Tribe gives teenagers the independence and flexibility they crave while offering an engaging and inspiring programme of activities. It’s about freedom; it’s about friendship; it’s about family.
If you’ve ever tried persuading a teenager to try something new, you’ll know it’s better to work with them rather than against them. And since a mobile phone or tablet is never far from their side, a WhatsApp group seems a sensible place to start. Our experienced Club Leader begins with some gentle introductions and useful information, encouraging friendships to evolve organically through shared activities and trips out. And unless the group are heading off somewhere, there won’t be strict deadlines or time-pressures; just an open invitation to join a flexible programme that allows for uptime, down-time and those all-important lie-ins.
Friendships can’t be forced, but given the right circumstances they can be forged. They often develop by happy accident while we’re busy doing other things. The Tribe programme provides an average of 30 hours of co-ordinated activities over six days and seeks to give a welcome break from the social pressures and rigid timetabling of school. Watersports, beach games, workouts, chillouts, table tennis, basketball and a trip to Corfu’s fabulous waterpark, are just some of the things on offer by day. And with a pizza and film night, Wednesday BBQ and an evening out in Kassiopi included too, there are plenty of ways for everyone to get involved, share common interests and find their groove.
We know what it’s like. Only two minutes ago, it was bed-time stories and songs in the bath and suddenly they’re slipping through your fingers. You long for precious time together but also, a little welcome time apart. Tribe gives teens the chance to spread their wings and let off steam while parents relax and enjoy the exceptional surroundings at Bella Mare. But shared experiences are important too, and the intimate beach-club vibe is a wonderful backdrop for rewarding family time and enjoying lazy lunches by the sea. And when you’ve recharged, Simpson Watersports offers you the chance to prove that youth is wasted on the young and join the fun out on the water.
TRIBE IN BRIEF
- Caters for children aged 13+.
- Runs 14 July to 31 August 2019 with an average of five hours of activities per day, six days a week.
- Club membership costs £330 for the week and includes all activities and trips. Bookings must be made prior to departure.
- Sample activities include mocktail making, beach games, boat trip, table tennis, basketball, pizza and film night, dinghy sailing (with tuition), a trip to Aqualand, horse riding, workouts, chillouts, BBQ night and an evening out in Kassiopi.
- Activities are subject to suitable weather conditions and number of participants.
- All activities are fully supervised by our experienced Club Leader, carefully chosen by Simpson’s Childcare and Activities manager Natasha Sholay – a favourite amongst our Peryali and Mousses guests.
- Food is included when a trip/activity takes place over a mealtime. Bottled water is always freely available.
- Operates Sunday to Friday. Session times vary daily.
- There is a 10:1 ratio which cannot be exceeded. Early booking is advised.
- We are more than happy to accommodate children with special needs if we can. Please call us on 020 8392 5858 to discuss.
- Only available to guests staying at the Bella Mare Hotel.
To pre-book a place at Tribe, please select this option when booking your holiday online or call us on 020 8392 5858.
Subject to availability, early booking advised.
WHERE IS TRIBE BASED?
Bella Mare Hotel, Corfu
With its spectacular beachfront setting in the exclusive North-East of Corfu, the Bella Mare is hard to beat. Exceptional service and a laid-back beach club vibe set the tone for a wonderfully relaxing holiday, whilst stylishly contemporary interiors and elegant terraces create an atmosphere of understated luxury. And if you are feeling energetic, the delightful hotel gardens open directly onto the beach where our new Simpson Watersports Centre is waiting to tempt you out across sparkling Avlaki Bay.