In this section...
- Beautiful and stylish contemporary villa
- Set in 5 acres of olive groves
- Stunning countryside and mountain views
- Peaceful and tranquil
- Beach and Île Rousse 10-minute drive
- Shop and restaurants 10-minute drive
This is a lovely sprawling house for a family holiday, just 10 minutes’ drive from bustling Ile Rousse and its gently shelving sandy beach. L’Oliveraie de San Francescu is a fine fusion of ancient and modern, from the old gnarled olive trees and original stonework to the stylish, contemporary interiors, complete with big glass doors to let the sun flood in from all sides.
Comprising five bedrooms in five acres of private grounds, there is ample room for everyone to spread out and make themselves at home here, either by the large swimming pool or on one of the various terraces surrounding the house. The sense of space and peace is glorious (heaven for stressed-out city dwellers) but ‘civilisation’ is never far away. There’s a locally renowned restaurant in the picturesque village of Monticello (15 minutes’ walk) and a Michelin-starred one in nearby Regino (10 minutes’ drive), while cosmopolitan Calvi can be reached by a short ride on the little train – U Trinighellu – which runs along the coast.
Monticello also offers tennis courts and a horse riding school as well as a number of walking trails.
- 5 bedroom villa (sleeps 2-10)
- Living room with TV (French Satellite channels), DVD; leads to terrace
- Dining room; leads to terrace
- Kitchen; leads to terrace
- Laundry room
- Office with PC
First floor – right wing
- Double bedroom
- Double bedroom with additional single bed (bed can be configured into twin beds if required); leads to terrace
- Bathroom with shower and WC
First floor – left wing
- Master double bedroom (180 x 200cm bed) with en-suite bathroom with WC; leads to terrace
- Dressing room and office
- Double bedroom with en-suite shower room; leads to small terrace
- Twin bedroom room including cot (no air-conditioning)
- Master en-suite bathroom can be shared with twin via adjoining door
- Air-conditioning throughout (except single bedroom)
- Outside pool shower
- Gas barbecue
- Private saltwater swimming pool 10m x 5m (depth 1.05m - 1.75m), security alarm and gate, access via steps
- 1 week holidays – includes a light mid-stay clean on Wednesday (no bed linen or towel change)
- 2 week holidays – includes a light clean mid-week on Wednesday and bed linen/towel change at the end of the week
- All properties with WiFi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails
* We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes due to factors beyond our control reliability can be affected.
Villa access times
- Check-in time – 4.00pm
- Check-out time – 9.00am
- Monticello 15min walk
- Restaurant 15min walk
- Beach 10min drive
- Ile Rousse 10min drive
- Calvi airport 40min drive
- Bastia airport 1hr 10min drive
Based on the number of people travelling, the following hire car(s) are included in the package price of your holiday:
- 2-3 guests – 1 Group C, Peugeot 2008 or similar*
- 4 guests – 1 Group H, Citroen C4 Picasso or similar*
- 5 guests – 1 Group K, Renault Grand Scenic or similar*
- 6 guests – 2 Group C, Peugeot 2008 or similar*
- 7 guests – 1 Group C, Peugeot 2008, and 1 Group H, Citroen C4 Picasso, or similar*
- 8 guests – 2 Group H, Citroen C4 Picasso or similar*
- 9 guests – 1 Group H, Citroen C4 Picasso, and 1 Group K, Renault Grand Scenic, or similar*
- 10 guests – 2 Group K, Renault Grand Scenic or similar*
* All our cars include comprehensive insurance with zero excess. For this particular destination, the undercarriage is not included in the cover.
Group C – 1-1.6 litre engine, 2 large and 1 small suitcase
Group H – 1.1-1.6 litre engine, 2 large and 2 small suitcases
Group K – 1.2-1.6 litre engine, 2 large suitcases
The following cars are available as alternatives on request (supplements apply). Please call our travel specialists for details.
