In this section...
- Beautiful spacious penthouse
- In historic Calvi Citadel
- Stunning sea views
- Calvi harbour 10-minute walk
- Beach 15-minute walk
Calvi’s 13th-century Genoese citadel dominates the old town skyline: perched on a rocky promontory and lapped by the bright blue of the Mediterranean on three sides, it has become one of the most iconic images of the island, especially if you are lucky enough to approach from the sea.
Tucked away amongst the narrow alleyways and steep staircases that have changed little in the past few hundred years, this spacious penthouse studio apartment sits high on the citadel walls, with glorious sea views from its private terrace. Space is at a premium in such a prime location, so the terrace incorporates an ingenious built-in wooden bar where you can enjoy your morning café au lait or a chilled apéritif before heading out to explore the local restaurants. One of the other wonderful benefits of this old-town location is that there are many places to eat within walking distance, either in the citadel itself or down on the waterfront at Quai Landry below. Calvi’s stunning sandy beach is also reachable within about 15 minutes on foot.
Casa Colombu is ideal for a couple, with a large, open-plan living/sleeping area and a separate kitchen and bathroom. There are quite a few steps up to the penthouse itself and around the streets of the citadel, but the effort of getting here is well rewarded both by the uninterrupted sea views and the sense of history that comes with this special setting.
- Top floor studio apartment 60m² (sleeps 2)
- Accessed via approximately 60 steps
- Open-plan living/sleeping area (160cm bed)
- Separate fully-fitted kitchen with table and chairs
- Separate shower room
- Terrace (15m²) with bar, stools, table and chairs
- Complimentary WiFi
- Beach and bath towels provided
- Traditional Corsican breakfast (£9/person/day) available on request if pre-booked before departure (served on the terrace 7am-10am and includes coffee, orange juice, bread, variety of Corsican goat cheeses, charcuterie, pastries, croissants, pains au chocolat, brioche, pains au lait)
- All properties with WiFi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails*
* We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes due to factors beyond our control reliability can be affected.
- Check-in time – 4.00pm
- Check-out time – 9.00am
- Calvi harbour 10min walk
- Beach 15min walk
- Calvi Airport 10min drive
- Bastia airport 1hr 45min drive
Based on the number of people travelling, the following hire car(s) are included in the package price of your holiday:
- 2-3 guests – 1 Group C, Peugeot 2008 or similar*
* All our cars include comprehensive insurance with zero excess. For this particular destination, the undercarriage is not included in the cover.
Group C – 1-1.6 litre engine, 2 large and 1 small suitcase*
The following cars are available as alternatives on request (supplements apply). Please call our travel specialists for details.
Group D - Peugeot 3008 or similar, 1.1-1.6 litre engine, 3 large suitcase*
Group E – SUV Automatic Toyota CHR Hybrid or similar, 1.1-1.6 litre engine, 1 large and 2 small suitcases*
Group F – Ford Mondeo or similar, 2.0 litre engine, 2 large and 2 small suitcases*
Group G – Audi A3 Cabriolet or similar, 1.2-1.6 litre engine, 1 large suitcase*
Group H – Citroen C4 Picasso or similar, 1.1-1.6 litre engine, 2 large and 2 small suitcases*
Group J – Peugeot 308 GPS or similar, 1-1.6 litre engine, 2 large and 1 small suitcase*
Group K – Renault Grand Scenic or similar, 1.2-1.6 litre engine, 2 large suitcases*
Group L – Renault Captur Automatic or similar, 1.1-1.6 litre engine, 1 large and 1 small suitcase*
Group N – 9-seater Toyota Proace or similar, 1.2-1.6 litre engine, 1 large and 1 small suitcase*
Group X - Citroen Berlingo or similar, 1-1.6 litre engine, 3 large and 1 small suitcase*
* Suitcase sizes are based on a large suitcase being approximately 75cm x 41cm x 31cm, a medium suitcase of approximately 65cm x 46cm x 29cm and a small suitcase of 55cm x 40cm x 20cm.
We had a super week – there are too many lovely places in Corsica to visit – luckily this is our fifth visit to the island with Simpson Travel, so didn’t feel we had to go too far. Debbie was as helpful and accessible as ever and it was especially nice to meet the owner, Pierre-Baptiste, who is a delightful man. Shame a week goes so quickly.
Liz Sleight & Dudley James – May 2019
Loved the apartment. Awesome views and the sunsets were stunning. Debbie’s advice re trips and restaurants was spot on (thank you). We had great meals at Casa Vinu and A Candella. We loved the villages, especially Sant’Antonino and spent happy hours on the long, sandy Calvi beach. A great week with plenty of exercise. Walking to the lighthouse was a highlight, as was the walk each morning to the boulangerie on Rue Wilson – the croissants are worth it!
Anne & Kevin – May 2019
Beautiful views from a stunning apartment! We were so pleased this apartment was just as good as the website photos! Loved the welcome pack from Jenny, very thoughtful and kind. We loved Calvi beach – the best, very calm, shallow sea and Sunbeams for hire. Also loved the shop down the road ‘Le Parte Blue’ for some fantastic gifts. It was a relaxing holiday so didn’t venture too far but the views from Calvi Citadel and the drive up to Sant Antonio was stunning.
Lorna & Richard – September 2018
Our choice of Corsican properties is as diverse as the island itself, ranging from simple seaside charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal. To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
With fishermen mending their nets by the harbour, Calvi’s maritime heritage remains intact. However, the town has gained a new lease of life in the cafés and bars along Quai Landry, linking the marina and the port, with stretches of beach beyond.
Inland, the unspoilt beauty of The Balagne tells a different story of mountain wildernesses and the island's unspoilt and uniquely fragrant maquis. Follow the Route des Artisans through terracotta-tiled hilltop villages, overlooking a landscape of forests and mountains, and you’ll also find that an excellent glass of local wine is never far away.
View holiday Booking Conditions