In this section...
- Beautifully restored villa
- Stylish interiors
- Mesmerising views
- Short walk to restaurants
Holidays will be different this summer. Find out how travel is changing and what we are doing to keep you safe here.
Named after the famous Corsican singer who once lived there, Casa Regina resides in the traditional Balagne village of Santa Reparata, ten minutes from lovely Île Rousse. It’s a location that caters generously for the upmarket traveller: an endlessly breath-taking landscape imbued with the aromatic flavours of northern Corsica’s proud cultural heritage. And whether your desire is to explore the mountain foothills or the area’s atmospheric hilltop villages; to spend a lazy day on the beach or while away the hours in a bistro or on a winery tour, this is a holiday that is indulgent, relaxing and inspiring in equal measures.
Casa Regina is also owned by a couple we know very well: Eric and Florence, who have been a part of the Simpson Travel extended family since we began in 2002, and worked with Simply Travel before then too. He grew up in Santa Reparata and is an experienced hotelier; she’s the creative vision behind the villa's stylish interiors and, like us, they take pleasure in quality and offering the highest levels of service. Their plans for this impressive property started taking shape some time ago, from the outside area and heated pool, to the six individually styled rooms, each with a minibar and flat-screen TV. You can choose either a sea or equally stunning mountain view. A flexible room arrangement means that, in five of the rooms, the generous 2m doubles can be converted into twin beds to provide accommodation for friends travelling together as well as couples.
The village of Santa Reparata has two small restaurants as well as a hotel restaurant during the summer months, a bakery, a grocer's and a butcher's shop and Casa Regina is just five kilometres from the town centre and sandy beaches of Ile Rousse, and three kilometres from Monticello, with its well-known gastronomic restaurant. Follow your curiosity and take a stroll up into the more remote corners where time has eroded some of the ancient buildings and swifts swoop and chatter overhead. You can pick up the walking trails to Pigna from here or wend your way upwards to hilltop Sant’Antonino, which dates back to the 9th century. Both sit on the Route des Artisans with its arts and crafts workshops and array of local produce for tasting and taking home. For wine buffs, there are also two vineyards within eight miles of the villa, plus the popular Route des Vins, which passes through fashionable Lumio, a picturesque village with sandy beaches nearby and impressive views across the Golfe de Calvi. The nearest gourmet restaurant is Auberge I Salti in Regino, about a 20-minute drive away and next to a nine-hole golf course.
Stay in July and you’ll also have the pleasure of the annual Festivoce, Pigna’s international music festival, which offers a full programme of events, including concerts and performances in the streets, baroque churches, chapels and squares, all just a 15-minute drive away.
Just as close is upmarket Île Rousse, for lazy morning coffees in the shady main square followed by an exploration of shops and markets or a spot of sunbathing on the local town beach. In mid September there’s also an international boules tournament and, throughout the summer, you can catch the little train, known locally as the ‘Micheline’, which trundles its way through spectacular scenery into historic Calvi.
- 6 bedroom villa (sleeps 2-12)
- Fully equipped kitchen with oven, hob, Nespresso machine, microwave, fridge-freezer, dishwasher, washing machine
- Open-plan living/dining area, sliding doors lead to pool terrace and covered terrace
- Double bedroom en-suite with shower and bath, access to balcony
- Guest WC
- 3 double bedrooms with en-suite shower room with WC, access to terrace
- Double bedroom with en-suite shower room with WC, access to balcony
- Double bedroom en-suite with shower, bath and WC, leads to private courtyard with seating area
- Complimentary WiFi
- Air-conditioned throughout
- Safe and TV in all bedrooms
- 5 of the double bedrooms can be converted to twin bedrooms on request
- Iron, ironing board, hairdryers, pool and bath towels provided
- Light mid-stay clean (Wednesday) with linen change
- Gas barbecue
- Private swimming pool 12 x 5m (depth 1.4m, with some shallower elevated areas), heated in May, June, September and October (pool may be heated outside of these months but must be pre-booked and charges may apply)
- All properties with WiFi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails*
* We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes due to factors beyond our control reliability can be affected.
