In this section...
- Adult Only Simpson Hotel
- Five independent 1 and 2-bedroom houses
- Private terraces and pools (most are heated)
- Daily breakfast and dinner included
- Access to Arkoudaki and Orkos beaches
- Beautiful gardens and grounds
Discreet, sophisticated and unashamedly luxurious, our Thymari Hotel is a one-off, striking the perfect balance between elegance and blissful informality. It’s the vision of Federico Spinola, the Italian owner whose impeccable taste and astonishing eye for the aesthetic are woven into every detail, and we couldn’t be happier to be sharing it with you. This exclusive Paxiot gem offers guests a chance to enjoy all the benefits of their own luxury villa and private pool, complemented by the generous hospitality of a small high-end boutique hotel.
Set on the hillside above the tranquil north east coastline, just around the headland from Lakka, the expansive grounds are beautifully maintained, with numerous little pathways meandering down through the communal gardens to the sea. Six beautifully restored stone houses are dotted harmoniously amongst this fragrant Mediterranean landscape and the estate has been sympathetically renovated to preserve the island’s natural beauty, whether viewed from land or sea. At the heart of the hotel, the main house is a treasure trove of beautiful antiques, Indian furnishings, modern art and unique collectables; candlelit at night, it’s an enticing setting for an aperitif and a browse through one of the books from the hotel library. Outside, meals are enjoyed on the elegant terrace with mesmerising views across the sea to the Greek mainland and there’s an equally appealing option for dining overlooking the shared freeform swimming pool, thanks to a magical canvas gazebo bedecked with stars.
In keeping with the serenity of the spot, the hotel's five individually styled houses are attractively spaced within the gardens, offering plenty of privacy. The perfect venue for a romantic getaway or a relaxed break with friends, each house has either one or two bedrooms, an independent living area, kitchenette, terrace and private pool – most of which are heated. Some houses even have indulgent outdoor bathrooms reminiscent of those you might find in the tropics. Everything here speaks of quality, from the bespoke linen sheets unique to each villa, to the exquisite crockery and glassware that ensures mealtimes are a spectacular feast for all the senses.
Orkos and Arkoudi beaches are both within walking distance of the hotel, and you can opt to use one of the three electric club cars for part of the way, though the final descent involves an unmade rocky path and has to be made on foot. Like most Paxos beaches, the beauty here is 100% natural, and while there are no man-made facilities, shade can be found beneath the olive trees.
Anthoula is on hand throughout the day to ensure guests have everything they need for a truly memorable stay; in addition to co-ordinating meals and offering advice for daytrips, she is also happy to arrange indulgent extras such as beauty treatments, fitness instruction and yoga, subject to availability. Exquisite breakfasts and dinners are included each day at Thymari, lovingly prepared by the hotel chef who can also rustle up light lunches by prior agreement (payable locally).
There’s a pathway nearby leading down through the olive and cypress trees to the waterfront village of Lakka – a 20-minute stroll on the way there, but steep and much harder work on the return, so you may prefer to taxi it back instead. But the island’s many other highlights are all within easy striking distance; if you’re looking for somewhere to relax and enjoy the tranquillity of Paxos at its most luxurious and joyous, you couldn’t be better placed than here.
Please note: In July and August, Thymari Hotel is sold as a private residence, reserved for large groups seeking an exclusive island escape. For more information, please visit The Thymari Estate.
- Five independent 1 and 2 bedroom villas
- For details and images of individual villas please open the Houses tab
- Valentino’s House – 1-bedroom villa (sleeps 2)
- Akis House – 2-bedroom villa (sleeps 2-4)
- Iva’s House – 1-bedroom villa (sleeps 2)
- Nikos Vergos House – 2-bedroom villa (sleeps 2-4)
- Varvara’s House – 2-bedroom villa (sleeps 2-4)
- All villas with private pools
- Heated pools (except Varvara’s House) - heated from 1 May to 19 June and 18 September to 23 October
Afroditi's House (main building)
- Sitting room
- Dining room
- Large terrace
- 2 freeform bathing pools approx. 3m x 11m and 2.5m x 6m
- Pool terrace
General accommodation details
- Concierge service
- Complimentary WiFi
- Air conditioning
- Daily cleaning
- Breakfast and dinner included
- Light meals/snacks available at lunchtime on request, payable locally
- Tea, coffee, milk and water provided in each villa on arrival
- Korres bathroom products and bathrobes in each villa
- Simpson Travel pool towels
- Complimentary use of one paddleboard per villa
- Laundry service available (payable locally)
- Beauty treatments, fitness instruction and yoga can be arranged, subject to availability (payable locally)
- Beach access is unsuitable for guests with reduced mobility due to unmade paths and steps
- In Greece, a nominal visitor tax applies, known as the Overnight Stay Tax, which varies depending on the accommodation. During your stay at Thymari, €0.50 per night per room must be paid locally in cash and will be collected either by the property owner or our local representative on their behalf.
- Our Covid-19 pledge means your holiday is fully protected. However, there may be special conditions surrounding flexible booking at this property. For further details, please visit: /covid-pledge-flexible-booking
- All properties with WiFi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails. We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes, due to factors beyond our control, reliability can be affected.
