In this section...
- Beautifully restored farm house
- Stunning panoramic views
- Heated pool
- Simpson family extras available
- Short drive to Radda in Chianti
It’s an undeniable fact that the Italians know how to enjoy life: good food, great wine and quality time with the people who matter – and that’s what this fondly restored three-bedroom farmhouse is all about. Facing south and with views you could lose yourself in, it’s a dream of a location in the hills around Radda in Chianti and right in the centre of the Golden Triangle of Florence, San Gimignano and Siena, which are all about an hour’s drive away.
However, before you go exploring, there’s much to be enjoyed in and around your comfortable villa. It’s a typical wooden-beamed, terracotta-tiled Tuscan home with a fair few contemporary flourishes too, including the pretty pastels of the living-dining area and bedrooms and the still-or-sparkling chilled water filter in the well-equipped kitchen.
For anyone who likes a sense of their own space, there’s an en-suite twin room downstairs with doors opening out into the lovely garden. The master bedroom, with a whirlpool bath, and a smaller double with wonderful views are upstairs. All the bathrooms have a shower too. And before you slide contentedly into bed, the Jacuzzi and sauna add the finishing touches to total relaxation.
Outside, a well-kept lawn rises up behind the house and leads to the swimming pool, which is heated in the cooler months and has a covered seating area for escaping the sun. It’s an outside space made for living in, with a summer kitchen, wood-burning barbecue and covered dining area that’s perfect for balmy evenings spent in the company of a Chianti Classico – the fruits of an afternoon tasting session in one of the area’s many boutique wineries.
While getting out and about may mean simply borrowing one of the villa’s mountain bikes, it can also be a cultural adventure, starting with Radda in Chianti, about a 15-minute drive away. This walled medieval town was the capital of Chianti, now it’s a wonderful place to catch a summer festival with music, dancing and, of course, more of that excellent local food and wine.
If Tuscany is still unfamiliar holiday territory, the iconic trinity of Florence, Siena and San Gimignano should be on your list. Each is a cultural treasure, where visitors gather round the main squares to drink coffee and people watch, sit down to world-famous cuisine, dip into upmarket boutiques or disappear into the cool interiors of museums and galleries where centuries of art and history unfold before your eyes. And all this is just part of what makes Chianti such a wonderful place to stay.
- 3 bedroom villa (sleeps 2-6)
- Open-plan living/dining/kitchen area with flat screen Satellite TV with DVD/CD player
- Kitchen includes gas hob, electric oven, still and sparkling water dispenser, microwave, fridge-freezer, dishwasher
- Twin bedroom (beds can be configured into a double on request) with en-suite bathroom and separate shower; door leads to a gravel area with the garden beyond
- Shower room with WC
- Laundry/ironing room with washing machine, tumble dryer, iron, ironing board
- Master bedroom (bed can be configured into twin beds on request) with en-suite bathroom and separate shower
- Double bedroom, leads to Spa
- Bathroom with separate shower
- Spa with Jacuzzi, Sauna, outdoor cold shower
- Access to the garden from the Spa
- Complimentary WiFi
- Air-conditioned bedrooms
- Flat screen TVs in all bedrooms
- Bath and pool towels provided
- 6 adult and 2 children's mountain bikes available
- Fully equipped summer kitchen includes microwave, filter coffee machine, small fridge, dishwasher and a small flat screen TV
- Private heated gated swimming pool 12m x 6m (depth 1.4m throughout), electrically operated thermal cover
- Gated swimming pool
- A daily tourist tax applies for the first week of your stay only, which means that an average of €1.50 per person (12+ years) may be charged. This should be paid in cash during your stay.
Simpson family extras
- Complimentary cot and highchair available
- Car seats and booster seats can be provided at a supplement, subject to availability
- To pre-book any of our family extras please call 020 8392 5747
- All properties with WiFi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails*
* We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes due to factors beyond our control reliability can be affected.
- Check in time – 4-8pm
- Check out time – 10am
- Radda in Chianti (shops/restaurants/bar) 13min drive
- Panzano in Chianti 25min drive
- Castellina in Chianti 30min drive
- Greve in Chianti 35min drive
- Siena 1hr drive
- San Gimignano 1hr 10min drive
- Florence 1hr 10min drive
- Pisa airport 1hr 45min drive
Although this property is booked on an accommodation-only basis, we can arrange your flights for an extra charge of £25 per person, plus the cost of the flights themselves.