Villa access times
- Check in time – 4.00pm
- Check out time – 10.00am
- Beach 10min drive
- Small village restaurants (Santa Reparata) 1-5min walk (in season)
- Restaurant 5-10min drive
- Ile Rousse 10min drive
- Calvi airport 40min drive
- Bastia airport 1hr 20min drive
Based on the number of people travelling, the following hire car(s) are included in the package price of your holiday:
- 2-3 guests – 1 Group C, Peugeot 2008 or similar*
- 4 guests – 1 Group H, Renault Scenic or similar*
- 5 guests – 1 Group K, Renault Grand Scenic or similar*
- 6 guests – 2 Group C, Peugeot 2008 or similar*
- 7 guests – 1 Group C, Peugeot 2008, and 1 Group H, Renault Scenic, or similar*
- 8 guests – 2 Group H, Renault Scenic or similar*
- 9 guests – 1 Group H, Renault Scenic, and 1 Group K, Renault Grand Scenic, or similar*
- 10 guests – 2 Group K, Renault Grand Scenic or similar*
- 11 guests – 2 Group K, Renault Grand Scenic, and 1 Group C, Peugeot 2008, or similar*
- 12 guests – 2 Group K, Renault Grand Scenic, and 1 Group H, Renault Scenic, or similar*
* All our cars include comprehensive insurance with zero excess. For this particular destination, the undercarriage is not included in the cover.
Group C – 1-1.6 litre engine, 2 large and 1 small suitcase*
Group H – 1.1-1.6 litre engine, 2 large and 2 small suitcases*
Group K – 1.2-1.6 litre engine, 2 large suitcases*
The following cars are available as alternatives on request (supplements apply). Please call our travel specialists for details.
Group D - VW Tiguan or similar, 1.1-1.6 litre engine, 3 large suitcases*
Group F – Peugeot 508 or similar, 2.0 litre engine, 2 large and 2 small suitcases*
Group G – Audi A3 Cabriolet or similar, 1.2-1.6 litre engine, 1 large suitcase*
Group J – VW Golf GPS or similar, 1-1.6 litre engine, 2 large and 1 small suitcase*
Group N – 9-seater Toyota Proace or similar, 1.2-1.6 litre engine, 1 large and 1 small suitcase*
Group O – 9-seater minibus Ford Galaxy or similar, 1.2-1.6 litre engine, 1 large and 1 small suitcase*
Please note we can request automatic cars in all car groups except Group N. Please specify at time of booking if you require an automatic car
* Suitcase sizes are based on a large suitcase being approximately 75cm x 41cm x 31cm, a medium suitcase of approximately 65cm x 46cm x 29cm and a small suitcase of 55cm x 40cm x 20cm.
From first phone contact to completion of holiday everything was superb. It is Simpson's amazing attention to detail – sets it apart and made everything run smoothly. The villa was breathtaking, even better than the website photos promised, and extremely well-equipped. Our rep, Debbie, couldn't do enough for us, and her numerous thoughtful kindnesses were much appreciated (Simpson, she is a jewel in your crown!). We all had a marvellous time. Our first Simpson holiday, but surely not our last!
Mrs Foreman – October 2019
Casa Regina was quite simply wonderful. A stunning villa in a fantastic location. Spacious, airy rooms fitted out to a very high standard. It was so good in fact that we didn’t do a lot of the things we had planned just so we could enjoy the villa to the full. Huge beds, high quality bedding and towels and a lovely tranquil feel. The villa lights up beautifully at night making it feel really special and welcoming. Lots of excellent local eateries and a special mention to rep, Debbie, whose knowledge and friendliness was the icing on the cake. She came to see us with lots to offer and I recommend any visitor to Casa Regina use her to the full. I can't recommend this villa enough or the services of Simpson Travel – end to end fantastic!
The Connell family – September 2019
What a great week! Fantastic villa with everything you could ever ask for. We enjoyed the amazing weather and the views every day watching the birds of prey fly over the pool! Thank you Debbie for all your help.
The Houlton family – July 2019
Great family holiday! Corsica is a beautiful island – first visit but we will be returning. Lovely villa with everything we needed. Special thanks to Debbie for all her help and information on the best beaches and restaurants in the area.
The Hindmarch family – July 2019
Our choice of Corsican properties is as diverse as the island itself, ranging from simple seaside charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal. To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
With fishermen mending their nets by the harbour, Calvi’s maritime heritage remains intact. However, the town has gained a new lease of life in the cafés and bars along Quai Landry, linking the marina and the port, with stretches of beach beyond.
Inland, the unspoilt beauty of The Balagne tells a different story of mountain wildernesses and the island's unspoilt and uniquely fragrant maquis. Follow the Route des Artisans through terracotta-tiled hilltop villages, overlooking a landscape of forests and mountains, and you’ll also find that an excellent glass of local wine is never far away.
View holiday Booking Conditions