In this section...
- Simpson Exclusive
- Classic Tuscan views
- Elegant décor
- Heated swimming pool
- Panzano village location
2024 Holidays... 2023 Prices
Many of our 2024 holidays are now priced online and with our early bird promise, you can enjoy December 2022 prices when you book by December 2023. Where prices are not yet showing, please use Advance Registration to reserve your holiday. View Price Freeze Terms & Conditions here.
At the heart of one of Chianti’s most sought-after villages, offering the charm and privacy of a rural idyll with views across a landscape so iconic it’s hard to pick a highlight, Villa Petraia’s enviable location is unbeatable. From within the walled gardens of this magical home you can see for miles over a timeless panorama of green, ochre and bronze showcasing the very best of this most celebrated part of Italy. Enjoying the rare privilege of an uninterrupted outlook across the Chianti countryside, yet just a moment’s walk from the centre of Panzano, Villa Petraia’s setting is outstanding. The swimming pool and sun-warmed terraces enjoy the dreamy spectacle of orderly vineyards and ancient olive groves, giving the villa an evocative, faraway feel. Yet just beyond the seclusion of the grounds, the small medieval town of Panzano is home to a modest but first-class selection of wine bars, shops and restaurants, attracting an illustrious clientele. Thanks to Dario Cecchini, renowned restaurateur and celebrity butcher who counts Jamie Oliver amongst his most enthusiastic fans, this endearing village is the talk of Tuscany.
Just like its Medici palace namesake near Florence, Villa Petraia has undergone its own personal renaissance or two, having served as a restaurant for travellers between Florence and Siena, and as a private home before being rescued by current owner Christine. Her sympathetic renovation has produced an absolute gem, grand enough not to be outshone by the magnificent surroundings, yet sufficiently understated to create an atmosphere of easy calm. The colours are muted, the style is classic and comfort is the order of the day, with five elegant suites and an abundance of generous living space both inside and out. There’s a small library if you feel like reading up about the local area, or for a more hands-on approach, it’s just a short walk to the nearest vineyard for a tour and a tasting. Perfect for friends, a family group or a special occasion, the sense of space here is a joy, made even more pleasurable by the delights of Panzano village on the doorstep. Long lunches and cordial candlelit dinners on the terrace, in the shadow of the magnificent Beech tree, have a romantic cinematic feel and dining in holds even greater appeal thanks to the professional standard kitchen, a paradise for cooks and perfect if you wish to book a private chef.
A meal at one of the Cecchini restaurants is a must and though the world class wines and authentically local cuisine may keep you firmly tied to Panzano, Petraia’s position halfway between Florence and Siena makes both towns accessible for a rewarding day trip. The enchanting hilltop villages of Greve, Radda, Volpaia and Castellina are all a 15 to 20-minute car journey away and UNESCO listed San Gimignano can be reached in under half an hour.
This exclusive villa attracts guests seeking a truly Tuscan experience. It’s an authentic haven, perfect for blissful relaxation, gourmet indulgence and a master class in the fine art of Italian living. Curl up with a book while the youngsters play by the pool, enjoy a walk through the exceptional landscape, immerse yourself in the local culture or visit some of the country’s most revered towns and cities; however you choose to spend your days we promise you this – you’ll wish there were more of them.
A number of pre-bookable experiences are available at Villa Petraia. Find out more here.
- Open plan living/dining area
- Professional Kitchen includes electric oven, 5-ring gas hob, grill, fridges, freezer, dishwasher
- Wine cellar - open for viewing on request
- Double bedroom with en-suite shower room and private terrace
- Double bedroom with en-suite shower room (can be converted into twin beds on request, due to double headboard beds will remain adjacent)
- Double bedroom with en-suite shower room (can be converted into twin beds on request)
- Double bedroom with en-suite shower room
- Double bedroom with en-suite shower room
- Complimentary WiFi
- Air-conditioning (bedrooms only)
- Tea and coffee making facilities with mini-fridge in each bedroom
- Simpson pool towels provided
- Iron, ironing board, hairdryer in each bedroom
- Laundry service available (payable locally)
- Light daily clean (washing up not included)
- Breakfast, light lunches and dinners available on request (payable locally)
- Honesty bar
- Outdoor dining area
- Heated private swimming pool 10m x 5m (depth 1.5m throughout) with guaranteed minimum temperature of 25°C
- Free parking available 1-minute walk away
- In Italy, a daily tourist tax applies for the first two weeks of your stay only, which means that an average of €1.50 per person may be charged. This should be paid in cash to your villa or hotel owner during your stay.
- No children under 6 years of age due to low terrace walls
- All properties with WiFi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails. We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes due to factors beyond our control reliability can be affected.
- Panzano in Chianti (shops/restaurants/cafés) 1min walk
- Greve in Chianti 15min drive
- Radda in Chianti 20min drive
- Castellina in Chianti 25min drive
- Siena 1hr drive
- Florence 1hr drive
- San Gimignano 1hr drive
- Florence airport 1hr drive
- Pisa airport 1hr 30min drive
- Bologna airport 1hr 45min drive
This property is priced on an accommodation-only basis. To view details of recommended flights please click here.
We are happy to arrange your car hire in Italy; please click here to view options and prices. All hire cars booked with us include:
- Fully inclusive insurance, with zero excess*
- Free additional driver
For further information regarding travel arrangements click here.
* For this particular destination, the undercarriage is not included in the cover.
We all loved our holiday at stunning Villa mark9c1meu9d0" Petraia. The terraces and pool look out at the most amazing view across an uninterrupted Tuscan landscape of vines, cypress trees and hilltop-perching terracotta houses. The house is beautiful, the bedroom suites spacious and comfortable, and the welcome from Christine and John very warm. Panzano is a lovely little place with everything you might need from a takeaway pizza to mosquito coils, from world-class steaks to delicious local wines, and there are several friendly cafes and a bustling Sunday market.
We are the luckiest people in Panzano! To be the first to stay in this amazing home in this magical village will be our eternal delight! This will be the first of many visits to see Panzano again but more to see Christine, John, Leandra, Lorenzo, Dario…and all of the amazing people of the village that made us all so welcome. We have had the time of our lives. We will miss you…until next time!
Wonderful villa in the heart of Panzano. Christine and John were amazing hosts. We had a lovely time.
Our choice of Italian properties is diverse, ranging from simple charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal.
To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* * For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
From the moment you arrive in Tuscany, you are invited to share in its grand passions and indulgent pleasures – world-famous wine, mouth-watering food and epic histories. Each of Tuscany’s ten provinces has its own unique personality, but wherever you stay, you’ll find yourself surrounded by a verdant patchwork of olive groves, cypress trees and vineyards. From the birthplace of the Renaissance, Florence, to the narrow streets of hilltop San Gimignano, Tuscany makes for a stunning escape.
Explore our pre-bookable experiences in Tuscany
BookingMultiple.mustache file to be converted
Every Simpson Exclusive Villa includes our complimentary Concierge Service, designed to make your holiday experience as relaxing and seamless as possible.
It includes our dedicated pre-departure services to help you plan the details of your trip before you leave the UK, from the logistics of your journey to the personal requests that will make your time away truly magical.
Drawing on our experience and extensive local knowledge, we will do our utmost to accommodate any feasible request.
However, as a minimum, we can arrange:
- UK airport hotels and parking
- UK airport lounge access
- Private chef service
- Grocery shopping and delivery
- Restaurant recommendations and reservations
- In-villa massage and beauty treatments
- Boat hire and excursions
- Private jets
Once you reach your destination, our local Concierge will be on hand to offer any further advice or assistance.
View holiday Booking Conditions