Group E – SUV Automatic VW Tiguan or similar, 1.1-1.6 litre engine, 1 large and 2 small suitcases
Group F – Peugeot 508 or similar, 1.4-2 litre engine, 2 large and 2 small suitcases
Group G – VW Coccinelle CC Cabriolet or similar, 1.2-1.6 litre engine, 1 large suitcase
Group J – Peugeot 2008 GPS or similar, 1-1.6 litre engine, 2 large and 1 small suitcase
Group L – Renault Captur Automatic or similar, 1.1-1.6 litre engine, 1 large and 1 small suitcase
Group N – 9-seater Ford Transit or similar, 1.2-1.6 litre engine, 1 large and 1 small suitcase
Group O – 7-seater Ford Tourneo or similar, 1.2-1.6 litre engine, 1 large and 1 small suitcase
What an amazing week making family memories. We loved out time at L’Oliveraie De San Francescu. A total home from home. The suggestions from Debbie, the Simpson Travel representative, were fab. Calvi is a total must visit. We loved the Citadel. Bodri Beach is fab, as is Algajola. Thanks to all for another phenomenal experience.
The Farley Family – May 2018
As a group of eight family and friends we travelled to Northern Corsica with Simpson Travel. From the first booking to the time we left they organised everything, from flights to cars to villa, combined with information and suggestions on the area to make our holiday perfect. A wonderful holiday, thank you.
Mrs Murty – October 2017
This is a great location for a relaxed family holiday. There were seven of us but it never felt crowded because of the spacious villa and its surrounding olive grove. Peaceful and quiet neighbourhood. Beautiful views across a valley to mountains. Lovely swimming pool. Well equipped kitchen. Quality restaurants nearby. Beaches and small seaside town a short drive away. We all had a wonderful time.
Mrs Braybooke – September 2017
The attention to detail is what makes a Simpson Travel holiday special. The pressure is off you and you can just relax and enjoy the ride!
Ms Cass – August 2017
This is a lovely, modern villa in a spectacular location. It is spacious, has all the mod cons and is tastefully decorated. The proximity to Monticello and Ile Rousse with the beautiful beaches is ideal. Would love to return.
Mr Potter – September 2016
We have used various companies for villa holidays over the past ten years and Simpson Travel tops them all by a long way. The choice as to whether or not to be met by a rep at the villa is lovely. It makes you feel as if you’ve arrived at your own home! The information book in the villa has everything you need. The Simpson Travel representative is just a phone call or text away and queries are answered rapidly. L'Oliveraie de San Francescu was better equipped than any villa we’ve ever had. Thank you to everyone for such a great service.
Honey Tolman – June 2018
Beautiful villa and views. Had great lazy days by the pool or on the beach. We drank lovely Corsican wine and had great chats. Thank you very much!
Mrs Dick – September 2015
First visit to Corsica and loved the island. Had a restful, enjoyable time in this rustic villa. Fantastic restaurants and beaches nearby.
Ms Davies – August 2015
The villa is situated in the most beautiful location and we have so enjoyed the olive trees, the mountains and the consequent views. We were so well looked after by Debbie and Maria.
Mr Burland – September 2014
A truly wonderful holiday. A beautiful house, thoughtfully designed, elegant and very easy to find space even with eight adults. Our representative was excellent, super helpful and kind, she even brought us champagne on our anniversary. lle Rousse is a beautiful town with superb beaches and amazing restaurants, all easy to reach and varied.
Mrs Duhigg – August 2014
We had a lovely week here and feel very lucky to be the first people staying in such a beautiful house in a pretty spot.
Mr Shier – June 2014
Our choice of Corsican properties is as diverse as the island itself, ranging from simple seaside charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal. To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
With fishermen mending their nets by the harbour, Calvi’s maritime heritage remains intact. However, the town has gained a new lease of life in the cafés and bars along Quai Landry, linking the marina and the port, with stretches of beach beyond.
Inland, the unspoilt beauty of The Balagne tells a different story of mountain wildernesses and the island's unspoilt and uniquely fragrant maquis. Follow the Route des Artisans through terracotta-tiled hilltop villages, overlooking a landscape of forests and mountains, and you’ll also find that an excellent glass of local wine is never far away.
View holiday Booking Conditions