larger groups may wish to consider both villas for a sophisticated island gathering.
- 4 bedroom villa (sleeps 2-8)
- Living/dining area with wood-burner, TV (English speaking channels), DVD/Blu-Ray player, leads to pool terrace
- Fully fitted open-plan kitchen with oven, hob, fridge-freezer, dishwasher Utility room with washing machine
- Double bedroom (queen size bed) with en-suite shower room, leads to patio
- Twin bedroom (can be converted into a double on request) with en-suite shower room (no WC), leads to patio
- Double bedroom (queen size four-poster bed) accessed by own staircase with dressing room and en-suite shower room, leads to two private balconies
- Double bedroom (queen size bed) accessed from living room staircase, with en-suite bathroom with shower, separate WC, dressing room, leads to private balcony
- Complimentary WiFi (accessible from ground floor and patio)
- Air-conditioned throughout
- Iron, ironing board, hairdryers, pool and bath towels provided
- Hairdryers in all bedrooms
- Outside dining area
- Poolroom with shower and WC
- Private swimming pool 11m x 4m (depth 1m – 1.80m)
- Path leads down to rocky shoreline with access to the sea
- Separate parking areas (15m and 30m from garden entrance)
- Not suitable for children under 5 years
- Security deposit (£1,500) required 3 weeks prior to departure
- All properties with WiFi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails*
* We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes due to factors beyond our control reliability can be affected.
National tourist licence application (EOT): 1068973
- Beach (Limonari) 5 minute drive
- Tavernas (Katomeri) 25 minute walk or 5 minute drive
- Supermarkets (Katomeri) 25 minute walk or 5 minute drive
- Vathy Harbour supermarkets, shops, tavernas and restaurants 45 minute walk or 10 minute drive
- Transfer Preveza airport to Meganissi by taxi or minibus and sea taxi or ferry (depending on the mode of transport and the departure point, the journey will take about 1hr 30 mins)
Based on the number of people travelling, the following hire car(s) are included in the package price of your holiday:
- 2-3 guests – 1 Group C, Citroen C3 or similar*
- 4-5 guests – 1 Group D, Nissan Note or similar*
- 6 guests – 2 Group C, Citroen C3 or similar*
- 7 guests – 1 Group C, Citroen C3 or similar* and 1 Group D, Nissan Note or similar*
- 8 guests – 2 Group D, Nissan Note or similar*
* All our cars include comprehensive insurance with zero excess. For this particular destination, the undercarriage tyres and windscreen are not included in the cover.
Group C – 1.1 litre engine, 1 large and 1 medium suitcase*
Group D – 1.4 litre engine, 2 large suitcases*
The following cars are available as alternatives on request (supplements apply). Please call our travel specialists for details.
Group E – Fiat Tipo or similar, 2.0 litre engine, 2 large suitcases & 1 small suitcase*
Group F – Automatic Peugeot 301 or similar, 1.6 litre engine, 3 suitcases and 1 small suitcase*
* Suitcase sizes are based on a large suitcase being approximately 75cm x 41cm x 31cm, a medium suitcase of approximately 65cm x 46cm x 29cm and a small suitcase of 55cm x 40cm x 20cm.
Our choice of Greek properties is as diverse as the islands themselves, ranging from simple seaside charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal. To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
Local life potters along as it’s done for centuries and there are no bustling resorts on Meganissi, just three flower-filled villages – and yet you’ll still see luxury yachts moored in the harbours. Warmly welcoming, this island is also beautifully unspoilt; its coastline dotted with gleaming white beaches, some accessible only by boat or kayak. Inland, the rolling hills make for wonderful walking country, with shady pine forests and spectacular blue seas beyond.
Every Simpson Exclusive Villa includes our complimentary Concierge Service, designed to make your holiday experience as relaxing and seamless as possible.
It includes our dedicated pre-departure services to help you plan the details of your trip before you leave the UK, from the logistics of your journey to the personal requests that will make your time away truly magical.
Drawing on our experience and extensive local knowledge, we will do our utmost to accommodate any feasible request.
However, as a minimum, we can arrange:
- UK airport hotels and parking
- UK airport lounge access
- Private chef service
- Grocery shopping and delivery
- Restaurant recommendations and reservations
- In-villa massage and beauty treatments
- Boat hire and excursions
- Private jets
Once you reach your destination, our local Concierge will be on hand to offer any further advice or assistance.
View holiday Booking Conditions