In this section...
- Exceptional manor house
- Spacious and comfortable
- Set in the heart of Chianti
- Outstanding views
- Simpson family extras available
This exceptional manor house can trace its history back to the 11th century, when it served as a watchtower overlooking the disputed territories between Florence and Siena. Almost a thousand years later there is still enormous value in this prime location, which puts Villa Da Vinci within convenient reach of the great art cities of Florence, Siena and Pisa. The house has a most illustrious past, having belonged to many revered Florentine families over the centuries, and many important architectural features have been preserved as a result.
Perhaps the most appealing feature for today’s guests however is the spell-binding beauty of the surrounding landscape. Gently rolling hills clad in olive groves and vineyards stretch away into the distance, fifty shades of green interspersed with the occasional terracotta hilltop village or sinuous ‘white road’ inviting you to set out and explore. With its seven elegant bedrooms, you could happily gather friends and family and spend an unforgettable week or two enjoying Villa Da Vinci’s private pool and perfect panoramas, and the layout of the house makes it particularly suitable for groups. To make your holiday even more relaxing, breakfasts, lunches and dinners are available on request via the villa housekeeper, who lives in a separate neighbouring cottage and can provide all sorts of local information.
The local area
Villa Da Vinci is only 5km from the Greve, in the heart of the Chianti Classico wine growing region. This historic market town hosts the largest wine fair in Chianti every September and you can enjoy vineyard visits and tasting opportunities virtually all year round. For the more actively inclined, the local landscape also offers literally breathtaking hikes through the Monte San Michele Natural Park, as well as gentle strolls.
Lamole village lies 7km up the hill from the villa and has a bar, restaurant and grocery store for all your essentials. From July to September there are weekly classical concerts in its pretty Romanesque church or just visit, as many do, to enjoy the fine views and cool summer breezes afforded by the elevated position. Nearby Panzano has a popular Sunday market and restaurants owned by the internationally renowned butcher Dario Cecchini. Florence and Siena are 35km and 46km away respectively.
Explore our pre-bookable experiences in Tuscany
- 7-bedroom villa (sleeps 2-13)
- Sitting room on three split levels with fireplace
- Glass-enclosed loggia
- Kitchen includes hob, electric oven, filter coffee machine, fridge-freezer, dishwasher
- Twin bedroom with en-suite shower
- Separate WC
- Master bedroom with en-suite bathroom
- Double bedroom with en-suite shower room
- Twin bedroom (can be configured into a double if required) opens to balcony and steps down to the garden
- Twin bedroom
- Single room with steps leading to mezzanine level with small bathroom
- Shower room
- Living/dining/kitchen area opens out to loggia
- Kitchen includes hob, fridge
- Double bedroom (can be configured into a twin if required) on mezzanine level with en-suite bathroom
- Complimentary WiFi
- Smart TV
- Air-conditioning in all bedrooms
- Gated swimming pool
- Private swimming pool 16m x 9m (depth 1.20m – 2.40m)
- Terrace for outdoor dining
- Garden fenced throughout
- Washing machine
- Cook service available on request (payable locally)
- Daily maid service (3hrs per day)
- There are some drops and walls that are lower than 1m in height, so children should be supervised at all times
- In Italy, a daily tourist tax applies for the first week of your stay only, which means that an average of €1.50 per person (12+ years) may be charged. This should be paid in cash to your villa or hotel owner during your stay.
- Due to the cooler temperatures, the swimming pool will be closed from 30 September until the end of the season
Simpson family extras
- Complimentary cot and highchair available
- Car seats and booster seats can be provided at a supplement, subject to availability
- To pre-book any of our family extras please call 020 8392 5747
- All properties with WiFi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails*
* We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes due to factors beyond our control reliability can be affected.
- Check in time – 4-8pm
- Check out time – 10am
- Greve in Chianti (shops/restaurants/supermarkets) 10min drive
- Florence 1hr drive
- San Gimignano 1hr 10min drive
- Siena 1hr 20min drive
- Pisa airport 1hr 40min drive
Although this property is booked on an accommodation-only basis, we can arrange your flights for an extra charge of £25 per person, plus the cost of the flights themselves.
