In this section...
- Contemporary stylish villa
- Light and airy
- Private gated saltwater swimming pool
- Simpson family extras available
- Walking distance to Calvi and the beach
Leaving vibrant downtown Calvi, a short drive brings you to La Pinède at the end of the road in a small residential area. This smart house is very spacious and has a modern interior with picture windows on all sides. The entrance opens straight into a spacious, airy living/dining area, furnished and decorated in a contemporary style by its well-travelled owners. The bright designer kitchen is off to one side with sliding doors opening out on to an al fresco dining area beyond. The bedrooms also open out onto the garden and terrace. The walled garden with lawn on two sides, gas barbecue and decked swimming poolside will exert a powerful pull against the magnet of the beach and bustle of nearby Calvi.
However, it is just a 10-minute walk to the delightful Calvi bay beach and a train stop where you can hop aboard the well-known narrow-gauge U Trinchellu train that runs along the Balagne coastline from Calvi to Ile Rousse. At the beginning of July for one week Calvi beach also plays host to the popular music festival Calvi on the Rocks.
- 3 bedroom villa (sleeps 2-6)
- Living/dining room with Satellite TV, DVD player, Bluetooth speaker
- Open-plan kitchen with ceramic hob, oven, microwave, fridge-freezer, dishwasher
- Utility room with washing machine and tumble dryer
- Master double bedroom (160cm bed) with en-suite shower room (no WC)
- Double bedroom (160cm bed) with en-suite shower room (no WC)
- Twin bedroom (2 x 85cm beds) with en-suite shower room (no WC)
- 2 separate WCs
- Complimentary WiFi
- Air-conditioned bedrooms
- Iron, ironing board, hairdryer, pool and bath towels provided
- Walled garden with lawn and terraces
- Gas barbecue
- Private saltwater swimming pool 8m x 4m (depth 1.15m – 1.4m), gated pool, Roman steps
- Pool can be heated at a charge of £100 per week (must be pre-booked in the UK)
Simpson family extras
- Complimentary cot and highchair available
- Car seats and booster seats can be provided at a supplement, subject to availability
- To pre-book any of our family extras please call 020 8392 5747
- All properties with WiFi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails*
* We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes due to factors beyond our control reliability can be affected.
Villa access times
- Check-in time – 3.00pm
- Check-out time – 9.00am
- Beach and restaurants 10min walk
- Calvi 30min walk or 5min drive
- Calvi airport 5min drive
- Bastia airport 1hr 45min drive
Based on the number of people travelling, the following hire car(s) are included in the package price of your holiday:
- 2-3 guests – 1 Group C, Peugeot 2008 or similar*
- 4 guests – 1 Group H, Citroen C4 Picasso or similar*
- 5 guests – 1 Group K, Renault Grand Scenic or similar*
- 6 guests – 2 Group C, Peugeot 2008 or similar*
* All our cars include comprehensive insurance with zero excess. For this particular destination, the undercarriage is not included in the cover.
Group C – 1-1.6 litre engine, 2 large and 1 small suitcase*
Group H – 1.1-1.6 litre engine, 2 large and 2 small suitcases*
Group K – 1.2-1.6 litre engine, 2 large suitcases*
The following cars are available as alternatives on request (supplements apply). Please call our travel specialists for details.
Group D - Peugeot 3008 or similar, 1.1-1.6 litre engine, 3 large suitcases*
Group E – SUV Automatic Toyota CHR Hybrid or similar, 1.1-1.6 litre engine, 1 large and 2 small suitcases*
Group F – Ford Mondeo or similar, 2.0 litre engine, 2 large and 2 small suitcases*
Group G – Audi A3 Cabriolet or similar, 1.2-1.6 litre engine, 1 large suitcase*
Group J – Peugeot 308 GPS or similar, 1-1.6 litre engine, 2 large and 1 small suitcase*
Group L – Renault Captur Automatic or similar, 1.1-1.6 litre engine, 1 large and 1 small suitcase*
Group N – 9-seater Toyota Proace or similar, 1.2-1.6 litre engine, 1 large and 1 small suitcase*
Group X - Citroen Berlingo or similar, 1-1.6 litre engine, 3 large and 1 small suitcase*
* Suitcase sizes are based on a large suitcase being approximately 75cm x 41cm x 31cm, a medium suitcase of approximately 65cm x 46cm x 29cm and a small suitcase of 55cm x 40cm x 20cm.
La Pinède is a lovely villa in a perfect location – quiet and private yet close to the beach and the town. Our Simpson Travel representative, Debbie, was really helpful and friendly. Looking forward to going back next year.
