In this section...
- Exceptional manor house
- Spacious and comfortable
- Set in the heart of Chianti
- Outstanding views
- Simpson family extras available
This exceptional manor house can trace its history back to the 11th century, when it served as a watchtower overlooking the disputed territories between Florence and Siena. Almost a thousand years later there is still enormous value in this prime location, which puts Villa Da Vinci within convenient reach of the great art cities of Florence, Siena and Pisa. The house has a most illustrious past, having belonged to many revered Florentine families over the centuries, and many important architectural features have been preserved as a result.
Perhaps the most appealing feature for today’s guests however is the spell-binding beauty of the surrounding landscape. Gently rolling hills clad in olive groves and vineyards stretch away into the distance, fifty shades of green interspersed with the occasional terracotta hilltop village or sinuous ‘white road’ inviting you to set out and explore. With its seven elegant bedrooms, you could happily gather friends and family and spend an unforgettable week or two enjoying Villa Da Vinci’s private pool and perfect panoramas, and the layout of the house makes it particularly suitable for groups. To make your holiday even more relaxing, breakfasts, lunches and dinners are available on request via the villa housekeeper, who lives in a separate neighbouring cottage and can provide all sorts of local information.
The local area
Villa Da Vinci is only 5km from the Greve, in the heart of the Chianti Classico wine growing region. This historic market town hosts the largest wine fair in Chianti every September and you can enjoy vineyard visits and tasting opportunities virtually all year round. For the more actively inclined, the local landscape also offers literally breathtaking hikes through the Monte San Michele Natural Park, as well as gentle strolls.
Lamole village lies 7km up the hill from the villa and has a bar, restaurant and grocery store for all your essentials. From July to September there are weekly classical concerts in its pretty Romanesque church or just visit, as many do, to enjoy the fine views and cool summer breezes afforded by the elevated position. Nearby Panzano has a popular Sunday market and restaurants owned by the internationally renowned butcher Dario Cecchini. Florence and Siena are 35km and 46km away respectively.
Stay longer… Why not extend your stay in Tuscany with 3-nights or more at the incomparable Hotel Panzano in the heart of Chianti. With so much to enjoy in this charming region, you’ll want to make the moment last. For further details and prices please call 020 8392 5858.
Explore our pre-bookable experiences in Tuscany
- 7-bedroom villa (sleeps 2-13)
- Sitting room on three split levels with fireplace
- Glass-enclosed loggia
- Dining room
- Kitchen includes hob, electric oven, filter coffee machine, fridge-freezer, dishwasher
- Twin bedroom with en-suite shower room
- Master bedroom with en-suite bathroom
- Double bedroom with en-suite shower room
- Twin bedroom (can be configured into a double if required) opens to balcony and steps down to the garden
- Twin bedroom
- Single room with steps leading to mezzanine level with small bathroom
- Shower room
- Living room, opens out to loggia
- Double bedroom (mezzanine level)
- Shower room
- Complimentary WiFi
- Smart TV
- Air-conditioning in all bedrooms
- Gated swimming pool
- Private swimming pool 16m x 9m (depth 1.20m – 2.40m)
- Terrace for outdoor dining
- Garden fenced throughout
- Washing machine
- Cook service available on request (payable locally)
- Daily maid service (3hrs per day)
- There are some drops and walls that are lower than 1m in height, so children should be supervised at all times
- In Italy, a daily tourist tax applies for the first week of your stay only, which means that an average of €1.50 per person (12+ years) may be charged. This should be paid in cash to your villa or hotel owner during your stay.
- Due to the cooler temperatures, the swimming pool will be closed from 30 September until the end of the season
Simpson family extras
- Complimentary cot and highchair available
- Car seats and booster seats can be provided at a supplement, subject to availability
- To pre-book any of the above please call 020 8392 5747
- Family favourite range of toys and games, suitable for ages 5-11
- All properties with WiFi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails*
* We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes due to factors beyond our control reliability can be affected.
- Check in time – 4-8pm
- Check out time – 10am
- Greve in Chianti (shops/restaurants/supermarkets) 10min drive
- Florence 1hr drive
- San Gimignano 1hr 10min drive
- Siena 1hr 20min drive
- Pisa airport 1hr 40min drive
Although this property is booked on an accommodation-only basis, we can arrange your flights for an extra charge of £25 per person, plus the cost of the flights themselves.
Below are the flight options available, including the most convenient airports in Italy to help you reach your destination as quickly and easily as possible.
|Departure airport||Airline||Flight days||Seasonality|
|London Heathrow||British Airways||Saturday||All season|
|London Gatwick||easyJet||Saturday||All season|
|London Stansted||Ryanair||Saturday||All season|
|Luton Airport||easyJet||Saturday||All season|
|East Midlands||Jet2||Saturday||June - September|
|Departure airport||Airline||Flight days||Seasonality|
|London Gatwick||Vueling||Saturday||All season|
|London City||British Airways||Saturday||All season|
|London Stansted||British Airways||Saturday||All season|
|Luton Airport||Vueling||Saturday||All season|
|Manchester||British Airways||Saturday||June - September|
|Edinburgh||British Airways||Saturday||June - October|
Although this property is booked on an accommodation-only basis, we can arrange car hire for you.
