In this section...
- Stunning sea views
- Home from home comfort
- Roof terrace
- Wonderfully romantic
If you dream of a sun-warmed terrace, citrus scented gardens, a sparkling swimming pool and an elegantly comfortable base to make your summer home for a week or two, then this delightful private villa is for you.
Beautifully finished to the exacting standards of a much-loved private home, the House of Dreams is big on character as well as comfort. Set high above Kalkan, where the views are wide and the pace is slower, the villa provides a pleasing sense of space thanks to high ceilings, open door arches and tastefully understated interiors, accented with personal touches that give this house its rather romantic charm. As the owner’s main residence for several years, there’s everything you could need here to make you feel quickly at home, including a superbly equipped kitchen, cinema-style entertainment system and quiet study area should any of your party want to connect with work or enjoy a little extra peace.
Outside, the pool forms the focal point, cocooned by Mediterranean trees and shrubs, and south facing to make the most of the sunshine all day long. There’s space for outdoor dining too of course, plus shady gazebo seating for morning coffees or an afternoon snooze. And as the sun goes down you can chase its last rays from the magnificent rooftop terrace, taking in the panoramic sweep of the bay and its islands as the sky fades into the rosy pink of evening. Perfect for a couple or a small family, the House of Dreams puts you at the heart of the local community, yet still a convenient five-minute drive along the road just below the house to Kalkan’s harbour and old town with its myriad tempting cafes, restaurants and bars.
Explore our pre-bookable experiences in Kalkan
All guests staying in Kalkan are treated to a complimentary Turkish bath (hamam) treatment in the Kalkan Regency hotel's renowned spa and a day trip on the hotel’s traditional gület boat, Poseidon, with lunch and a welcome glass of bubbles included (additional drinks will need to be paid for on board). Tea/coffee and cakes will be served in the afternoon. Please speak to your local representative on arrival to confirm your bookings. View full details on our blog.
- 2 bedroom villa (sleeps 2-4)
- Living/reading room with TV/DVD and PlayStation 3, leads out to terrace
- Shower room
First floor (entrance level)
- Open-plan living/dining/kitchen area with TV (English speaking news channels), leads out to spacious balcony with outside dining area
- Kitchen with breakfast area includes oven, hob, filter coffee machine, Nespresso machine (please bring your own coffee pods), fridge-freezer, dishwasher
- Shower room
- Double bedroom with en-suite shower room and walk-in wardrobe
- Double bedroom with en-suite bathroom
- Large shared balcony
- Complimentary WiFi
- Roof terrace with shaded seating area
- Air-conditioned throughout
- Iron, ironing board, hairdryer and Simpson pool/beach towels provided
- Gas barbecue
- Pergola and gazebo
- Private swimming pool 7m x 5m (depth 1.5m throughout), accessed via steps
- Not suitable for children under 10
- Approx. 24 steps in total (unsuitable for guests with limited mobility)
- Some traffic noise might be heard from a secondary road that runs below the villa
- All properties with WiFi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails*
* We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes due to factors beyond our control reliability can be affected.
British passport holders travelling to Turkey require a tourist visa in advance of travel. The visa is issued via the Turkish Electronic Visa Application System at the following website www.evisa.gov.tr and is charged at USD20. Please refer to www.evisa.gov.tr or the Turkish Consulate if you do not hold a British passport. Please note that passports need to be valid for six months or more from your return date to the UK.
- Small grocery shop 200m
- Kalkan (restaurants/shops/beach clubs) 10min drive
- Patara beach 20min drive
- Dalaman airport 1hr 45min drive
Based on the number of people travelling, the following hire car(s) are included in the package price of your holiday:
- 2-4 guests – 1 Group B, Opel Astra saloon or similar*
* All our cars include full comprehensive insurance with zero excess. For this particular destination, the undercarriage, tyres and windscreen are included in the cover.
Group B – 1.6 litre petrol engine, 1 large and 2 medium suitcases*
The following cars are available as alternatives on request (supplements apply). Please call our travel specialists for details.
Group D – Dacia Duster or similar, 1.5 litre diesel engine, 3 large and 2 medium suitcases*
Group E – VW Carvelle/Mercedes Vito or similar, 2 litre diesel engine, 3 large and 3 medium suitcases*
Group F – Opel Astra saloon automatic or similar, 1.6 litre petrol engine, 1 large and 2 medium suitcases*
* Suitcase sizes are based on a large suitcase being approximately 75cm x 45cm x 23cm and a medium suitcase of approximately 60cm x 40cm x 23cm.
Our choice of Turkey properties is diverse, ranging from simple charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal.
To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
Set against a breathtaking mountain backdrop, Kalkan sits on Turkey’s stunning Turquoise Coast: a cosmopolitan, vibrant resort perfect for exploring the timeless beauty of ancient Lycia's pine-clad shores. The pretty town centre is a treasure trove of narrow streets, whitewashed Ottoman Greek houses and inviting boutiques. It's also famous for its harbourside lounge bars and rooftop restaurants serving a variety of delicious food with impeccable service.
Our guests return to Kalkan year after year. To find out why, visit our collection of luxury villas and hotels – and, if you book your Kalkan holiday with Simpson Travel, we'll include a complimentary hamam experience and a day trip along the Turquoise Coast in a traditional wooden gület.
Explore our pre-bookable experiences in Kalkan
View holiday Booking Conditions