In this section...
- Stylish and contemporary villa
- Private heated swimming pool
- Views across to Calvi Citadel and coast
- Calvi 20min walk
2024 Holidays... 2023 Prices
Many of our 2024 holidays are now priced online and with our early bird promise, you can enjoy December 2022 prices when you book by December 2023. Where prices are not yet showing, please use Advance Registration to reserve your holiday. View Price Freeze Terms & Conditions here.
Five-bedroom Villa Sottu is light, bright and generously proportioned, with giant picture windows and plenty of user-friendly living space opening out onto an enticing pool terrace with spectacular views towards Calvi.
Thoughtful design, an open-plan layout and comfortable furnishings ensure a relaxing stay and the easy flow between inside and out only adds to the appeal. Four of the five bedrooms are en-suite; two doubles on the ground floor lead onto the expansive pool terrace and a further three bedrooms on the lower level enjoy access to a second terrace complete with table football, darts and a swing seat - always popular with younger guests.
It’s unusual to find such a luxurious property within walking distance of Calvi’s renowned quay-side restaurants, impressive Citadel and popular crescent-shaped beach but a 20-minute stroll, or 5-minute drive, puts you at the heart of the action. Neighbouring Villa Sopra enjoys the same privileged position and beautiful views across the bay; particularly magical at dusk, as the sun drops behind the rosy-gold peaks of the Balagne and the lights of Calvi announce that it’s time for a glass of something chilled and refreshing.
Villa Sottu is ideal for a larger group or two families travelling together and can be rented individually or with Villa Sopra to create the ultimate Corsican house party. However you choose to enjoy this lovely spot, you couldn’t be better placed to experience the beauty, history, culture and gourmet delights of the region.
- 5 bedroom villa (sleeps 2-10)
- Open-plan living/dining/kitchen area with doors to pool terrace
- Kitchen includes hob, oven, fridge, freezer, microwave, two dishwashers, Magimix Senseo and filter coffee machine
- Double bedroom (160 x 200cm bed) with doors to pool terrace and en-suite shower room/WC
- Double bedroom (160 x 200cm bed) with doors to pool terrace and en-suite shower room
- Double bedroom (160 x 200cm bed) with doors to lower terrace and en-suite shower room/WC
- Double bedroom (160 x 200cm bed) with doors to lower terrace
- Bunk bedroom with doors to lower terrace (lower bunk 120 x 190cm, upper bunk 90 x 190cm)
- Shower room
- Complimentary WiFi
- Air-conditioned throughout
- Iron, ironing board, pool and bath towels provided
- Table football and dart board
- Utility room with washing machine and tumble dryer
- Swing seat
- Private swimming pool 8m x 4m (depth 1.1m) with electric cover
- Pool can be heated outside of July and August at a charge of £170 per week
- Private chef available on request (payable locally)
- Mid-week cleaning available at a supplement of £120
- Mid-week linen and towel change available at a supplement of £250
- Please note, a deposit of 30% of the villa price is required at the time of booking (plus full cost of flights for package holidays)
- All properties with WiFi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails. We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes due to factors beyond our control reliability can be affected.
- Check-in time – 5pm
- Check-out time – 10am
- Calvi town/beach 20min walk or 5min drive
- Calvi airport 10min drive
- Bastia airport 1hr 45min drive
This property is priced on an accommodation-only basis. To view details of recommended flights please click here.
We are happy to arrange your car hire in Corsica; please click here to view options and prices. All hire cars booked with us include:
- Fully inclusive insurance, with zero excess*
- Free additional driver
For further information regarding travel arrangements click here.
* For this particular destination, the undercarriage is not included in the cover.
We loved the villa – so much space (for 2 of us!). The views and sunrises were amazing and there is so much to see and do in the area. We did a lovely walk to the lighthouse, which is worth the effort. The villages are a must. Thank you Debbie for all your suggestions!
Debbie Clover was excellent, extremely helpful, who went above and beyond the normal service expected. Debbie arranged takeaway Pizzas and delivered them to the Villa so we had some food after our delayed arrival late Saturday night. She was very informative and helped with places to eat and things to do which made our holiday very enjoyable. The Villa was amazing, with all the mod cons, private pool, incredible views of Calvi, excellent facilities and nice large bathrooms. I would high recommend Simpson Travel and Villa Sottu
We have had a lovely time in this gorgeous villa. We have loved all the mod cons the villa has to offer. It was very helpful meeting Debbie on our first day with her firsthand knowledge and experience of the area. She told us what sights to see, including the rock pools, where water shoes were very much needed. She also recommended restaurants and booked these when requested. We didn’t have a bad meal out, which included in the harbour, beach or on the main road through Calvi. All in all we have had a lovely time. Thank you.
We have had a great time staying at this wonderful villa. It has everything you need with amazing views, great pool and all the mod cons. Thank you, Debbie, for all your help and recommendations. We have had a lovely time here. Thank you.
We’ve had a great time at Villa Sottu and with Simpson Travel. The villa is so well designed and thought through. It really takes advantage of its location. We really enjoyed Calvi and appreciated the ability to walk into town! A great introduction to Corsica for us all.
Great stay, great villa, great views! Great meeting you again, Debbie, and for always checking in to see all was ok. It was, and we had another wonderful stay in Corsica. The villa is so comfortable too. I’m sure we will return.
Great villa with spectacular views of Calvi. Very well equipped modern and comfortable villa. You can walk in to Calvi but good 20 minute walk there and 30 minute back as up steep hill. Would definitely recommend the villa. Local rep was very helpful.
Fantastic villa with perfect pool and fantastic views. Thank you Debbie for some great recommendations – rock pools and snorkelling beach especially. We all loved our first trip to Corsica and hope it won’t be our last.
Thank you so much to Debbie and Stephane for being so welcoming and helpful throughout our stay. We've been blown away by the special views here in Calvi and have had a wonderful time exploring Corsica's natural beauty, visiting the dramatic Bonifatu forest and taking in the reserve from the sea. Thank you Debbie for your dinner suggestions too, we've had some lovely evenings out by the port together. The villa was perfect for our stay. The view out over the citadelle and port and across the mountains was always magical to wake up to. Looking forward to returning!
Our choice of Corsican properties is as diverse as the island itself, ranging from simple seaside charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal. To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
With fishermen mending their nets by the harbour, Calvi’s maritime heritage remains intact. However, the town has gained a new lease of life in the cafés and bars along Quai Landry, linking the marina and the port, with stretches of beach beyond.
Inland, the unspoilt beauty of The Balagne tells a different story of mountain wildernesses and the island's unspoilt and uniquely fragrant maquis. Follow the Route des Artisans through terracotta-tiled hilltop villages, overlooking a landscape of forests and mountains, and you’ll also find that an excellent glass of local wine is never far away.
BookingMultiple.mustache file to be converted
View holiday Booking Conditions