In this section...
- Master suite with roof terrace
- Panoramic Kalkan views
- Stylish and contemporary
- Walking distance to Kalkan
The higher you go in Kalkan, the better the views, and Villa Vega has claimed a top spot here, looking out over olive groves to the mesmerising, deep blue sweep of Kalkan bay beyond. Vega shares this stunning view with an adjacent identical property, but each villa is entirely independent and self-contained, so your privacy is not impacted.
Taking its name from one of the brightest stars in the summer sky, Vega has been cleverly constructed to capture the Kalkan panorama from every possible angle, building out from the hillside to create room for an inviting sun terrace and infinity pool. The villa is fronted almost entirely in glass, from its sleek living-dining area to the top floor suite, complete with a terrace open to the heavens in the best tradition of Kalkan’s celebrated rooftop restaurants.
Your sun terrace is a magical spot for drinks and dinner, backlit by a spectacular Kalkan sunset, or you can walk down to the old town in less than 20 minutes for a pleasantly buzzy atmosphere and fantastic choice of places to eat and drink. During the heat of the day you might prefer to hop in the car for the two-minute drive to the harbour, or make the short trip to the fine sands of Patara beach, a pristine 12km stretch of protected national park that rarely feels crowded even in the height of summer. With plenty going on to appeal to all ages, Kalkan is ideal for an extended family gathering or group of friends, and this stylish property makes an excellent base for any occasion.
Explore our pre-bookable experiences in Kalkan
All guests staying in Kalkan are treated to a complimentary Turkish bath (hamam) treatment in the Kalkan Regency hotel's renowned spa and a day trip on the hotel’s traditional gület boat, Poseidon, with lunch and a welcome glass of bubbles included (additional drinks will need to be paid for on board). Tea/coffee and cakes will be served in the afternoon. Please speak to your local representative on arrival to confirm your bookings. View full details on our blog.
- 4 bedroom villa (sleeps 2-8)
- Open-plan living/dining/kitchen area with TV (English speaking news channels) and DVD, leads out to pool terrace
- Double bedroom (180cm x 200cm bed) with en-suite shower room, leads out to private balcony
- Double bedroom (180cm x 200cm bed) with en-suite shower room, leads out to shared balcony
- Twin bedroom (90cm x 200cm beds) with en-suite shower room (full glass windows), leads out to shared balcony
- Double bedroom (180cm x 200cm bed) with en-suite shower room, leads out to roof terrace
- Roof terrace accessed through bedroom
- Roof terrace with bistro table, two sunbeds and two chairs
- Complimentary WiFi
- Air-conditioned throughout
- Iron, ironing board, hairdryer and Simpson pool/beach towels provided
- Infinity swimming pool 12.5m x 4.5m (depth 1.4m throughout), accessed via steps
- 52 steps from road up to front door (unsuitable for guests with limited mobility)
- All properties with WiFi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails*
* We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes due to factors beyond our control reliability can be affected.
British passport holders travelling to Turkey require a tourist visa in advance of travel. The visa is issued via the Turkish Electronic Visa Application System at the following website www.evisa.gov.tr and is charged at USD20. Please refer to www.evisa.gov.tr or the Turkish Consulate if you do not hold a British passport. Please note that passports need to be valid for six months or more from your return date to the UK.
- Restaurant 5min walk
- Kalkan (restaurants/shops/beach clubs) 15min walk (steep walk downhill) or 5min drive
- Patara beach 20min drive
- Dalaman airport 1hr 45min drive
Based on the number of people travelling, the following hire car(s) are included in the package price of your holiday:
- 2-4 guests – 1 Group B, Opel Astra saloon or similar*
- 5 guests – 1 Group D, Dacia Duster or similar*
- 6-8 guests – 2 Group B, Opel Astra saloon or similar*
* All our cars include full comprehensive insurance with zero excess. For this particular destination, the undercarriage, tyres and windscreen are included in the cover.
Group B – 1.6 litre petrol engine, 1 large and 2 medium suitcases*
Group D – 1.5 litre diesel engine, 3 large and 2 medium suitcases*
The following cars are available as alternatives on request (supplements apply). Please call our travel specialists for details.
Group E – VW Carvelle/Mercedes Vito or similar, 2 litre diesel engine, 3 large and 3 medium suitcases*
Group F – Opel Astra saloon automatic or similar, 1.6 litre petrol engine, 1 large and 2 medium suitcases*
* Suitcase sizes are based on a large suitcase being approximately 75cm x 45cm x 23cm and a medium suitcase of approximately 60cm x 40cm x 23cm.
Our choice of Turkey properties is diverse, ranging from simple charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal.
To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
Set against a breathtaking mountain backdrop, Kalkan sits on Turkey’s stunning Turquoise Coast: a cosmopolitan, vibrant resort perfect for exploring the timeless beauty of ancient Lycia's pine-clad shores. The pretty town centre is a treasure trove of narrow streets, whitewashed Ottoman Greek houses and inviting boutiques. It's also famous for its harbourside lounge bars and rooftop restaurants serving a variety of delicious food with impeccable service.
Our guests return to Kalkan year after year. To find out why, visit our collection of luxury villas and hotels – and, if you book your Kalkan holiday with Simpson Travel, we'll include a complimentary hamam experience and a day trip along the Turquoise Coast in a traditional wooden gület.
Explore our pre-bookable experiences in Kalkan
View holiday Booking Conditions