In this section...
- Stylish contemporary house
- Light and spacious
- Delightful walled garden
- Adults only
- Beach/Gaios 8min drive
- Taverna (high season) 12min walk
Book with confidence...
Read our Covid-19 pledge to find out how you and your money are protected.
Contemporary properties are few and far between on Paxos and villas for two in equally short supply – part of what makes this intimate retreat so enchantingly unique. Together with its sister villa, The Scented Garden and The Herb Garden, The Secret Garden is the creative vision of Kostas, the owner of Purple Apricot hotel, and the location is ideal for Loggos, Gaios, and the beach that are no more than a ten-minute drive away. And yet it remains a hidden gem, 250 metres beyond the hotel and tucked away along a typical island track, with access through a grove of silvery olive trees.
However, once you pass beyond the high stone walls of cream-coloured Paxiot stone, you can forget about the world outside and relax in privacy – and a newly planted garden that’s bursting into life, with fragrant herbs and flowers. There’s also a delightful swimming pool and stylish interiors that let in an abundance of natural light. They ensure that this romantic, one-bedroom hideaway never feels anything but comfortable, very spacious and genuinely inviting.
- 1-bedroom house (sleeps 2)
- Open-plan dining/kitchen area with small sofa, TV for DVD use only
- Kitchen includes oven, electric hob, grill, fridge-freezer
- Double bedroom (180cm x 200cm bed)
- Shower room
- Adults only (18 years or older)
- Complimentary WiFi
- Iron, ironing board, hairdryer
- Simpson Travel pool towels
- Outside dining terrace
- Private freeform swimming pool (depth 1m – 1.6m)
- Parking approximately 25m from house
- All properties with WiFi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails. We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes, due to factors beyond our control, reliability can be affected.
National tourist licence (EOT): 0829K91000532901
- Corfu airport to Corfu port is either by taxi, minibus or bus 10min
- Waiting time at Corfu port is usually between 1hr to 2hrs at the port café where there is an area to store luggage
- Corfu port to Paxos port is by hydrofoil, sea taxi or ferry and depending on the mode of transport the journey will take between 1hr 10mins to 2hrs 15mins
- Local taverna (high season) 5min drive or 15min walk
- Beach 8min drive
- Gaios 8min drive
- Loggos 10min drive
Based on the number of people travelling, the following hire car(s) are included in the package price of your holiday:
- 2 guests – 1 Group B, Fiat Punto or similar*
* All our cars include comprehensive insurance with no excess charge. For this particular destination, the undercarriage, tyres, wing mirrors and windscreen are not included in the cover.
Group B – 1.2-1.3 litre engine, 1 large suitcase*
The following cars are available as alternatives on request (supplements apply). Please call our travel specialists for details.
Group C – Grande Punto or similar, 1.3-1.4 litre engine, 3 medium suitcases*
Group D – Dacia Sandero Step Way or similar, 1.4 litre engine, 3 medium suitcases*
Group I – Suzuki Grand Vitara 7 seater or similar, 2.8 litre engine, 2 medium suitcases*
Group G – Cabrio Fiat 500 or similar, 1.2 litre engine, 1 large suitcase*
Group J – Automatic car or similar, 1.2-1.3 litre engine, 3 medium suitcases*.
Group K – Fiat Doblo A/C 7 seater or similar, 1.5-2.0 litre engine, 2 medium suitcases*
* Suitcase sizes are based on a large suitcase being approximately 75cm x 41cm x 31cm, a medium suitcase of approximately 65cm x 46cm x 29cm and a small suitcase of 55cm x 40cm x 20cm.
The Secret Garden is a beautiful top quality villa and Steph and David were enormously friendly and helpful throughout our stay, in particular helping us with our onward travel arrangements.
Martin & Heidi – September 2019
This was our first holiday with Simpson Travel and we will definitely use them again. From our initial contact at the booking stage to arrival at our destination our experience was that of knowledgeable, professional and helpful staff. The only fly in the ointment was the boat transfer delay, which we accept was totally out of Simpson Travel's hands.
Mrs A Bear – August 2019
Our return visit to Paxos did not disappoint! Perfect weather, a beautiful island, friendly people with great hospitality and the gorgeous Kyparissi and Secret Garden villas. Who could ask for more!
Miss Belam – August 2019
Our first trip with Simpson Travel was exceptional; our accommodation was stylish and delightful with the most fabulous location on the island. Our reps, Steph and Dave, went above and beyond for us and the extra touches mean such a lot these days. Highly recommended! Thank you all very much.
Mr S – June 2019
We have just had an absolutely fabulous two weeks staying at The Secret Garden on the lovely island of Paxos.
Ms Murphy – September 2017
Our time spent on Paxos and in our secluded villa, was relaxing and restorative. Such a beautiful island and friendly people. Not too busy and nothing is more than a 20-minutes drive away. Olive trees, honey-stone walls, blue seas and skies, plus delicious food – the land of yoghurt (milk) and honey!
Ms Cecil – August 2016
Our choice of Greek properties is as diverse as the islands themselves, ranging from simple seaside charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal. To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
There are few better ways of relaxing than on a luxury holiday in Paxos, where days fill up beautifully with sunbathing, swimming, snorkelling and dining in style, the sea just metres from your table. Amble through ancient olive groves and you’ll catch glimpses of startlingly turquoise bays, the dramatic west-coast cliffs or the Epiros Mountains. In spring, there’s also a haze of purple honesty, wild irises and lilies and a sky that’s alive with birdlife, from hawks to skylarks.
View holiday Booking Conditions