In this section...
- Exceptional sunset views over Patara
- Wonderfully romantic
- Heated swimming pool
- Restaurant nearby
Our 2022 holidays are now available to reserve online. For more information, visit our Advance Registration page.
This exceptional villa is the creation of Aşkınay Tomanbay, one of the family who run our wonderful Kalkan Regency hotel. The Regency has been welcoming our guests for several years and the family are consummate professionals in the art of hospitality, so Aşkınay understands better than most what Simpson Travellers appreciate. From the impressive 9-metre pool to the outdoor jacuzzi and the mesmerising sea views, Villa Talya is one of the finest properties in our Turkish collection.
The elegant style is reminiscent of a luxury mountain lodge, with exposed stone walls and lots of unpolished wood giving a rustic-chic feel, perfectly in keeping with the lovely rural location. The overall effect is both stylish and romantic, but what impresses everyone most about this beautiful spot is the view, a sweeping panorama that stretches all the way down to Patara beach and the infinite blue of the horizon beyond. You can spend all day making the most of this glorious outlook, swimming laps in the pool, soothing muscles in the hot tub or pouring bubbles into your glass instead as the sunset burnishes the sky in copper and gold, and the lights start to twinkle on the coast.
With views like this you may find it hard to leave, but buzzy Kalkan can be reached in around 20 minutes, part of which is on an unmade track. And if all that seems like just a little too much effort, there’s a local restaurant just a few minutes away, with a beautiful setting and delicious food. Villa Talya is secluded but not isolated, set in a cluster of similar properties each carefully positioned so as to retain a good degree of privacy for all, making this wonderful choice for an intimate celebration or a peaceful family break.
Looking for 10 nights..? Why not add a 3-night stay in a boutique hotel to your villa holiday. To find out more, view our 10-night holidays in Turkey.
Explore our pre-bookable experiences in Kalkan
All guests staying in Kalkan are treated to a complimentary Turkish bath (hamam) treatment in the Kalkan Regency hotel's renowned spa and a day trip on the hotel’s traditional gület boat, Poseidon, with lunch and a welcome glass of bubbles included (additional drinks will need to be paid for on board). Tea/coffee and cakes will be served in the afternoon. Please speak to your local representative on arrival to confirm your bookings. Simpson Travel guests also enjoy free entry to Indigo Beach Club and a 5% reduction on any purchase at the Palm Beach Club. View full details on our blog.
- 2 bedroom single storey villa (sleeps 2-4)
- Open-plan living/dining/kitchen area with satellite smart TV (limited English channels) with Netflix and music system, wood burning fire for early and late season (May and October), leads to pool terrace
- Fully-equipped kitchen with oven, hob, microwave, filter coffee machine, fridge-freezer, dishwasher
- Double bedroom (190cm x 200cm bed) with en-suite shower room, leads to pool terrace
- Twin bedroom (100cm x 190cm beds, can be converted into a double and must be requested in advance) with en-suite shower room, leads to pool terrace
- Utility room with washing machine
- Complimentary WiFi
- Air-conditioned throughout
- Iron, ironing board, hairdryer, pool and bath towels provided
- Built-in stone barbecue
- Outside shaded dining area
- Private infinity pool 3.5m x 9m (depth 1.6m throughout) with ladder access
- Pool can be heated in May and October (£100/week and must be pre-booked)
- The road leading to the villa is a non-paved countryside road
- Step-free villa making it ideal for guests with mobility issues
- Set on a hillside with views towards Patara beach (due to rough terrain, it is not possible to walk directly down to the beach)
- Meze delivery service on arrival (8 different mezes, baklava – £10pp)
- All properties with WiFi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails*
* We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes due to factors beyond our control reliability can be affected.
From 2 March 2020, British nationals travelling to Turkey for tourism or business purposes will no longer need a visa for visits of up to 90 days within any 180-day period.
- Restaurant 15min walk
- Village shop 10min drive
- Kalkan (shops/restaurants) 20min drive
- Patara (restaurants/beach) 20min drive
- Dalaman airport 1hr 45min drive
Based on the number of people travelling, the following hire car(s) are included in the package price of your holiday:
- 2-4 guests – 1 Group D, Dacia Duster or similar*
* All our cars include comprehensive insurance with zero excess. For this particular destination, the undercarriage, tyres and windscreen are included in the cover.
Group D – 1.5 litre diesel engine, 3 large and 2 medium suitcases*
The following cars are available as alternatives on request (supplements apply). Please call our travel specialists for details.
Group E – VW Carvelle/Mercedes Vito or similar, 2 litre diesel engine, 3 large and 3 medium suitcases*
* Suitcase sizes are based on a large suitcase being approximately 75cm x 45cm x 23cm and a medium suitcase of approximately 60cm x 40cm x 23cm.
Fabulous villa with breathtaking views. The rep (Olivia) was excellent throughout, offering sound advice and very easy to contact. We would be extremely happy to stay at Villa Talya again and would certainly recommend to others.
Simon & Sue Bailey – August 2019
Secluded, remote, quiet and beautiful. If that’s what you’re after then it’s perfect.
Mr T M Edwards – July 2019
It's our third time travelling with Simpson and we really rate them. They are small enough to be expert and care about their customers but large enough to be able to provide a great service and get brilliant local deals. Even when things go wrong, they do their best to put it right.
Nicola Cohen – July 2019
Our choice of Turkey properties is diverse, ranging from simple charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal.
To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
Set against a breathtaking mountain backdrop, Kalkan sits on Turkey’s stunning Turquoise Coast: a cosmopolitan, vibrant resort perfect for exploring the timeless beauty of ancient Lycia's pine-clad shores. The pretty town centre is a treasure trove of narrow streets, whitewashed Ottoman Greek houses and inviting boutiques. It's also famous for its harbourside lounge bars and rooftop restaurants serving a variety of delicious food with impeccable service.
Our guests return to Kalkan year after year. To find out why, visit our collection of luxury villas and hotels – and, if you book your Kalkan holiday with Simpson Travel, we'll include a complimentary hamam experience and a day trip along the Turquoise Coast in a traditional wooden gület. Find out more here.
Explore our pre-bookable experiences in Kalkan
View holiday Booking Conditions