Based on the number of people travelling, the following hire car(s) are available:
- 2 guests – 1 group B, Fiat 500 or similar*
- 3 guests – 1 group C, VW Polo or similar*
- 4 guests – 1 group D, Peugeot 308 or similar*
- 5 guests – 1 group F, Fiat Tipo SW or similar*
- 6 guests – 2 group C, VW Polo or similar*
- 7 guests – 1 group C, VW Polo or similar, and 1 group D, Peugeot 308 or similar*
- 8 guests – 2 group D, Peugeot 308 or similar*
- 9 guests – 1 group D, Peugeot 308 and 1 group F, Fiat Tipo SW or similar*
- 10 guests – 2 group F, Fiat Tipo SW or similar*
- 11-12 guests – 1 group C, VW Polo and 2 group F, Fiat Tipo SW or similar*
- 13 guests – 1 group D, Peugeot 308 and 2 group F, Fiat Tipo SW or similar*
* All our cars include comprehensive insurance with zero excess. For this particular destination, the undercarriage is not included in the cover.
Group B – 1.2 litre engine, 2 medium suitcases*
Group C – 1.6 litre engine, 2 medium and 1 large suitcases*
Group D – 1.6 litre engine, 3 large suitcases*
Group F – 1.6 litre engine, 3 large and 2 small suitcases*
The following cars are available as alternatives. Please call our travel specialists for details.
Group H – Alfa Romeo Giulietta AUT or similar, 1.6 litre engine, 3 large suitcases*
* Suitcase sizes are based on a large suitcase being approximately 75cm x 41cm x 31cm, a medium suitcase of approximately 65cm x 46cm x 29cm and a small suitcase of 55cm x 40cm x 20cm.
We’ve had a wonderful relaxing week here at Villa da Vinci. Stefano and Edi were just lovely and the house, gardens and pool fabulous. Stefano fixed our hire car and left us a basket of his home grown fruit and salad which was much appreciated. We loved Restaurant Lamole up the hill – very friendly staff and great food. Also a lovely lunch at Vignamaggio just down the road. Monefiorelli and Panzano worth a trip and Greve of course. Sad to leave but on to another week in Florence now. We will certainly miss the 360 degree views and the beautiful grounds, it’s been truly wonderful. Thank you to the team at Simpson Travel and our rep, Amanda.
The Moon & Robertson families – August 2019
Villa da Vinci has total 360 degree stunning views! Whilst being fairly remote it is close to a couple of fabulous restaurants and the facilities for multiple generations or groups of friends to stay together yet have their own relaxation space was superb.
Fiona Stone – July 2019
A peaceful gem of a property with 360 degree views…makes for a very special stay here in Chianti. Thank you very much for letting us stay here. Edi and Stefano have been fantastic at making us feel very welcome and Simone’s food was delicious. We’d highly recommend.
Oggy, Eleanor,Matthew, Fiona & Richard – July 2019
Without doubt, this has been one of the most beautiful and relaxing places we have stayed in. A much needed week away from stress and work at home! The house itself is magnificent but we chose it primarily for the views and we weren’t disappointed. Just stunning and so many places to sit and enjoy them. Restaurant Lamole is an absolute must – wonderful views, staff and food! This villa is so central for visiting Siena, Florence and all the surrounding villages. A perfect week.
The May & Hepburn families – June 2019
I booked Villa di Vinci for the views and we weren't disappointed! There is a 360 degree view of stunning Chianti countryside and the gardens and outdoor seating areas are just wonderful. The position of the villa, equidistant from Siena and Florence and surrounded by pretty villages, makes it the perfect choice for a relaxing holiday. Would definitely recommend this stunning house.
Kate May – June 2019
Thank you for a wonderful week at your beautiful villa. We found the villa of be just perfect for our family of 10 to celebrate the lives of our Nonno and Nonna. Villa da Vinci’s location was excellent for our day trips into Florence, Siena and San Gimignano. The warmth and welcome of your staff particularly Stefano, was second to none. We loved the fresh vegetables left at our doorstep.
The Lunardellos – September 2018
Great villa, perfect location for visiting the beautiful towns and cities. Rome, San Gimignano, Radda, Siena, Florence – all worth a visit. The welcome pack and the abundance of goodies left were lovely gestures. It was more than spacious enough for our three families including 7 children. We were spoilt with the daily chef’s delights and of course the rest of the team were always on hand in a discreet yet confident manner. We will be back again very soon. A huge thank you.
The Smith, Wade & Caheny families – August 2018
What a fabulous villa and home. We’ve had a fantastic time around the pool – doing day trips – and eating endlessly on the verandas. The kids have played medieval attack games around the garden for hours. Many thanks from all of us.
Simpson Travellers – August 2018
The villa has exceeded our expectations, absolutely beautiful surrounds. Edi has been an absolute joy and the food has been great. Stefano’s vegetable garden is brilliant and produced some great salads. Simone has cooked three great meals – a definite must for Tuscan cuisine! What a nice professional guy.
The Prinn family – July 2018
Thank you for a beautiful stay that our party of 10 will never forget! The views, the facilities and the memories made created such a perfect getaway.
The Chapple, De Fraine & Shockledge families – July 2018
What a perfect place to hold this 3-week retirement celebration – a true Tuscan villa set in such idyllic surroundings. We hosted 28 assorted guests from the UK, Canada, USA, Germany, France and all had a great time. Sad to leave but the memories will stay with us. Many thanks to Edi and Stefanos for making our stay so welcome.
Peter & Vicky – June 2018
All in all I thought you under promised and over delivered which is always the right way round. My thanks to you all.
Mr Elliot – July 2017
Our choice of Italian properties is diverse, ranging from simple charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal.
To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
From the moment you arrive in Tuscany, you are invited to share in its grand passions and indulgent pleasures – world-famous wine, mouth-watering food and epic histories. Each of Tuscany’s ten provinces has its own unique personality, but wherever you stay, you’ll find yourself surrounded by a verdant patchwork of olive groves, cypress trees and vineyards. From the birthplace of the Renaissance, Florence, to the narrow streets of hilltop San Gimignano, Tuscany makes for a stunning escape.
Explore our pre-bookable experiences in Tuscany
View holiday Booking Conditions