In this section...
- Exceptional villa
- Stunning sea views
- Two private pools over two levels
- Walk downhill to Kalkan and restaurants
From its elevated location just above Kalkan, the outstanding Villa Mars combines magnificent sea views with indulgently spacious accommodation, all within walking distance of the exclusive beach clubs, superb restaurants and boutique shops of Kalkan. Built over ten years ago, Mars was one of the leading and first examples of the new wave of stylish and ultra-modern Kalkan properties and it still stands the test of time.
The villa is ideal for families and groups of friends, with generous social spaces and quiet corners for reading, snoozing or just marvelling at the spectacular views. The bright lights of Kalkan are conveniently close, but with so much private space at your disposal you might be more tempted to simply fire up the barbecue and crack open something deliciously chilled as the sun slips below the horizon. For a luxurious yet effortless evening in, our private chef service comes highly recommended.
With two private pools there’s little incentive to leave Villa Mars during the daytime either, however Kalkan centre can be reached in ten minutes on foot, ideal for older children and teenagers keen for a little independence. Kalkan’s charming streets are a delight to explore whatever age you are, though the steep terrain means the return to the villa takes rather longer, especially on a full stomach! The inclines can feel a little intimidating even in a hire car, so if you’d prefer private airport transfers as an alternative, we’d be happy to arrange this. For local journeys during your stay, Kalkan taxis are plentiful and relatively inexpensive.
All guests staying in Kalkan are treated to a complimentary Turkish bath (hamam) treatment in the Kalkan Regency hotel's renowned spa and a day trip on the hotel’s traditional gület boat, Poseidon, with lunch and a welcome glass of bubbles included (additional drinks will need to be paid for on board). Tea/coffee and cakes will be served in the afternoon. Please speak to your local representative on arrival to confirm your bookings. View full details on our blog.
- 4 bedroom villa (sleeps 2-8)
- Open-plan living/dining/kitchen area with TV (English-speaking news channels)
- Kitchen includes oven, hob, microwave, filter coffee machine, fridge-freezer, dishwasher (2 steps separate kitchen and living area)
- Twin bedroom (100cm x 200cm beds) with en-suite shower room, leads to pool terrace
- Utility room with washing machine
- Double bedroom (160cm x 200cm bed) with en-suite bathroom including bath and shower, leads to balcony
- Double bedroom (180cm x 200cm bed) with en-suite shower room, leads to balcony
- Twin bedroom (100cm x 200cm beds) with en-suite bathroom with bath and shower, leads to balcony
- Small TV room
- Complimentary WiFi
- Air-conditioned throughout
- Iron, ironing board, hairdryer, pool and bath towels provided
- Built-in stone barbecue
- Outside shaded dining area
- Infinity swimming pool 6m x 8m (depth 1.35m throughout) ), accessed via Roman steps
- Private swimming pool 6m x 3.7m (depth 1m throughout) with ladder
- 31 steps up to front door
- Steep driveway leads up to villa with parking for one car only, a second car would be required to park 30 metres above the villa
- All properties with WiFi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails*
* We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes due to factors beyond our control reliability can be affected.
British passport holders travelling to Turkey require a tourist visa in advance of travel. The visa is issued via the Turkish Electronic Visa Application System at the following website www.evisa.gov.tr and is charged at USD20. Please refer to www.evisa.gov.tr or the Turkish Consulate if you do not hold a British passport. Please note that passports need to be valid for six months or more from your return date to the UK.
- Shops/restaurants (Kalkan) 3min drive or 10-15min walk (steep walk downhill)
- Kalkan beach and beach clubs 5min drive or 20min walk (steep walk downhill)
- Patara Beach 20min drive
- Dalaman airport 1hr 45min drive
Based on the number of people travelling, the following hire car(s) are included in the package price of your holiday:
- 2-4 guests – 1 Group B, Opel Astra saloon or similar*
- 5 guests – 1 Group D, Dacia Duster or similar*
- 6-8 guests – 2 Group B, Opel Astra saloon or similar*
* All our cars include full comprehensive insurance with zero excess. For this particular destination, the undercarriage, tyres and windscreen are included in the cover.
Group B – 1.6 litre petrol engine, 1 large and 2 medium suitcases*
Group D – 1.5 litre diesel engine, 3 large and 2 medium suitcases*
The following cars are available as alternatives on request (supplements apply). Please call our travel specialists for details.
Group E – VW Carvelle/Mercedes Vito or similar, 2 litre diesel engine, 3 large and 3 medium suitcases*
Group F – Opel Astra saloon automatic or similar, 1.6 litre petrol engine, 1 large and 2 medium suitcases*
* Suitcase sizes are based on a large suitcase being approximately 75cm x 45cm x 23cm and a medium suitcase of approximately 60cm x 40cm x 23cm.
Our choice of Turkey properties is diverse, ranging from simple charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal.
To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
Set against a breathtaking mountain backdrop, Kalkan sits on Turkey’s stunning Turquoise Coast: a cosmopolitan, vibrant resort perfect for exploring the timeless beauty of ancient Lycia's pine-clad shores. The pretty town centre is a treasure trove of narrow streets, whitewashed Ottoman Greek houses and inviting boutiques. It's also famous for its harbourside lounge bars and rooftop restaurants serving a variety of delicious food with impeccable service.
Our guests return to Kalkan year after year. To find out why, visit our collection of luxury villas and hotels – and, if you book your 2019 Kalkan holiday with Simpson Travel, we'll include a complimentary hamam experience and a day trip along the Turquoise Coast in a traditional wooden gület.
View holiday Booking Conditions