In this section...
- Stunning sea views
- Home from home comfort
- Roof terrace
- Wonderfully romantic
Our 2022 holidays are now available to reserve online. For more information, visit our Advance Registration page.
If you dream of a sun-warmed terrace, citrus scented gardens, a sparkling swimming pool and an elegantly comfortable base to make your summer home for a week or two, then this delightful private villa is for you.
Beautifully finished to the exacting standards of a much-loved private home, the House of Dreams is big on character as well as comfort. Set high above Kalkan, where the views are wide and the pace is slower, the villa provides a pleasing sense of space thanks to high ceilings, open door arches and tastefully understated interiors, accented with personal touches that give this house its rather romantic charm. As the owner’s main residence for several years, there’s everything you could need here to make you feel quickly at home, including a superbly equipped kitchen, cinema-style entertainment system and quiet study area should any of your party want to connect with work or enjoy a little extra peace.
Outside, the pool forms the focal point, cocooned by Mediterranean trees and shrubs, and south facing to make the most of the sunshine all day long. There’s space for outdoor dining too of course, plus shady gazebo seating for morning coffees or an afternoon snooze. And as the sun goes down you can chase its last rays from the magnificent rooftop terrace, taking in the panoramic sweep of the bay and its islands as the sky fades into the rosy pink of evening. Perfect for a couple or a small family, the House of Dreams puts you at the heart of the local community, yet still a convenient five-minute drive along the road just below the house to Kalkan’s harbour and old town with its myriad tempting cafes, restaurants and bars.
Looking for 10 nights..? Why not add a 3-night stay in a boutique hotel to your villa holiday. To find out more, view our 10-night holidays in Turkey.
Explore our pre-bookable experiences in Kalkan
All guests staying in Kalkan are treated to a complimentary Turkish bath (hamam) treatment in the Kalkan Regency hotel's renowned spa and a day trip on the hotel’s traditional gület boat, Poseidon, with lunch and a welcome glass of bubbles included (additional drinks will need to be paid for on board). Tea/coffee and cakes will be served in the afternoon. Please speak to your local representative on arrival to confirm your bookings. Simpson Travel guests also enjoy free entry to Indigo Beach Club and a 5% reduction on any purchase at the Palm Beach Club. View full details on our blog.
- 2 bedroom villa (sleeps 2-3)
- Living/reading room with TV/DVD and PlayStation 3, leads to terrace
- Shower room
First floor (entrance level)
- Open-plan living/dining/kitchen area with TV (English speaking news channels), leads out to spacious balcony with outside dining area
- Kitchen with breakfast area includes oven, hob, filter coffee machine, Nespresso machine (please bring your own coffee pods), fridge-freezer, dishwasher
- Shower room
- Master double bedroom (200cm x 200cm bed) with en-suite shower room and walk-in wardrobe
- Double bedroom (130cm x 200cm, suitable for one adult) with en-suite bathroom
- Large shared balcony
- Complimentary WiFi
- Roof terrace with shaded seating area
- Air-conditioned throughout
- Iron, ironing board, hairdryer and Simpson pool/beach towels provided
- Gas barbecue
- Pergola and gazebo
- Private swimming pool 7m x 5m (depth 1.5m throughout), accessed via steps
- Not suitable for children under 10
- 42 steps to front door (unsuitable for guests with limited mobility)
- Some traffic noise might be heard from a secondary road that runs below the villa
- Meze delivery service on arrival (8 different mezes, baklava – £10pp)
- All properties with WiFi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails*
* We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes due to factors beyond our control reliability can be affected.
From 2 March 2020, British nationals travelling to Turkey for tourism or business purposes will no longer need a visa for visits of up to 90 days within any 180-day period.
- Small grocery shop 200m
- Kalkan (restaurants/shops/beach clubs) 10min drive
- Patara beach 20min drive
- Dalaman airport 1hr 45min drive
It’s been a great week...albeit in Covid-19 times. It’s our second visit to Kalkan and with Simpson too. We loved the House of Dreams, a beautiful villa. So well equipped and a great layout. Loved our rooftop drinks watching the sun going down. Our villa was attended to every day by Mohammed who cleaned the pool, arranged the sunbeds and dropped off fresh bread daily. A lovely touch. We went to Villa Mahal Beach Club...stunning place for the sophisticated! No Ibiza music. Very chilled and relaxing. Recommend getting the water taxi from Kalkan. The club has direct access to the sea. Beautiful lunch. We also did the Poisedon cruise. A stunning boat. Lovely lunch and beautiful stop off places to swim in turquoise seas. Our rep, Zeze, was amazing. We were there during Covid-19 times, so didn’t get to meet her. But we were in touch every day...and admittedly I contacted her a lot outside working hours. Especially when we heard we would be quarantined on our return to England. She gave her best advice during a hive of activity of worried customers. She was prompt to respond whatever the hour. She did a sterling job and an absolute credit to Simpson Travel. Well done Simpson and all of your staff, plus the owners of the House of Dreams for delivering an amazing holiday experience in such difficult times. Simpson is the best in ensuring every part of your journey is effortless. Meeting you at the airport, with your hire car ready to go, and on your return trip tracking your car so they are ready to take it off your hands when you pull up at the airport. Takes a lot of stress out of the airport experience! A lovely thoughtful welcome hamper also awaits you at your villa. We won’t book with any another other travel agent. Mr Simpson totally understands how to lead his staff on delivering exceptional customer service. Well done.
Simpson Traveller – September 2020
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
Set against a breathtaking mountain backdrop, Kalkan sits on Turkey’s stunning Turquoise Coast: a cosmopolitan, vibrant resort perfect for exploring the timeless beauty of ancient Lycia's pine-clad shores. The pretty town centre is a treasure trove of narrow streets, whitewashed Ottoman Greek houses and inviting boutiques. It's also famous for its harbourside lounge bars and rooftop restaurants serving a variety of delicious food with impeccable service.
Our guests return to Kalkan year after year. To find out why, visit our collection of luxury villas and hotels – and, if you book your Kalkan holiday with Simpson Travel, we'll include a complimentary hamam experience and a day trip along the Turquoise Coast in a traditional wooden gület. Find out more here.
Explore our pre-bookable experiences in Kalkan
View holiday Booking Conditions