In this section...
- Beautifully restored farm house
- Stunning panoramic views
- Heated pool
- Short drive to Radda in Chianti
It’s an undeniable fact that the Italians know how to enjoy life: good food, great wine and quality time with the people who matter – and that’s what this fondly restored three-bedroom farmhouse is all about. Facing south and with views you could lose yourself in, it’s a dream of a location in the hills around Radda in Chianti and right in the centre of the Golden Triangle of Florence, San Gimignano and Siena, which are all about an hour’s drive away.
However, before you go exploring, there’s much to be enjoyed in and around your comfortable villa. It’s a typical wooden-beamed, terracotta-tiled Tuscan home with a fair few contemporary flourishes too, including the pretty pastels of the living-dining area and bedrooms and the still-or- sparkling chilled water filter in the well-equipped kitchen.
For anyone who likes a sense of their own space, there’s an en-suite twin room downstairs with doors opening out into the lovely garden. The master bedroom, with a whirlpool bath, and a smaller double with wonderful views are upstairs. All the bathrooms have a shower too. And before you slide contentedly into bed, the Jacuzzi and sauna add the finishing touches to total relaxation.
Outside, a well-kept lawn rises up behind the house and leads to the swimming pool, which is heated in the cooler months and has a covered seating area for escaping the sun. It’s an outside space made for living in, with a summer kitchen, wood-burning barbecue and covered dining area that’s perfect for balmy evenings spent in the company of a Chianti Classico – the fruits of an afternoon tasting session in one of the area’s many boutique wineries.
While getting out and about may mean simply borrowing one of the villa’s five mountain bikes, it can also be a cultural adventure, starting with Radda in Chianti, about a 15-minute drive away. This walled medieval town was the capital of Chianti, now it’s a wonderful place to catch a summer festival with music, dancing and, of course, more of that excellent local food and wine.
If Tuscany is still unfamiliar holiday territory, the iconic trinity of Florence, Siena and San Gimignano should be on your list. Each is a cultural treasure, where visitors gather round the main squares to drink coffee and people watch, sit down to world-famous cuisine, dip into upmarket boutiques or disappear into the cool interiors of museums and galleries where centuries of art and history unfold before your eyes. And all this is just part of what makes Chianti such a wonderful place to stay.
- 3 bedroom villa (sleeps 2-6)
- Open-plan living/dining/kitchen area with flat screen Satellite TV with DVD/CD player
- Kitchen includes gas hob, electric oven, still and sparkling water dispenser, microwave, fridge-freezer, dishwasher
- Twin bedroom (beds can be configured into a double on request) with en-suite bathroom and separate shower; door leads to a gravel area with the garden beyond
- Shower room with WC
- Laundry/ironing room with washing machine, tumble dryer, iron, ironing board
- Master bedroom (bed can be configured into twin beds on request) with en-suite bathroom and separate shower
- Double bedroom, leads to Spa
- Bathroom with separate shower
- Spa with Jacuzzi, Sauna, outdoor cold shower
- Access to the garden from the Spa
- Complimentary WiFi
- Air-conditioned bedrooms
- Flat screen TVs in all bedrooms
- Bath and pool towels provided
- 4 mountain bikes available
- Fully equipped summer kitchen includes microwave, filter coffee machine, small fridge, dishwasher and a small flat screen TV
- Private heated swimming pool 12m x 6m (depth 1.4m throughout), electrically operated thermal cover
- A daily tourist tax applies for the first week of your stay only, which means that an average of €1.50 per person (12+ years) may be charged. This should be paid in cash during your stay.
- All properties with WiFi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails*
* We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes due to factors beyond our control reliability can be affected.
- Radda in Chianti (shops/restaurants/bar) 13min drive
- Panzano in Chianti 25min drive
- Castellina in Chianti 30min drive
- Greve in Chianti 35min drive
- Siena 1hr drive
- San Gimignano 1hr 10min drive
- Florence 1hr 10min drive
- Pisa airport 1hr 45min drive
Our choice of Italian properties is diverse, ranging from simple charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal.
To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
Tuscany gives you permission to indulge in life’s simple pleasures – world-famous wine, indulgent food and hours consumed by epic histories. Each of Tuscany’s ten provinces has its own unique personality, but wherever you stay, you’ll find yourself surrounded by a verdant patchwork of olive groves, cypress trees and vineyards. From the birthplace of the Renaissance, Florence, to the narrow streets of hilltop San Gimignano, Tuscany makes for a stunning escape.
View holiday Booking Conditions