In this section...
- Adult Only Simpson Hotel
- Five independent 1 and 2-bedroom houses
- Private terraces and pools (most are heated)
- Daily breakfast and lunch or dinner included
- Access to Arkoudaki and Orkos beaches
- Beautiful gardens and grounds
Discreet, sophisticated and unashamedly luxurious, our Thymari Hotel is a one-off, striking the perfect balance between elegance and blissful informality. It’s the vision of Federico Spinola, the Italian owner whose impeccable taste and astonishing eye for the aesthetic are woven into every detail, and we couldn’t be happier to be sharing it with you. This exclusive Paxiot gem offers guests a chance to enjoy all the benefits of their own luxury villa and private pool, complemented by the generous hospitality of a small high-end boutique hotel.
Set on the hillside above the tranquil north east coastline, just around the headland from Lakka, the expansive grounds are beautifully maintained, with numerous little pathways meandering down through the communal gardens to the sea. Six beautifully restored stone houses, are dotted harmoniously amongst this fragrant Mediterranean landscape and the estate has been sympathetically renovated to preserve the island’s natural beauty, whether viewed from land or sea. At the heart of the hotel, the main house is a treasure trove of beautiful antiques, Indian furnishings, modern art and unique collectables; candlelit at night, it’s an enticing setting for an aperitif and a browse through one of the books from the hotel library. Outside, meals are enjoyed on the elegant terrace with mesmerising views across the sea to the Greek mainland and there’s an equally appealing option for dining overlooking the shared freeform swimming pool, thanks to a magical canvas gazebo bedecked with stars.
Inkeeping with the serenity of the spot, the hotel's five individually styled houses are attractively spaced within the gardens, offering plenty of privacy. The perfect venue for a romantic getaway or a relaxed break with friends, each house has either one or two bedrooms, an independent living area, kitchenette, terrace and private pool – most of which are heated. Some houses even have indulgent outdoor bathrooms reminiscent of those you might find in the tropics. Everything here speaks of quality, from the bespoke linen sheets unique to each villa, to the exquisite crockery and glassware that ensures mealtimes are a spectacular feast for all the senses.
A leisurely stroll through the gardens leads to one of two idyllic beaches, Arkoudaki or Orkos; both perfectly unspoilt, with brilliant white pebbles and translucent water. When you’re feeling lazy, the staff will even run you up or down through the grounds in one of the electric club cars, though the final descent to the sea is via steps and must be undertaken on foot.
The hotel is superbly managed by the charming Dora, formerly of Waterside House. Her understanding of the quietly attentive service that lifts a holiday to another level of enjoyment is second to none and she is available throughout the day to ensure guests have everything needed for a superlative stay; also arranging yoga, fitness instruction, massage and beauty treatments on request. Exquisite breakfasts and a choice of lunch or dinner are included each day at Thymari, lovingly prepared by the hotel chef who respectfully asks for 24 hours’ notice of your preference for a daytime or evening meal.
Lakka is a delightful 20-minute stroll through the olive groves (though it may take a little longer for the uphill return!) but nothing in Paxos is ever far away and the flexibility of dining options at Thymari make a day out exploring or an evening at one of the island’s waterfront tavernas an enjoyable part of any stay. But if you’re as bewitched by it as we are, the challenge will be to tear yourself away. We’ve fallen in love with it – we think you’ll feel the same!
Please note: In July and August, Thymari Hotel is sold as a private residence, reserved for large groups seeking an exclusive island escape. For more information, please visit The Thymari Estate.
- Five independent 1 and 2 bedroom villas
- For details and images of individual villas please open the Houses tab
- Valentino’s House – 1-bedroom villa (sleeps 2)
- Akis House – 2-bedroom villa (sleeps 2-4)
- Iva’s House – 1-bedroom villa (sleeps 2)
- Nikos Vergos House – 2-bedroom villa (sleeps 2-4)
- Varvara’s House – 2-bedroom villa (sleeps 2-4)
- All villas with private pools
- Heated pools (except Varvara’s House)
Afroditi's House (main building)
- Sitting room
- Dining room
- Large terrace
- 2 freeform bathing pools approx. 3m x 11m and 2.5m x 6m
- Pool terrace
General accommodation details
- Concierge service
- Complimentary WiFi
- Air conditioning
- Daily cleaning
- Breakfast included and served daily 8.30-10.30am
- Chef included
- Choice of lunch or dinner daily (chef requires 24 hours' notice)
- Tea, coffee, milk and water provided in each villa on arrival
- Korres bathroom products and bathrobes in each villa
- Simpson Travel pool towels
- Laundry service available (payable locally)
- Beauty treatments, fitness instruction and yoga can be arranged, subject to availability (payable locally)
- Beach access is unsuitable for guests with reduced mobility due to unmade paths and steps
- In Greece, a nominal visitor tax applies, known as the Overnight Stay Tax, which varies depending on the accommodation. During your stay at Thymari, €0.50 per night per room must be paid locally in cash and will be collected either by the property owner or our local representative on their behalf.
- All properties with WiFi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails. We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes, due to factors beyond our control, reliability can be affected.
National tourist licence (EOT): 0829k10000478901
- Corfu airport to Corfu port is either by taxi, minibus or bus 10min
- Waiting time at Corfu port is usually between 1hr to 2hrs at the port café where there is an area to store luggage
- Corfu port to Paxos port is by hydrofoil, sea taxi or ferry and depending on the mode of transport the journey will take between 1hr 10mins to 2hrs 15mins
- Arkoudaki beach (8min walk downhill)
- Orkos beach 15min walk (downhill)
- Lakka 20min walk (downhill)
- Loggos 10min drive
- Gaios 15min drive
Based on the number of people travelling, the following hire car(s) are included in the package price of your holiday:
- 2-3 guests – 1 Group B, Fiat Punto or similar*
- 4 guests – 1 Group C, Grande Punto or similar*
* All our cars include comprehensive insurance with no excess charge. For this particular destination, the undercarriage, tyres, wing mirrors and windscreen are not included in the cover.
Group B – 1.2-1.3 litre engine, 1 large suitcase*
Group C – Grande Punto or similar, 1.3-1.4 litre engine, 3 medium suitcases*
The following cars are available as alternatives on request (supplements apply). Please call our travel specialists for details.
Group D – Dacia Sandero Step Way or similar, 1.4 litre engine, 3 medium suitcases*
Group I – Suzuki Grand Vitara 7 seater or similar, 2.8 litre engine, 2 medium suitcases*
Group G – Cabrio Fiat 500 or similar, 1.2 litre engine, 1 large suitcase*
Group J – Automatic car or similar, 1.2-1.3 litre engine, 3 medium suitcases*.
Group K – Fiat Doblo A/C 7 seater or similar, 1.5-2.0 litre engine, 2 medium suitcases*
* Suitcase sizes are based on a large suitcase being approximately 75cm x 41cm x 31cm, a medium suitcase of approximately 65cm x 46cm x 29cm and a small suitcase of 55cm x 40cm x 20cm.
Our choice of Greek properties is as diverse as the islands themselves, ranging from simple seaside charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal. To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
There are few better ways of relaxing than on a luxury holiday in Paxos, where days fill up beautifully with sunbathing, swimming, snorkelling and dining in style, the sea just metres from your table. Amble through ancient olive groves and you’ll catch glimpses of startlingly turquoise bays, the dramatic west-coast cliffs or the Epiros Mountains. In spring, there’s also a haze of purple honesty, wild irises and lilies and a sky that’s alive with birdlife, from hawks to skylarks.
View holiday Booking Conditions