Mrs Bushell – September 2018
We had a lovely week in spacious La Pinède. Arichella was our favourite beach. We had great tips from Debbie, the Simpson Travel representative – all were accurate. We loved Corsica and will be back.
The Hunters – July 2018
Five of us, Mum, Dad, Grandpa and children (aged 7 and 6) had a wonderful time in Calvi. Villa was perfect – great location and it had everything we needed. Debbie was wonderful with her suggestions and recommendations – nothing was too much trouble and she kindly booked restaurants for us. Overall, we had a great time!
The Robertson & Moon Family – August 2017
La Pinede was perfect to explore Calvi – an easy walk to the beach and beautifully quiet, comfortable and had everything we wanted. Debbie was wonderful – such great recommendations and booked the restaurants for us, a real asset for Simpson Travel. Thank you so much! We will return!
Beth, Ian & Chloe – June 2017
Wonderful holiday, Corsica was beautiful. In-resort rep, Debbie, is a real asset to the company.
Mr Whitworth – June 2017
Simpson Travel was a very efficient travel operative, with everything organised and easy to manage. The villa 'La Pinede' was palatial! Plenty of space, light and airy and easy to walk into Calvi. All staff we encountered were friendly and helpful, and travel both there and back went without a hitch. Corsica is described as a beautiful island, and so it was, particularly in May. We had a wonderful week, and will certainly consider choosing Simpson Travel again should they offer a destination we are interested in.
Mrs Appleby – May 2016
The villa was comfortable and we enjoyed our evenings sitting outside with a few bottles of the local wine. Great situation too – handy for local beach, Calvi town and the supermarket. Fab holiday, fab villa and love Corsica – will be back again soon.
Mrs Oates – August 2015
We have had a glorious week at La Pinede – the villa has been perfect for our needs and Zena was immensely helpful with advice. A memorable holiday!
Mrs Viner – August 2015
Thoroughly enjoyed the villa, especially due to the location and proximity to the beach and Calvi shops and restaurants. We had a lovely stay thanks and appreciated all the help from Debbie. Enjoy the villa – we did!
Mr Riggs – August 2015
Lovely villa, fantastic location! Pool here fab with being gated. Thanks Debbie for your help and loan of the DVDs – will definitely come back to Corsica.
Mrs Wood – July 2015
A most enjoyable week in this lovely villa as the season begins. We much appreciated not always going to use the car. Thanks to Debbie for her kind attention.
Lady Pitkeathley – April 2015
We had a really nice week in Calvi and the surrounding area. The house and the pool were great, many thanks you made our second week in wonderful Corsica as amazing as the first (Porto Vecchio). We'll be back.
Butterworth-Payne – August 2014
We really enjoyed our two weeks here. Villa was brilliant, accommodation, facilities and pool really good. Location best ever, walkable beach, supermarket and town.
Moore Family – July 2014
We had such a a great week in Calvi. lovely villa, spacious and very comfortable. The pools has been much used and enjoyed, the beach only a few minutes walk has been great too. Calvi is a lovely town, a symbiosis of chick modernity blended with Medieval back streets.
Isitt Family – July 2014
Corsica had so much to offer, fabulous weather and terrific restaurants. The holiday lived up to its promise. We would definitely go back to Corsica again with Simpson Travel.
Mr Mills – June 2014
A lovely week, super villa. Highlights included, relaxing by the pool and on the beaches (both the walkable local Calvi beaches and the short drivable plage du pain de sucre beach). Also, the mountain villages and the Citadel. Something for everyone!
Walmsley family – August 2013
Corsica is a lovely place to visit - enjoyed exploring the mountain villages. Would definitely re-visit. Loved the villa and thoroughly enjoyed the pool.
Skeen-Smith family – July 2013
Had a wonderful holiday - loved the villa and the pool. We particularly enjoyed the drive round the Balagne Villages.
Mr and Mrs Taylor – June 2013
Brilliant honest company...everything was as described. 100% recommendation.
Mr Pearson – May 2013
Our choice of Corsican properties is as diverse as the island itself, ranging from simple seaside charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal. To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
With fishermen mending their nets by the harbour, Calvi’s maritime heritage remains intact. However, the town has gained a new lease of life in the cafés and bars along Quai Landry, linking the marina and the port, with stretches of beach beyond.
Inland, the unspoilt beauty of The Balagne tells a different story of mountain wildernesses and the island's unspoilt and uniquely fragrant maquis. Follow the Route des Artisans through terracotta-tiled hilltop villages, overlooking a landscape of forests and mountains, and you’ll also find that an excellent glass of local wine is never far away.
View holiday Booking Conditions