Below are the flight options available, including the most convenient airports in Italy to help you reach your destination as quickly and easily as possible.
|Departure airport||Airline||Flight days||Seasonality|
|London Heathrow||British Airways||Saturday||All season|
|London Gatwick||easyJet||Saturday||All season|
|London Stansted||Ryanair||Saturday||All season|
|Luton Airport||easyJet||Saturday||All season|
|East Midlands||Jet2||Saturday||June - September|
|Departure airport||Airline||Flight days||Seasonality|
|London Gatwick||Vueling||Saturday||All season|
|London City||British Airways||Saturday||All season|
|London Stansted||British Airways||Saturday||All season|
|Luton Airport||Vueling||Saturday||All season|
|Manchester||British Airways||Saturday||June - September|
|Edinburgh||British Airways||Saturday||June - October|
Although this property is booked on an accommodation-only basis, we can arrange car hire for you.
Based on the number of people travelling, the following hire car(s) are available:
- 2 guests – 1 group B, Fiat 500 or similar*
- 3 guests – 1 group C, VW Polo or similar*
- 4 guests – 1 group D, Peugeot 308 or similar*
- 5 guests – 1 group F, Fiat Tipo SW or similar*
- 6 guests – 2 group C, VW Polo or similar*
* All our cars include comprehensive insurance with zero excess. For this particular destination, the undercarriage is not included in the cover.
Group B – 1.2 litre engine, 2 medium suitcases*
Group C – 1.6 litre engine, 2 medium and 1 large suitcases*
Group D – 1.6 litre engine, 3 large suitcases*
Group F – 1.6 litre engine, 3 large and 2 small suitcases*
The following cars are available as alternatives on request. Please call our travel specialists for details.
Group H – Alfa Romeo Giulietta AUT or similar, 1.6 litre engine, 3 large suitcases*
Group G – BMW Gran Tourer Station Wagon or similar, 1.6 litre engine, 3 large and 2 small suitcases*
* Suitcase sizes are based on a large suitcase being approximately 75cm x 41cm x 31cm, a medium suitcase of approximately 65cm x 46cm x 29cm and a small suitcase of 55cm x 40cm x 20cm.
This was either the third or fourth time we have stayed in one of your villas. Authenticity is a rare commodity in the travel business. The hopes so easily aroused as you thumb through glossy and misleading photographs under leaden British skies seldom survive contact with reality. But not so with Simpson Travel. When you say something's nice, it REALLY is nice. You understand the elements of holiday magic better than anyone else I have come across: how to bring out the individuality of your various locations, take us a little closer to understanding what makes them beautiful and coax us out of our settled way of looking at life. For all of which, much thanks. You will be our first port of call when we plan our next holiday. Amanda and Karola could not, incidentally, have been nicer or more helpful.
Chris Pagget – September 2018
We had a lovely week in Tuscany. The villa was perfect for our needs and we enjoyed relaxing by the pool in the great weather. Time spent in Radda and Greve was interesting and enjoyable. Thank you for the welcome pack which was a great help.
Michael & Allison – September 2018
What a beautiful location. So perfectly placed to visit some key spots. Highly recommend a visit to San Gimignano, Sienna and Montepulciano, all within 1 hour – 1hour 20 minutes’ drive through beautiful country roads. Had a lovely last night meal at Botte del Bacco and Via Oslria was lovely too. Enjoy your stay and thanks to Allenandio and Karola.
Jenny & Paul – September 2018
Colto dei Pallanti is a beautiful villa in a gorgeous part of Tuscany. We loved the fact that we had access to mountain bikes, and the boys loved the pool and table tennis. As for the view… Our particular highlights were Radda in Chianti which is lovely – a great setting and decent restaurants. We were lucky enough to be in Siena for the Palio di Siena. We saw the warm up three days before. Siena is a beautiful place and well worth the visit. The Florence walking tour was excellent, very interesting even for my 7 and 12-year-olds. Castello di Albola vineyard could not be closer – the wine tour took two hours and was interesting and led to a few purchases! Monteriggioni is charming.
David G – August 2018
Colto dei Pallanti is in a great location and is a well-furnished and comfortable villa. We loved the gardens and views, and enjoyed several meals in Radda. We loved visiting the villages in the lovely countryside around. We enjoyed Castello di Brolio, an impressive castle with 360° views and the abbey Badia a Coltibuono. We had brilliant assistance from Amanda, the Simpson Travel representative, and also the villa owner, Alessandro.
Gill & John Richards & Ian Campbell – June 2018
Our choice of Italian properties is diverse, ranging from simple charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal.
To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
From the moment you arrive in Tuscany, you are invited to share in its grand passions and indulgent pleasures – world-famous wine, mouth-watering food and epic histories. Each of Tuscany’s ten provinces has its own unique personality, but wherever you stay, you’ll find yourself surrounded by a verdant patchwork of olive groves, cypress trees and vineyards. From the birthplace of the Renaissance, Florence, to the narrow streets of hilltop San Gimignano, Tuscany makes for a stunning escape.
To complete the picture, explore our collection of handpicked villas, boutique Simpson Hotels and charming apartments or discover our Tuscan Wandering programme to truly immerse yourself in the local culture.
View holiday Booking Conditions