In this section...
- Beautiful stone farmhouse
- Spacious and comfortable
- Daily maid service
- Restaurant 7min drive
- Yoga and Pilates studio
Nestled into the valley below Pienza, Villa Romantica lies like an island in the middle of a golden field, surrounded by beautiful gardens. Sleeping up to 12 and with a private pool and its own subterranean yoga and Pilates studio, the villa hosts retreats and workshops as comfortably and generously as it welcomes groups of friends and families enjoying holiday time together.
The building was a ruin when sisters Barbara and Sabrina found it, but with painstaking care and attention, they set about restoring the spirit of this traditional country house. They recovered bricks and tiles from fields nearby or local salvage yards and brought the oak floors, stone fireplaces and wooden-beamed ceilings back to life. Hand-painted tiles and colour-washed walls came next and antique furniture was gathered from local markets. Piece by piece, they created a comfortable, authentically Tuscan home – and a practical space for easy summer living.
In addition to the main living room with its large stone fireplace and the well-equipped farmhouse kitchen, there’s also a smaller kitchen and living room in the right wing of the house, so those staying there can enjoy their own space. The main kitchen opens out onto a large patio, where a table awaits for lunches and dinners with a view if you don’t want to eat inside. There’s also a vegetable garden to add some homegrown produce to the occasion – or a chef can do the cooking for you, as well as giving you a lesson in the fine art of Tuscan cuisine.
Near the vegetable garden, about 100m from the main building, is the spacious gym – a studio and relaxation room with a padded floor and a mirrored wall that’s ideal for classes or just your own private yoga or Pilates practice. If you book a massage (paid for locally), this is also where you’ll meet the therapist, unless you’d prefer to be outside in the lovely garden. The long, narrow pool, heated if you prefer and great for swimming lengths, is the perfect complement to a healthier week away – or just an opportunity for a cooling dip on a hot summer’s day. There are also numerous seating areas around the farmhouse, so you can always find you own space for reading or even drawing and painting the spectacular landscape laid out before you.
This being Tuscany, the surrounding area is ripe for foodies with cheese tasting in historic Pienza, just a seven-minute drive away, and wine-tasting in the world-famous Montalcino and Montelpulciano, both less than half an hour away. Perfectly picturesque Bagno Vignoni is about a 20-minute drive away. For centuries, pilgrims have stopped here on their way to Rome to enjoy the natural thermal springs – and you’re welcome to do the same, perhaps after a walk through the spectacular Val d’Orcia countryside.
- 6 bedroom villa (sleeps up to 12)
Ground floor West wing
- Open-plan dining/kitchen area, leads to covered 30m2 terrace
- Kitchen includes gas hob, electric oven, filter coffee machine, microwave, fridge-freezer, dishwasher
- Spiral staircase leads to mezzanine seating area above kitchen
- Steps from the kitchen to a sitting area with fireplace and pool table
- Double bedroom with Jacuzzi bath behind screen and en-suite shower room
- Double bedroom with en-suite shower room
- Steps down from the sitting room to a double bedroom with en-suite shower room
Ground floor East wing
- Steps from main kitchen to an outdoor covered veranda leading to a large sitting room with fireplace
- Separate kitchen includes electric oven, microwave, fridge-freezer, dishwasher
- Sitting room with TV
- Double bedroom with en-suite shower room, leads to covered terrace
- Master bedroom with en-suite Jacuzzi bathroom and separate shower
- Double bedroom with en-suite shower room with double shower
- Can be accessed from inside and outside
- Complimentary WiFi
- Air-conditioned throughout
- Daily maid service
- Cook service and cooking classes (available on request and payable locally)
- Vegetable garden
- Yoga and Pilates studio 100m from main house
- Table tennis
- Pool table
- Massage treatments and personal trainer (available on request and payable locally)
- Private heated swimming pool 4m x 18m (depth 1.4m – 1.8m) with heating included for May, June, September and October, for July and August heating can be paid locally
- Children to be supervised at all times (some walls lower than 1m, spiral staircase)
- A daily tourist tax applies for the first week of your stay only, which means that an average of €1.50 per person (12+ years) may be charged. This should be paid in cash during your stay.
- All properties with WiFi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails*
* We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes due to factors beyond our control reliability can be affected.
- Pienza (shops/bars/restaurants) 7min drive
- Montichiello (shops/restaurants) 7min drive
- Bagno Vignoni 17min drive
- Montepulciano 25min drive
- Montalcino 28min drive
- Arezzo 1hr drive
- Siena 1hr 10min drive
- Perugia airport 1hr 20min drive
- Pisa airport 2hr 20min drive
Our choice of Italian properties is diverse, ranging from simple charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal.
To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
Tuscany gives you permission to indulge in life’s simple pleasures – world-famous wine, indulgent food and hours consumed by epic histories. Each of Tuscany’s ten provinces has its own unique personality, but wherever you stay, you’ll find yourself surrounded by a verdant patchwork of olive groves, cypress trees and vineyards. From the birthplace of the Renaissance, Florence, to the narrow streets of hilltop San Gimignano, Tuscany makes for a stunning escape.
View holiday Booking Conditions