In this section...
- Simpson Exclusive
- Stylish contemporary villa
- Stunning sea views
- Steps down to water's edge
Saffron is a stylishly contemporary villa, set enviably close to the shore with superb views towards Lefkada. The house sits so close to the sea that it seems to almost to float above the water. The architect has taken full advantage of this spectacular location, incorporating large picture windows into the living areas and a private balcony or terrace for each of the bedrooms.
The villa is superbly equipped with everything from wifi to a mini gym, with direct access to the sea down some steps just 50 metres from the house. The beach and the tiny port of Spilia are 500m and 1500m away respectively.
Saffron shares this magnificent position with Mimosa and is fractionally closer to the sea than its neighbour. Both properties are independent of one another and each maintains its own privacy, but they may be rented together for a larger party if required.
- 3 bedroom villa (sleeps 2-6)
- Open-plan living/kitchen area with TV (English speaking news channels), DVD player
- Kitchen includes breakfast bar, full oven, fridge-freezer, microwave, dishwasher, washing machine
- Leads out onto the pool terrace
Upper ground floor
- Twin bedroom with en-suite shower room
- Private terrace
- Double bedroom with en-suite shower room
- Private balcony
- Double bedroom with en-suite shower room
- Private balcony with sea views
- Complimentary wifi
- Air-conditioned throughout
- Fitness suite with shower room
- Iron, ironing board, hairdryer, pool and bath towels provided
- Outdoor dining area
- Private swimming pool 10m x 5m (depth 0.90m - 1.75m)
- All properties with wifi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails*
* We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes due to factors beyond our control reliability can be affected.
National tourist licence (EOT): 0831Κ91000330301
- Beach 10min walk
- Tavernas/shops 10min drive
- Vathy 15min drive
- Transfer Preveza airport to Meganissi by taxi or minibus and sea taxi or ferry (depending on the mode of transport and the departure port, the journey will take about 1hr 30mins)
Based on the number of people travelling, the following hire car(s) are included in the package price of your holiday:
- 2-3 guests – 1 Group C, VW Polo or similar*
- 4-5 guests – 1 Group D, Nissan Tiida or similar*
- 6 guests – 2 Group C, VW Polo or similar*
* All our cars include comprehensive insurance with no excess charge. For this particular destination, the undercarriage, tyres, wing mirrors and windscreen are not included in the cover.
Group C – 1.4 litre engine, 1 large and 1 small suitcase*
Group D – 1.6 litre engine, 1 large and 2 medium suitcases*
The following cars are available as alternatives on request (supplements apply). Please call our travel specialists for details.
Group F – Automatic Opel Astra or similar, 1.6 litre engine, 1 large and 2 medium suitcases*
Group K – Opel Zafira or similar, 1.8 litre engine, no suitcases with full occupancy*
Group L – Opel Vivaro or similar, 2.0 litre engine, 6 medium suitcases*
Group M – Nissan Qashqai SUV 2WD or similar, 2.0 litre engine, 2 large and 2 medium suitcases*
* Suitcase sizes are based on a large suitcase being approximately 75cm x 41cm x 31cm, a medium suitcase of approximately 65cm x 46cm x 29cm and a small suitcase of 55cm x 40cm x 20cm.
We were really impressed with the whole Simpson travel experience, from first booking, to the way things were sorted out for us before we went, such as car and boat hire, to the fantastic welcome hamper (which had everything we could have wanted), to the way we were looked after on the island and the way any problems were sorted out - we had electric problems which were quickly and efficiently dealt with. I would particularly like to mention Rebecca Telford who was exceptional - she was always available and helpful with everything from offering to book tables for us to sorting out the air con problems. Thank you Simpson Travel for a memorable holiday - we will certainly be booking with you again.
Mrs Waring – August 2017
Lovely stay in Meganissi. The villa is fabulous and the owners are friendly , helpful but allow you privacy. It is still the best villa we have ever stayed in. We really appreciated being so well looked after with discreet cleaning and towel changes and an exceptional welcome hamper. The coast nearby offers amazing swimming . Rebecca is very friendly and helpful and sorts out problems very promptly.
Mrs Dewar – August 2017
Yet another lovely holiday with Simpson. As the Meganissi representative, Rebecca Telford is outstanding. Saffron is an exceptional villa on a beautiful unspoilt island. The views are breathtaking. We have already taken an option on 2 weeks next year! Thank you.
Susie and Jonathan Pyper – July 2017
Thoroughly recommend Simpson Travel for a holiday. From start to finish, we feel we are in good hands and our interests and expectations are always satisfied. Would not hesitate to rebook. Thank you.
Mrs Wooley – July 2016
Re-booked for next year which says it all
Mr Farrer – August 2014
Villa Saffron and the island of Meganissi were both a dream holiday location. The villa is wonderfully appointed and in a fantastic location. Meganissi itself is peaceful and largely unspoilt, its inhabitants friendly and welcoming and there is a lovely atmosphere in the various restaurants and bars of Spillia and Vathy. The transfers are both painless and exciting and Simpson Travel are a superb company to travel with. The local representative, Rebecca, could not have made us more welcome. We would recommend Saffron, Meganissi and Simpson Travel without reservation. The Mosley family.
Mrs Mosley – July 2014
Our choice of Greek properties is as diverse as the islands themselves, ranging from simple seaside charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal. To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
Local life potters along as it’s done for centuries and there are no bustling resorts on Meganissi, just three flower-filled villages – and yet you’ll still see luxury yachts moored in the harbours. Warmly welcoming, this island is also beautifully unspoilt; its coastline dotted with gleaming white beaches, some accessible only by boat or kayak. Inland, the rolling hills make for wonderful walking country, with shady pine forests and spectacular blue seas beyond.
To complete the picture, we offer a selection of handpicked luxury villas in Meganissi to help you make the most of this exclusive island.
Every Simpson Exclusive Villa includes our complimentary Concierge Service, designed to make your holiday experience as relaxing and seamless as possible.
Before you leave the UK, our dedicated Pre-departure Team will help you plan the details of your holiday, from the logistics of your journey to your own personal requirements. Drawing on our experience and extensive local knowledge, we are able to accommodate any feasible request.
As a minimum, we can arrange:
- UK airport hotels and parking
- UK airport lounge access
- Private chef service
- Grocery shopping and delivery
- Celebrations and anniversaries
- Restaurant recommendations and reservations
- In-villa massage and beauty treatments
- Boat hire and excursions
- Private jets
Once you arrive at your villa, our local Concierge will be available throughout your holiday for any further advice or assistance.
View holiday Booking Conditions