In this section...
- Delightful contemporary apartment
- Heart of Ile Rousse
- Elegant furnishings
- Wonderful sea views
- Beach 3-minute walk
Apartment Paolina is contemporary Corsica at its best, a sophisticated, couple-sized conversion nestled in the heart of a charming beachside town, with everything you need within walking distance.
The exterior is typical of the area, with terracotta-tinted walls, 35 exterior steps from street level and traditional louvred shutters to keep out the heat of the day. Once inside however, you’ll find elegant new furnishings and a layout that flips the living space onto the top floor via a stylish glass staircase. The sea views from this privileged high point are wonderful at any time of day, the brilliant blue of the Mediterranean made even more intense by the contrast with the red rooftops all around. You can enjoy a leisurely breakfast up here as you idly plan out the day, or crack open a bottle of something perfectly chilled before heading out for dinner. Ile Rousse is particularly appealing as evening falls and the lights of the beach restaurants are reflected in the darkening sea; you’ll find restaurants to suit every taste and budget here, plus plenty of atmospheric cafés where you can watch the locals playing pétanque or putting the world to rights over pastis.
Thanks to the central location, there’s no need to drive anywhere as the beach and shops are easily walkable, and the little coastal train service makes other beaches, including Calvi, conveniently accessible. If you prefer to hire a car to explore more of the exquisite Balagne countryside, we have arranged complimentary car parking and swimming pool access at the nearby hotel Santa Maria.
- 1-bedroom apartment (sleeps 2)
- 2 floors
- 33 internal steps from street level to apartment front door (no lift)
Apartment ground floor
- Entrance hall reached via glass spiral staircase from front door (16 steps)
- Double bedroom (200 x 200cm bed) with TV
- Separate bathroom and shower
- Separate WC
Apartment top floor:
- Reached via glass spiral staircase (17 steps)
- Open-plan living/dining/kitchen area
- Kitchen includes electric hob, oven, microwave, fridge-freezer, dishwasher, washing machine
- Smart flat screen TV, DVD player, Bluetooth speaker
- Terrace with sea view
- Complimentary WiFi
- Air-conditioned throughout
- Iron, ironing board, hairdryer, pool and bath towels provided
- Guests may use the facilities free of charge at the Santa Maria Hotel nearby (swimming pool, parking)
- Deposit of 30% of the total package price is required to book this holiday
- All properties with WiFi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails*
* We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes due to factors beyond our control reliability can be affected.
- In the heart of Ile Rousse
- Shops/restaurants 1-2min walk
- Beach 3min walk
- Santa Maria Hotel 8min walk
- Calvi airport 30min drive
- Bastia airport 1hr 10min drive
Based on the number of people travelling, the following hire car(s) are included in the package price of your holiday:
- 2-3 guests – 1 Group C, Peugeot 2008 or similar*
* All our cars include comprehensive insurance with zero excess. For this particular destination, the undercarriage is not included in the cover.
Group C – 1-1.6 litre engine, 2 large and 1 small suitcase*
The following cars are available as alternatives on request (supplements apply). Please call our travel specialists for details.
Group D - Peugeot 3008 or similar, 1.1-1.6 litre engine, 3 large suitcase*
Group E – SUV Automatic Toyota CHR Hybrid or similar, 1.1-1.6 litre engine, 1 large and 2 small suitcases*
Group F – Ford Mondeo or similar, 2.0 litre engine, 2 large and 2 small suitcases*
Group G – VW Coccinelle CC Cabriolet or similar, 1.2-1.6 litre engine, 1 large suitcase*
Group H – Citroen C4 Picasso or similar, 1.1-1.6 litre engine, 2 large and 2 small suitcases*
Group J – Peugeot 308 GPS or similar, 1-1.6 litre engine, 2 large and 1 small suitcase*
Group K – Renault Grand Scenic or similar, 1.2-1.6 litre engine, 2 large suitcases*
Group L – Renault Captur Automatic or similar, 1.1-1.6 litre engine, 1 large and 1 small suitcase*
Group N – 9-seater Toyota Proace or similar, 1.2-1.6 litre engine, 1 large and 1 small suitcase*
Group X - Citroen Berlingo or similar, 1-1.6 litre engine, 3 large and 1 small suitcase*
* Suitcase sizes are based on a large suitcase being approximately 75cm x 41cm x 31cm, a medium suitcase of approximately 65cm x 46cm x 29cm and a small suitcase of 55cm x 40cm x 20cm.
Apartment Paolina is lovely and worth the steps up for the views. We enjoyed a train ride to Calvi and walking around the Citadel. There are great sunsets from the private beach at Santa Maria and enjoyed the walk up to the lighthouse. We drove up to the village of Sant'Antonino – what a view! We also enjoyed Belgodère, where having a drink in the square with the locals is a must. Our favourite beach was Bodri. We had a great week.
Alan & Linda – June 2018
A superb stay in Corsica in the most fabulous Apartment Paolina. What views! Try the drive to Saint-Florent – the drive itself is unbelievable, as are the views. We have already recommended this place to friends and we are looking forward to returning to Corsica.
Mike & Debbie – May 2018
Apartment Paolina was stunning. The layout was excellent and it was very modern, spacious and luxurious with great views. The bed was huge and very comfortable. IIe Rousse was a charming small port. Plenty of eateries and shops. The beach was clean and the water clear. We enjoyed our stay enormously and would recommend the apartment and Simpson Travel to anyone.
Mrs Newlands – October 2017
This holiday exceeded our expectations. From the ease of booking, knowledgeable staff, perfect apartment, perfect location. Apartment Paolina is an absolute gem!
M Godwin – May 2018
A superb apartment in a fantastic location! The views are spectacular but you can see that for yourselves. We can recommend 'A Casa Corsa' for an early evening drink and 'L’Escale' for excellent food (ask for a table on the balcony). Calvi is worth a brief visit for a walk round the citadel. We took the 'boneshaker' train that follows the coastline. Good views but beware it’s cramped and hot (no air-con). Take a drive to the hills but don’t spend time going round all the villages. Spend a couples of hours in St Antonino and eat at 'I Scalini' which has one of the most spectacular views of any restaurant we’ve ever visited. Make sure you book a table on the top terrace. The 'Ostend' just to the right of the front door is very good. The daily market is very good for fresh produce and the general marker is on Tuesdays. 'Cafe de Platanes' in the square is great for coffees. Have a great holiday! We did!
Cristina and Erivan – July 2017
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
With fishermen mending their nets by the harbour, Calvi’s maritime heritage remains intact. However, the town has gained a new lease of life in the cafés and bars along Quai Landry, linking the marina and the port, with stretches of beach beyond.
Inland, the unspoilt beauty of The Balagne tells a different story of mountain wildernesses and the island's unspoilt and uniquely fragrant maquis. Follow the Route des Artisans through terracotta-tiled hilltop villages, overlooking a landscape of forests and mountains, and you’ll also find that an excellent glass of local wine is never far away.
View holiday Booking Conditions