In this section...
- Beautifully restored shepherd's bergerie
- Stunning sea and mountain views
- Private swimming pool
- Simpson family extras available
- Restaurant 5-minute walk
- Beach 10-minute drive
Holidays will be different this summer. Find out how travel is changing and what we are doing to keep you safe here.
The restoration of a traditional shepherd's bergerie has created a charming village house, retaining original features such as stone walls and vaulted ceilings. A swimming pool nestles amongst granite boulders and trees and takes advantage of wonderful sea views, whilst the other side the house enjoys mountain views across the Balagne. The village of Santa Reparata has two small restaurants as well as a hotel restaurant during the summer months, a bakery, a grocer's and a butcher's shop and U Piazzale is just five kilometres from the town centre and sandy beaches of Ile Rousse, and three kilometres from Monticello, with its well-known gastronomic restaurant. Follow your curiosity and take a stroll up into the more remote corners where time has eroded some of the ancient buildings and swifts swoop and chatter overhead. You can pick up the walking trails to Pigna from here or wend your way upwards to hilltop Sant’Antonino, which dates back to the 9th century. Both sit on the Route des Artisans with its arts and crafts workshops and array of local produce for tasting and taking home. For wine buffs, there are also two vineyards within eight miles of the villa, plus the popular Route des Vins, which passes through fashionable Lumio, a picturesque village with sandy beaches nearby and impressive views across the Golfe de Calvi. The nearest gourmet restaurant is in Salti in Regino, about a 20-minute drive away and next to a nine-hole golf course.
Stay in July and you’ll also have the pleasure of the annual Festivoce, Pigna’s international music festival, which offers a full programme of events, including concerts and performances in the streets, baroque churches, chapels and squares, all just a 15-minute drive away.
- 2 bedroom house (sleeps 2-4)
- Living room with TV, DVD and CD players, iPod dock, Bluetooth speakers, telephone (local and incoming calls)
- Kitchen/dining room with hob, oven, microwave, fridge-freezer, dishwasher, washing machine
- Garden terrace, kitchen terrace
- Small double bedroom (160 x 190cm bed) with en-suite bathroom with WC; TV
- Small twin bedroom (100 x 195cm beds) with en-suite bathroom with WC; TV
- Complimentary WiFi
- Air-conditioning throughout
- Iron, ironing board, hairdryer, pool and bath towels provided
- Charcoal barbecue (charcoal not supplied)
- Terraced grounds
- Private swimming pool 9m x 5.5m (depth 1.4m), security gate, access via steps
- Parking is not possible immediately outside the front door
- Access to the house is via 48 steps
- 1 week holidays – includes a light mid-stay clean on Wednesday (no bed linen or towel change)
- 2 week holidays – includes a light clean mid-week on Wednesday and bed linen/towel change at the end of the week
Simpson family extras
- Complimentary cot and highchair available
- Car seats and booster seats can be provided at a supplement, subject to availability
- To pre-book any of our family extras please call 020 8392 5747
- All properties with WiFi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails*
* We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes due to factors beyond our control reliability can be affected.
Villa access times
- Check-in time – 3.00pm
- Check-out time – 9.00am
- Restaurant 2-6min walk (in season) or 5-10min drive
- Beach 10min drive
- Île Rousse 10min drive
- Calvi airport 40min drive
- Bastia airport 1hr 20min drive
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
With fishermen mending their nets by the harbour, Calvi’s maritime heritage remains intact. However, the town has gained a new lease of life in the cafés and bars along Quai Landry, linking the marina and the port, with stretches of beach beyond.
Inland, the unspoilt beauty of The Balagne tells a different story of mountain wildernesses and the island's unspoilt and uniquely fragrant maquis. Follow the Route des Artisans through terracotta-tiled hilltop villages, overlooking a landscape of forests and mountains, and you’ll also find that an excellent glass of local wine is never far away.
View holiday Booking Conditions