In this section...
- Quiet and peaceful country retreat
- Flexible accommodation for families or group of friends
- Spectacular views
- Short driving distance to Pienza
Surrounded by the golden fields of the Val d’Orcia, Villa Privata offers the beauty and charm of tradition on a grand scale, from its terracotta-tiled floors to its wooden-beamed ceilings. A stay here is an immersive experience, set between colour-washed walls and antique wooden furniture, that captures the spirit of Tuscany – and, being near Pienza, you’re also perfectly located to go exploring.
A comfortable, flexible base for families or couples travelling together, this substantial villa is divided into two self-contained and entirely separate halves, each with their own entrance, living room and generous kitchen: a must in a destination that loves its food like Tuscany! All the bedrooms are en-suite: five doubles, two with a large spa bath, and two singles, plus an extra double that could be turned into a twin.
You’ll have the same glorious sense of space outside too. There’s a 24-metre pool filled with skin-friendly salt water, one end of which leads into the building itself, and a dining terrace and barbecue so you can make the most of the summer sun and those incredible views – the same breathtaking panorama on display from hilltop Pienza just a 12-minute drive away. The town was designed to Renaissance standards of perfection and its impressive main square, surrounded by a palace, cathedral and the City Hall, has World Heritage status.
The pretty village of Bagno Vignoni is about 20 minutes away by car. An important stop-off for pilgrims following the Via Francigena to Rome, it’s now a place for long walks and enjoying the natural thermal springs that bubble up there. For about 25 euros per person, you can also spend a day soaking in them at the elegant Posta Marcucci Hotel, part of our Tuscan Wandering programme, or head to Bagni S. Filippo where natural pools in the woods make for a magical day out.
The twin epicentres of exceptional local wine, Montalcino and Montepulciano, are both around 30 minutes away and flowing with the flavoursome reds that the area is famous for. Or drive for an hour and you’ll reach Siena, home to the famous twice-yearly Palio, or the impressively scenic Lake Trasimeno in Umbria.
- 8 bedroom villa sleeps (sleeps up to 14)
Right wing ground floor
- Separate kitchen includes gas hob, electric oven, filter coffee machine, microwave, fridge-freezer, dishwasher
- Steps down to living room with fireplace; doors open to patio with seating area
- Double bedroom with fireplace with en-suite shower room
- Double bedroom (bed can be configured into twin beds on request) with en-suite bathroom and separate shower
- Double bedroom with en-suite bathroom with Jacuzzi bath
- Single bedroom with en-suite shower room; doors open to garden
Left wing ground floor
- Living room with TV
- Separate kitchen includes gas hob, 2 electric ovens, filter coffee machine, fridge-freezer, dishwasher
- Steps down to dining room with fireplace
- Double bedroom; doors opens to the garden
- Shower room
- Mezzanine level with single bedroom with en-suite shower room
- Double bedroom with en-suite bathroom with Jacuzzi bath
- Double bedroom with en-suite shower room
- Complimentary WiFi
- Air-conditioned throughout
- Daily maid service
- Iron, ironing board, hairdryer, bath and pool towels provided
- Cook service and cooking classes (available on request and payable locally)
- Massage treatments and personal trainer (available on request and payable locally)
- Pool facilities include bathroom and WC
- Private swimming pool 24m x 4m (depth 1.50m throughout)
- Children to be supervised at all times (some low windows and steep steps)
- A daily tourist tax applies for the first week of your stay only, which means that an average of €1.50 per person (12+ years) may be charged. This should be paid in cash during your stay.
- All properties with WiFi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails*
* We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes due to factors beyond our control reliability can be affected.
- Check in time – 4-8pm
- Check out time – 10am
- Pienza (shops/bars/restaurants) 12min drive
- San Quirico d’Orcia (shops/restaurants) 15min drive
- Bagno Vignoni 25min drive
- Montalcino 25min drive
- Montepulciano 30min drive
- Siena 1hr drive
- Arezzo 1hr 10min drive
- Perugia airport 1hr 30min drive
- Pisa airport 2hr 30min drive
Although this property is booked on an accommodation-only basis, we can arrange car hire for you.
Based on the number of people travelling, the following hire car(s) are available:
- 2 guests – 1 group B, Fiat 500 or similar*
- 3 guests – 1 group C, VW Polo or similar*
- 4 guests – 1 group D, Peugeot 308 or similar*
- 5 guests – 1 group F, Fiat Tipo SW or similar*
- 6 guests – 2 group C, VW Polo or similar*
- 7 guests – 1 group C, VW Polo or similar, and 1 group D, Peugeot 308 or similar*
- 8 guests – 2 group D, Peugeot 308 or similar*
- 9 guests – 1 group D, Peugeot 308 and 1 group F, Fiat Tipo SW or similar*
- 10 guests – 2 group F, Fiat Tipo SW or similar*
- 11-12 guests – 1 group C, VW Polo and 2 group F, Fiat Tipo SW or similar*
- 13-14 guests – 1 group D, Peugeot 308 and 2 group F, Fiat Tipo SW or similar*
* All our cars include comprehensive insurance with zero excess. For this particular destination, the undercarriage is not included in the cover.
Group B – 1.2 litre engine, 2 medium suitcases*
Group C – 1.6 litre engine, 2 medium and 1 large suitcases*
Group D – 1.6 litre engine, 3 large suitcases*
Group F – 1.6 litre engine, 3 large and 2 small suitcases*
The following cars are available as alternatives. Please call our travel specialists for details.
Group E – Peugeot 308 AUT or similar, 1.6 litre engine, 3 large suitcases*
Group G – BMW 7 seater Gran Tourer Station Wagon or similar, 1.6 litre engine, 3 large and 2 small suitcases*
* Suitcase sizes are based on a large suitcase being approximately 75cm x 41cm x 31cm, a medium suitcase of approximately 65cm x 46cm x 29cm and a small suitcase of 55cm x 40cm x 20cm.
Our choice of Italian properties is diverse, ranging from simple charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal.
To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
From the moment you arrive in Tuscany, you are invited to share in its grand passions and indulgent pleasures – world-famous wine, mouth-watering food and epic histories. Each of Tuscany’s ten provinces has its own unique personality, but wherever you stay, you’ll find yourself surrounded by a verdant patchwork of olive groves, cypress trees and vineyards. From the birthplace of the Renaissance, Florence, to the narrow streets of hilltop San Gimignano, Tuscany makes for a stunning escape.
To complete the picture, explore our collection of handpicked villas, boutique Simpson Hotels and charming apartments or discover our Tuscan Wandering programme to truly immerse yourself in the local culture.
View holiday Booking Conditions