National tourist licence (EOT): 0829k10000478901
- Corfu airport to Corfu port is either by taxi, minibus or bus 10min
- Waiting time at Corfu port is usually between 1hr to 2hrs at the port café where there is an area to store luggage
- Corfu port to Paxos port is by hydrofoil, sea taxi or ferry and depending on the mode of transport the journey will take between 1hr 10mins to 2hrs 15mins
- Arkoudaki beach (8min walk downhill)
- Orkos beach 15min walk (downhill)
- Lakka 20min walk (downhill)
- Loggos 10min drive
- Gaios 15min drive
Based on the number of people travelling, the following hire car(s) are included in the package price of your holiday:
- 2-3 guests – 1 Group B, Fiat Punto or similar*
- 4 guests – 1 Group C, Grande Punto or similar*
* All our cars include comprehensive insurance with no excess charge. For this particular destination, the undercarriage, tyres, wing mirrors and windscreen are not included in the cover.
Group B – 1.2-1.3 litre engine, 1 large suitcase*
Group C – Grande Punto or similar, 1.3-1.4 litre engine, 3 medium suitcases*
The following cars are available as alternatives on request (supplements apply). Please call our travel specialists for details.
Group D – Dacia Sandero Step Way or similar, 1.4 litre engine, 3 medium suitcases*
Group D1 – Automatic Dacia Sandero Step Way or similar, 1.4 litre engine, 3 medium suitcases*
Group I – Suzuki Grand Vitara 7 seater or similar, 2.8 litre engine, 2 medium suitcases*
Group G – Cabrio Fiat 500 or similar, 1.2 litre engine, 1 large suitcase*
Group J – Automatic car or similar, 1.2-1.3 litre engine, 3 medium suitcases*.
Group K – Fiat Doblo A/C 7 seater or similar, 1.5-2.0 litre engine, 2 medium suitcases*
* Suitcase sizes are based on a large suitcase being approximately 75cm x 41cm x 31cm, a medium suitcase of approximately 65cm x 46cm x 29cm and a small suitcase of 55cm x 40cm x 20cm.
Fifth Simpson holiday, as usual faultless service and an amazing hotel off the beaten track, we hope to return again
John Henry, October 2022
The manager where we were staying was excellent. All the staff were very kind and helpful
Peter Lang, October 2022
We had a wonderful holiday staying at the Thymari Hotel ....it is quite simply outstanding! All the staff were friendly helpful & professional. Nothing was too much trouble always polite & considerate. They created a wonderfully relaxed atmosphere & looked after us v well. They were a slick well coordinated team.
Angela Palmer, October 2022
Delightful place to stay! So quiet, clean, friendly, charming waiting staff and cleaners, amazing food and drinks, nothing too much trouble. Pool clean and large and lovely to swim in despite not being heated. Getting to and from was so carefully organised by Simpson staff at every stage of travel so that all anxieties were removed as we were seamlessly guided from one place to another.
Megan Serjeant, September 2022
Perfect stay and holiday! Wonderful staff and delicious food. Thank you!
Jayne Kerton, August 2022
Thymari is a bit like an oasis within a paradise. It’s basically the equivalent of having your own private villa with all the benefits of a small hotel. My wife and I had Nikos Vergos…a well equipped villa for 4 but perfect for 2. The infinity pool was just divine, fabulous temperature with wonderful views. If you want a quiet and relaxed break this is the place as it’s off the beaten track…..be prepared to get lost first time and don’t hire a big car as the tracks towards the end are small…and pray another car isn’t coming the other way! However it’s only a 10-15 minute walk down to Lakka, which must rank as one of the finest natural coves I’ve ever seen in Greece. We walked down most mornings for a coffee by the waters edge looking at all the yachts and boats. Be warned though, it’s a steep climb back up in the hot sun. The food, a set menu every night, is excellently cooked and ridiculously, if not embarrassingly plentiful. The staff are friendly and polite, the room meticulously cleaned every day by the wonderful Lola.
David Kelly, June 2022
The Thymari Hotel is just like a beautiful home furnished with antiques and collections of art. We loved the wonderful breakfasts and evening meals served in the dining area over looking the bay. The staff were professional but always friendly and helpful. For us a ten out of ten!
Victoria Clinch, May 2022
We wanted a holiday for complete respite from our busy lives and Thymari delivered 100%! The villas are incredibly private, the pool and accommodation were wonderful. The staff were all very friendly and looked after us very well.
Melanie Dowling, May 2022
Thymari Hotel is a very special place. Overall the holiday was everything we could have hoped for and more. Top marks to Simpson Travel. We will certainly be back.
William McCleary, May 2022
Our choice of Greek properties is as diverse as the islands themselves, ranging from simple seaside charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal. To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
There are few better ways of relaxing than on a luxury holiday in Paxos, where days fill up beautifully with sunbathing, swimming, snorkelling and dining in style, the sea just metres from your table. Amble through ancient olive groves and you’ll catch glimpses of startlingly turquoise bays, the dramatic west-coast cliffs or the Epiros Mountains. In spring, there’s also a haze of purple honesty, wild irises and lilies and a sky that’s alive with birdlife, from hawks to skylarks.
BookingMultiple.mustache file to be converted
View holiday Booking Conditions