In this section...
- Simpson Exclusive
- Stylish contemporary villa
- Stunning sea views
- Steps down to water's edge
What a delightful surprise to discover this stylishly contemporary villa on sleepy Meganissi, an island better known for its traditional architecture and serene natural beauty. Yet somehow the house looks completely at home in these surroundings, built over three floors to maximise the sweeping sea, mountain and countryside views.
The pool is generously sized for a private villa, but should you prefer a dip in the unbelievably blue Ionian Sea, there is direct access to the water just 50m from the villa via some steps. There is nothing around to disturb the peace and majesty of this spot, but for a change of scene, the beach and the tiny port of Spilia are 500m and 1,500m away respectively.
Mimosa shares this magnificent position with Saffron. Both properties are independent of one another and each maintains its own privacy, but they may be rented together for a larger party if required.
- 3 bedroom villa (sleeps 2-6)
- Open-plan living/kitchen area with TV (English speaking news channels), DVD player
- Kitchen includes breakfast bar, full oven, microwave, fridge-freezer, dishwasher, washing machine
- Leads out onto the pool terrace
Upper ground floor
- Twin bedroom with en-suite shower room
- Private terrace
- Double bedroom with en-suite shower room
- Private balcony
- Double bedroom with en-suite shower room
- Private balcony with sea views
- Complimentary wifi
- Air-conditioned throughout
- Fitness suite with shower room
- Iron, ironing board, hairdryer, pool and bath towels provided
- Outdoor dining area
- Private swimming pool 10m x 5m (depth 0.90m – 1.75m)
- All properties with wifi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails*
* We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes due to factors beyond our control reliability can be affected.
National tourist licence (EOT): 0831Κ91000330301
- Beach 10min walk
- Tavernas/shops 10min drive
- Vathy 15min drive
- Transfer Preveza airport to Meganissi by taxi or minibus and sea taxi or ferry (depending on the mode of transport and the departure port, the journey will take about 1hr 30min)
Based on the number of people travelling, the following hire car(s) are included in the package price of your holiday:
- 2-3 guests – 1 Group C, Citroen C3 or similar*
- 4-5 guests – 1 Group D, Nissan Note or similar*
- 6 guests – 2 Group C, Citroën C3 or similar*
* All our cars include comprehensive insurance with zero excess. For this particular destination, the undercarriage tyres and windscreen are not included in the cover.
Group C – 1.4 litre engine, 1 large and 1 small suitcase*
Group D – 1.6 litre engine, 1 large and 2 medium suitcases*
The following cars are available as alternatives on request (supplements apply). Please call our travel specialists for details.
Group E – Fiat Tipo or similar, 2.0 litre engine, 2 large suitcases & 1 small suitcase*
Group F – Automatic Opel Astra or similar, 1.6 litre engine, 1 large and 2 medium suitcases*
* Suitcase sizes are based on a large suitcase being approximately 75cm x 41cm x 31cm, a medium suitcase of approximately 65cm x 46cm x 29cm and a small suitcase of 55cm x 40cm x 20cm.
The owners/hosts of Mimosa were wonderful, charming, engaging and were beyond anything that we could have expected. There is not one thing we would change and can't wait to get back there. The villa, the island, the people...if there is a heaven, it would be damn close to this place.
Robert – September 2018
If you want the very best service and superb villas to choose from then Simpson Travel would be my first port of call. The staff in resort and at the airports are of the highest calibre and willing to go that extra mile for you with any last-minute changes of plan. The villas are of an excellent standard and I can’t wait for my next holiday. Thanks to all at Simpson Travel.
Clare – September 2018
As always, a good experience. Lovely villa and journey so easy and smooth as the reps look after everything; guided us to the water taxi and met at the other end.
Ms Dunne – September 2017
We loved our holiday. The Simpson Travel team were wonderful. A special thank you to Rebecca who has great enthusiasm for and knowledge of Meganissi. The villa owners, Thanassis and Sofia Spyros, were most welcoming and extremely generous.
Mr Neal – May 2017
We stumbled across the Island of Meganissi and travelled there without prior knowledge! What a fantastic surprise! Beautiful island without crowds, great restaurants where you always get a table without a reservation, small secluded beaches where at times you are the only people on them. If you want a holiday without the crowds, then Meganissi is the place to go.
Mr Goodwin – July 2016
Very satisfactory experience with our holiday in Meganissi.
Mr Shadrake – June 2016
A great holiday on a fantastic island. Meganissi is a gem in the Ionian Sea....a small island with friendly, helpful people who are keen to help you enjoy your holiday. Mimosa was fantastic. Great accommodation, great views and terrific support from the Simpson Travel team. Here's to next year!
Mrs Simpson – May 2016
We had a wonderful week at Mimosa which is set in lovely quiet surroundings with the most stunning outlook across the sea to the beautiful hills of Lefkada. It was very relaxing holiday spent by the gorgeous infinity pool and using the car to explore various beaches around Meganissi. The villa owners and our Simpson Travel representative were great and always available if required. Thank you to all.
Mrs Ashby – May 2016
Wonderful week in a beautiful villa – stunning views. Spent most of our time around the pool – so lovely to have all the different terraces to sit on.
Mr Dale – June 2015
Thank you to all for a truly wonderful holiday. The villa far exceeded our expectations with its quiet location and stunning views and Meganissi was the perfect mix of gentle bustle and complete rest and relaxation. Amazing that in the height of the summer season in the Mediterranean this laidback quiet place exists. We even had a beach all to ourselves one morning, which was a privilege.
The Wickens Family – August 2014
A glorious week of sunshine on a beautiful island. The villa was everything that we hoped it would be and we managed to explore the island by land and sea.
The Tucker Family – July 2014
Mimosa was a beautiful villa in a stunning location with a very helpful and efficient representative service from Simpson Travel. Meganissi is a completely unspoiled island offering total relaxation. Heaven!
Mr Brockwell – June 2014
Our first visit to Meganissi and to Mimosa. Both the Island and the villa were a delight. Even though our flight arrived late, there was a taxi on standby to take us to the port where a sea taxi was standing by for the final leg of the journey making for a very easy transfer. The villa itself is ideally located and in a very peaceful setting. Both the owner and the housekeeper were attentive and the local representative was very knowledgeable and helpful about the Island. Certainly a villa to consider a return visit to.
Mr and Mrs Thornton – June 2014
Our choice of Greek properties is as diverse as the islands themselves, ranging from simple seaside charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal. To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
Local life potters along as it’s done for centuries and there are no bustling resorts on Meganissi, just three flower-filled villages – and yet you’ll still see luxury yachts moored in the harbours. Warmly welcoming, this island is also beautifully unspoilt; its coastline dotted with gleaming white beaches, some accessible only by boat or kayak. Inland, the rolling hills make for wonderful walking country, with shady pine forests and spectacular blue seas beyond.
Every Simpson Exclusive Villa includes our complimentary Concierge Service, designed to make your holiday experience as relaxing and seamless as possible.
Before you leave the UK, our dedicated Pre-departure Team will help you plan the details of your holiday, from the logistics of your journey to your own personal requirements. Drawing on our experience and extensive local knowledge, we are able to accommodate any feasible request.
As a minimum, we can arrange:
- UK airport hotels and parking
- UK airport lounge access
- Private chef service
- Grocery shopping and delivery
- Celebrations and anniversaries
- Restaurant recommendations and reservations
- In-villa massage and beauty treatments
- Boat hire and excursions
- Private jets
Once you arrive at your villa, our local Concierge will be available throughout your holiday for any further advice or assistance.
View holiday Booking Conditions