Below are the flight options available, including the most convenient airports in Italy to help you reach your destination as quickly and easily as possible.
|Departure airport||Airline||Flight days||Seasonality|
|London Heathrow||British Airways||Saturday||All season|
|London Gatwick||easyJet||Saturday||All season|
|London Stansted||Ryanair||Saturday||All season|
|Luton Airport||easyJet||Saturday||All season|
|East Midlands||Jet2||Saturday||June - September|
|Departure airport||Airline||Flight days||Seasonality|
|London Gatwick||Vueling||Saturday||All season|
|London City||British Airways||Saturday||All season|
|London Stansted||British Airways||Saturday||All season|
|Luton Airport||Vueling||Saturday||All season|
|Manchester||British Airways||Saturday||June - September|
|Edinburgh||British Airways||Saturday||June - October|
Although this property is booked on an accommodation-only basis, we can arrange car hire for you.
Based on the number of people travelling, the following hire car(s) are available:
- 2 guests – 1 group B, Fiat 500 or similar*
- 3 guests – 1 group C, VW Polo or similar*
- 4 guests – 1 group D, Peugeot 308 or similar*
- 5 guests – 1 group F, Fiat Tipo SW or similar*
- 6 guests – 2 group C, VW Polo or similar*
- 7 guests – 1 group C, VW Polo or similar, and 1 group D, Peugeot 308 or similar*
- 8 guests – 2 group D, Peugeot 308 or similar*
- 9 guests – 1 group D, Peugeot 308 and 1 group F, Fiat Tipo SW or similar*
- 10 guests – 2 group F, Fiat Tipo SW or similar*
- 11-12 guests – 1 group C, VW Polo and 2 group F, Fiat Tipo SW or similar*
- 13 guests – 1 group D, Peugeot 308 and 2 group F, Fiat Tipo SW or similar*
* All our cars include comprehensive insurance with zero excess. For this particular destination, the undercarriage is not included in the cover.
Group B – 1.2 litre engine, 2 medium suitcases*
Group C – 1.6 litre engine, 2 medium and 1 large suitcases*
Group D – 1.6 litre engine, 3 large suitcases*
Group F – 1.6 litre engine, 3 large and 2 small suitcases*
The following cars are available as alternatives. Please call our travel specialists for details.
Group H – Alfa Romeo Giulietta AUT or similar, 1.6 litre engine, 3 large suitcases*
Group G – BMW Gran Tourer Station Wagon or similar, 1.6 litre engine, 3 large and 2 small suitcases*
* Suitcase sizes are based on a large suitcase being approximately 75cm x 41cm x 31cm, a medium suitcase of approximately 65cm x 46cm x 29cm and a small suitcase of 55cm x 40cm x 20cm.
Villa da Vinci has total 360 degree stunning views! Whilst being fairly remote it is close to a couple of fabulous restaurants and the facilities for multiple generations or groups of friends to stay together yet have their own relaxation space was superb.
Fiona Stone – July 2019
We had a wonderful stay at beautiful Villa da Vinci which exceeded all our expectations. The location and panoramic views are stunning. The villa staff are really helpful and keep the house and gardens immaculate. We hope to return soon.
Wendy Prinn – July 2018
All in all I thought you under promised and over delivered which is always the right way round. My thanks to you all.
Mr Elliot – July 2017
Our choice of Italian properties is diverse, ranging from simple charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal.
To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
From the moment you arrive in Tuscany, you are invited to share in its grand passions and indulgent pleasures – world-famous wine, mouth-watering food and epic histories. Each of Tuscany’s ten provinces has its own unique personality, but wherever you stay, you’ll find yourself surrounded by a verdant patchwork of olive groves, cypress trees and vineyards. From the birthplace of the Renaissance, Florence, to the narrow streets of hilltop San Gimignano, Tuscany makes for a stunning escape.
To complete the picture, explore our collection of handpicked villas, boutique Simpson Hotels and charming apartments or discover our Tuscan Wandering programme to truly immerse yourself in the local culture.
View holiday Booking Conditions