In this section...
- Simpson Exclusive
- Beautifully positioned villa
- Direct beach access
- Private mooring
- Stunning sea views
- Walking distance to Vathy and tavernas
A villa with a pool is one thing, but when you find one that also has its own private mooring and direct access to a pretty little beach, you know you’re onto something exceptional.
Balos Bay Villa is discreetly chic, with three tasteful en-suite bedrooms and a magnificent master bedroom with its own balcony and incredible views. All the outdoor spaces face directly out to sea, jewel-bright by day, then fading from silver into indigo and black as the warm evening beckons you to the terrace for a pre-dinner drink. It’s the perfect spot for a family meal, a game of cards and relaxed time with those you care about, and if no one feels like cooking, the tavernas of Vathy harbour are an easy 20-minute walk away. For a couple looking for a quietly luxurious honeymoon, Balos Bay promises to make any bride and groom feel very spoiled.
Meganissi is significantly less well-known than the other Ionian islands, with its own unique blend of sophisticated accommodation and laid-back charm. Pottering about in a rented boat is the classic holiday pastime here, and with your own mooring and private sun terrace literally at the bottom of the garden, it really couldn’t be easier. If you’re just in the mood for a few hours on the beach however, you don’t even need to leave dry land thanks to the lovely shingle cove directly below your villa.
- 4 bedroom villa (sleeps 2-8)
- Split-level living/dining/kitchen area with fireplace and Satellite TV, DVD/CD player, Bluetooth speaker
- Kitchen with breakfast bar includes electric hob, oven, fridge-freezer, dishwasher
- Master bedroom (above living area) with en-suite shower room and WC, sliding doors to private balcony
- 2 double bedrooms with en-suite shower rooms
- Kitchen/living area
- Double bed
- Shower room
- Complimentary WiFi
- Iron, ironing board, hairdryer, bath and pool towels provided
- All double beds 200cm x 160cm
- Paths all around property (floodlit at night)
- Barbecue and stone oven
- 56 steps down to bathing platform/jetty for mooring
- 62 steps down to private beach
- Private swimming pool 9.9m x 3.9m (depth 1m – 1.7m)
- All properties with WiFi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails*
* We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes due to factors beyond our control reliability can be affected.
- Private beach 2min downhill walk
- Shops/restaurants (Vathy) 20min walk or 4min drive
- Fanari Beach 10min drive
- Spartochori 15min drive
- Transfer Preveza airport to Meganissi by taxi or minibus and sea taxi or ferry (depending on the mode of transport and the departure port, the journey will take about 1hr 30mins)
Based on the number of people travelling, the following hire car(s) are included in the package price of your holiday:
- 2-3 guests – 1 Group C, VW Polo or similar*
- 4-5 guests – 1 Group D, Nissan Tiida or similar*
- 6 guests – 2 Group C, VW Polo or similar*
- 7 guests – 1 Group C, VW Polo, and 1 Group D, Nissan Tilda, or similar*
- 8 guests – 2 Group D, Nissan Tiida or similar*
* All our cars include comprehensive insurance with zero excess. For this particular destination, the undercarriage tyres and windscreen are not included in the cover.
Group C – 1.4 litre engine, 1 large and 1 small suitcase*
Group D – 1.6 litre engine, 1 large and 2 medium suitcases*
The following cars are available as alternatives on request (supplements apply). Please call our travel specialists for details.
Group F – Automatic Opel Astra or similar, 1.6 litre engine, 1 large and 2 medium suitcases*
Group K – Opel Zafira or similar, 1.8 litre engine, no suitcases with full occupancy*
Group L – Opel Vivaro or similar, 2.0 litre engine, 6 medium suitcases*
* Suitcase sizes are based on a large suitcase being approximately 75cm x 41cm x 31cm, a medium suitcase of approximately 65cm x 46cm x 29cm and a small suitcase of 55cm x 40cm x 20cm.
Our choice of Greek properties is as diverse as the islands themselves, ranging from simple seaside charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal. To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
Local life potters along as it’s done for centuries and there are no bustling resorts on Meganissi, just three flower-filled villages – and yet you’ll still see luxury yachts moored in the harbours. Warmly welcoming, this island is also beautifully unspoilt; its coastline dotted with gleaming white beaches, some accessible only by boat or kayak. Inland, the rolling hills make for wonderful walking country, with shady pine forests and spectacular blue seas beyond.
To complete the picture, we offer a selection of handpicked luxury villas in Meganissi to help you make the most of this exclusive island.
Every Simpson Exclusive Villa includes our complimentary Concierge Service, designed to make your holiday experience as relaxing and seamless as possible.
Before you leave the UK, our dedicated Pre-departure Team will help you plan the details of your holiday, from the logistics of your journey to your own personal requirements. Drawing on our experience and extensive local knowledge, we are able to accommodate any feasible request.
As a minimum, we can arrange:
- UK airport hotels and parking
- UK airport lounge access
- Private chef service
- Grocery shopping and delivery
- Celebrations and anniversaries
- Restaurant recommendations and reservations
- In-villa massage and beauty treatments
- Boat hire and excursions
- Private jets
Once you arrive at your villa, our local Concierge will be available throughout your holiday for any further advice or assistance.
View holiday Booking Conditions