In this section...
- Charming hillside villa
- Classic Tuscan views
- Outdoor kitchen with barbecue and pizza oven
- 2min drive to Castelfiorentino
Early bird offer... Many of our 2022 holidays are now on sale and we're promising this year's prices when you book before 30 June 2021. The offer only applies to properties where 2022 prices are listed but all other properties can still be reserved online using our Advance Registration scheme.
Enjoying a charming spot in the hills close to Castelfiorentino, Casa Papa exudes relaxed Tuscan living and enjoys a lovely flow between its homely interiors and the well-kept gardens which are such a feature of the property. The comfortable open-plan living area on the upper level leads directly onto a covered veranda complete with outdoor kitchen, barbecue and pizza oven; a blissfully private spot to enjoy a leisurely lunch or dinner. There are further options for alfresco lounging and dining in the gardens, on the upper terrace and down by the inviting pool below, both designed to make the most of the enchanting views across this iconic landscape. Two bedrooms and a bathroom on the lower level complete the picture of this appealingly simple Italian home; perfectly suited to families or two couples travelling together.
Casa Papa is wonderfully placed for exploring the region’s world-famous highlights, including the medieval walled town of San Gimignano, a 30-minute drive from the property. Florence and Siena can be accessed by road or rail, with a direct train service available just 5-minutes’ drive from the property, and Pisa is also easily reached in under an hour. Closer to home, pretty Castelfiorentino is home to a small selection of bars and restaurants and everything needed for day to day living. In the fourth week of May, it plays host to the annual In/Canti & Banchi Festival, when the streets bustle with performers’ exhibitions and antique markets; well-worth a visit if you are lucky enough to be resident at this time.
- 2-bedroom villa (sleeps 2-4)
- Living/dining/kitchen area with oven, hob, microwave, fridge-freezer, dishwasher
- Shower room with WC
- Double bedroom
- Twin bedroom (can be converted into a double on request)
- Shower room with WC
- Complimentary WiFi
- Air-conditioning throughout
- Iron, ironing board, hairdryer
- Simpson Travel pool towels
- Barbecue and pizza oven
- Outside shaded dining and seating area with kitchen work surface and sink
- Washing machine outside (under covered area)
- Private swimming pool 9m x 4m (depth 1.25m throughout), accessed via steps, pre-fabricated and partially sunk into the ground
- Electric gates and steep concrete driveway leads up to villa
- Our Covid-19 pledge means your holiday is fully protected. However, there may be special conditions surrounding flexible booking at this property. For further details, please visit: /covid-pledge-flexible-booking.
- All properties with WiFi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails. We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes, due to factors beyond our control, reliability can be affected.
- Castelfiorentino 15min walk, no pavement or lighting
- Nearest restaurant 3min drive
- Train station (trains to Florence and Siena) 5min drive
- San Gimignano 30min drive
- Siena 55min drive
- Pisa airport 55min drive
- Florence 1hr drive
- Castiglioncello (beach) 1hr 30min drive
This property is priced on an accommodation-only basis. To view details of recommended flights please click here.
We are happy to arrange your car hire, using one of our trusted local suppliers. Choose to collect your car at the airport or use our taxi transfer service and find your hire car waiting at the villa; please ask us about options and prices. All hire cars booked with us include:
- Fully inclusive insurance, with zero excess*
- Free additional driver
When you book your car with us, we'll also make sure the paperwork is done in advance, leaving you free to simply check and sign for the vehicle when you arrive. For further information regarding travel arrangements click here.
* For this particular destination, the undercarriage is not included in the cover.
- 2 guests – 1 group B, Fiat 500 or similar
- 3 guests – 1 group C, VW Polo or similar
- 4 guests – 1 group D, Peugeot 308 or similar
- 5 guests – 1 group F, Automatic BMW Series 2 Gran Tourer Station Wagon or similar
- 6 guests – 2 group C, VW Polo or similar
- 7 guests – 1 group C, VW Polo or similar, and 1 group D, Peugeot 308 or similar
- 8 guests – 2 group D, Peugeot 308 or similar
- 9 guests – 1 group D, Peugeot 308 and 1 group F, Automatic BMW Series 2 Gran Tourer Station Wagon or similar
- 10 guests – 2 group F, Automatic BMW Series 2 Gran Tourer Station Wagon or similar
- 11-12 guests – 1 group C, VW Polo and 2 group F, Automatic BMW Series 2 Gran Tourer Station Wagon or similar
- 13-14 guests – 1 group D, Peugeot 308 and 2 group F, Automatic BMW Series 2 Gran Tourer Station Wagon or similar
Group B – 1.2 litre engine, 2 medium suitcases*
Group C – 1.6 litre engine, 2 medium and 1 large suitcases*
Group D – 1.6 litre engine, 3 large suitcases*
Group F – 1.6 litre engine, 3 large and 2 small suitcases*
Group H – 1.6 litre engine, 3 large suitcases*
* Suitcase sizes are based on a large suitcase being approximately 75cm x 41cm x 31cm, a medium suitcase of approximately 65cm x 46cm x 29cm and a small suitcase of 55cm x 40cm x 20cm.
Our choice of Italian properties is diverse, ranging from simple charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal.
To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* * For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
From the moment you arrive in Tuscany, you are invited to share in its grand passions and indulgent pleasures – world-famous wine, mouth-watering food and epic histories. Each of Tuscany’s ten provinces has its own unique personality, but wherever you stay, you’ll find yourself surrounded by a verdant patchwork of olive groves, cypress trees and vineyards. From the birthplace of the Renaissance, Florence, to the narrow streets of hilltop San Gimignano, Tuscany makes for a stunning escape.
Explore our pre-bookable experiences in Tuscany
View holiday Booking Conditions