In this section...
- Stylish contemporary house
- On the edge of Spartachori village
- Stunning sea views
- Tavernas/mini-markets 2-minute walk
- Beach 5-minute drive
We know that many Simpson travellers appreciate the combination of comfortable, contemporary accommodation with a traditional village setting, and Casa di Maura fits this bill perfectly. Set high on the cliffs above Spilia Bay, the villa also has spectacular sea views over Skorpios Island, Lefkada and mainland Greece.
The villa is perched on the edge of Spartachori village, which in turn curls around a picturesque natural harbour. A little grander than its neighbours, with a private infinity pool in prime position overlooking the bay, Casa di Maura is nonetheless very much part of the village, a Greek island classic of white-washed houses, flower-filled courtyards and bright blue views. You can wander the narrow streets and enjoy a car-free evening out with a carafe or two of wine in one of the local tavernas, or visit the market for some fresh local produce. There’s a stylish outdoor lounge area by the pool for breakfast in the shade or drinks before dinner, and three of the four bedrooms open directly onto a further large terrace above.
Meganissi is small so nothing is ever too far away. The closest beaches are just five minutes by car, and Vathy village and harbour, used by both leisure craft and working fishing boats, is reachable in ten. For a change of pace, boats to Lefkada sail from the port of Spilia, just a couple of minutes’ drive.
- 4 bedroom house (sleeps 2-6)
Lower ground floor
- Separate entrance
- Single bedroom with en-suite shower room
- Fridge, microwave
- Master double bedroom with doors leading onto the pool terrace
- Double bedroom with doors leading onto the pool terrace
- Twin bedroom with doors leading onto the pool terrace
- Two shower rooms
- Open-plan living/dining/kitchen area with TV (English speaking news channels); leads out to dining terrace
- Kitchen includes oven, hob, microwave, fridge-freezer, dishwasher
- Shower room
- Air-conditioned throughout
- Iron, ironing board, hairdryer, pool and bath towels provided
- Use of an adjoining barbecue
- Private swimming pool 7m x 2.8m (depth 1m – 1.8m)
- All properties with wifi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails*
* We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes due to factors beyond our control reliability can be affected.
National tourist licence (EOT): 0831K10000502201
- Tavernas/mini-markets 2min walk
- Beach 5min drive
- Vathy 10min drive
- Transfer Preveza airport to Meganissi by taxi or minibus and sea taxi or ferry (depending on the mode of transport and the departure port, the journey will take about 1hr 30mins)
Based on the number of people travelling, the following hire car(s) are included in the package price of your holiday:
- 2-3 guests – 1 Group C, VW Polo or similar*
- 4-5 guests – 1 Group D, Nissan Tiida or similar*
- 6 guests – 2 Group C, VW Polo or similar*
* All our cars include comprehensive insurance with no excess charge. For this particular destination, the undercarriage, tyres, wing mirrors and windscreen are not included in the cover.
Group C – 1.4 litre engine, 1 large and 1 small suitcase*
Group D – 1.6 litre engine, 1 large and 2 medium suitcases*
The following cars are available as alternatives on request (supplements apply). Please call our travel specialists for details.
Group F – Automatic Opel Astra or similar, 1.6 litre engine, 1 large and 2 medium suitcases*
Group K – Opel Zafira or similar, 1.8 litre engine, no suitcases with full occupancy*
Group L – Opel Vivaro or similar, 2.0 litre engine, 6 medium suitcases*
Group M – Nissan Qashqai SUV 2WD or similar, 2.0 litre engine, 2 large and 2 medium suitcases*
* Suitcase sizes are based on a large suitcase being approximately 75cm x 41cm x 31cm, a medium suitcase of approximately 65cm x 46cm x 29cm and a small suitcase of 55cm x 40cm x 20cm.
Great all round holiday! Would recommend to anyone.
Mr Yates – September 2017
We had the perfect family holiday at Casa di Maura. A wonderful combination of boats, large and small, kayaking, tavernas and lazy days by the pool. Rebecca, the lovely rep, was fantastic at organising our excursions, and the villa's owners bought us a home-baked cake on our first morning.
Mrs Clarke – August 2016
Quite simply the best holiday we've ever been on, in a beautiful villa in a stunning location. We were made to feel so welcome right from the outset and we'd love to do it all again next year.
Mr Furness – May 2016
Our choice of Greek properties is as diverse as the islands themelves, ranging from simple seaside charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal. To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
Local life potters along as it’s done for centuries and there are no bustling resorts on Meganissi, just three flower-filled villages – and yet you’ll still see luxury yachts moored in the harbours. Warmly welcoming, this island is also beautifully unspoilt; its coastline dotted with gleaming white beaches, some accessible only by boat or kayak. Inland, the rolling hills make for wonderful walking country, with shady pine forests and spectacular blue seas beyond.
To complete the picture, we offer a selection of handpicked luxury villas on Meganissi and an exclusive four-suite boutique hotel, set on its own private peninsula.
View holiday Booking Conditions