In this section...
- Beautiful stone villa
- Mesmerising views of Kalkan Bay
- Stylish and characterful interiors
- Plunge pool off master bedroom
- Private transfers and car hire included
Views like this one are what infinity pools were made for, with the hillside location creating a delightful sensation of floating high above Kalkan itself. Kaya Ev is one of three immaculate new Simpson Travel villas that share the same privileged panorama of Kalkan old town and its beautiful bay. Like its neighbours, the house has been tastefully designed in wood and stone to create a spacious, characterful home-from-home for couples, friends or a small family.
To maximise the views, Kaya Ev has terraces on two levels, with a balcony off the master bedroom creating an indulgent spot for your morning coffee or a final nightcap beneath the stars. A long terrace spans the front of the house, with a covered dining area that’s perfectly angled to take in the full glory of a Kalkan sunset. The pool is set to one side of the villa for privacy, and there’s a further enclosed plunge pool adjacent to the downstairs double bedroom, effectively creating two master bedrooms making this an excellent choice for two couples.
As evening falls, the lights of Kalkan beckon you to explore its sophisticated range of waterfront bars and restaurants just a short drive below. Your holiday includes a hire car, but to make your arrival as effortless as possible, we also include private transfers from the airport so there’s no need to negotiate the steep local roads on your first day. The lofty position calls for a reasonably confident driver, but the views from the top are unquestionably worth it and if you like to enjoy a glass or two of wine with dinner, taxis are plentiful and relatively inexpensive.
Explore our pre-bookable experiences in Kalkan
All guests staying in Kalkan are treated to a complimentary Turkish bath (hamam) treatment in the Kalkan Regency hotel's renowned spa and a day trip on the hotel’s traditional gület boat, Poseidon, with lunch and a welcome glass of bubbles included (additional drinks will need to be paid for on board). Tea/coffee and cakes will be served in the afternoon. Please speak to your local representative on arrival to confirm your bookings. View full details on our blog.
- 3 bedroom villa (sleeps 2-6)
- Open-plan living/dining area with TV (English-speaking news channels), leads to pool terrace
- Kitchen includes oven, hob, filter coffee machine, fridge-freezer, dishwasher
- Double bedroom (180cm x 200cm bed) with en-suite shower room, leads to indoor heated plunge pool 2.7m x 4.5m (depth 1m throughout)
- Twin bedroom (100cm x 200cm beds) with en-suite shower room, leads to pool terrace
- Utility room with washing machine and WC
- Master double bedroom with Jacuzzi bath (180cm x 200cm bed) and en-suite shower room (separated from the bedroom by a frosted glass partition), leads to balcony
- Complimentary WiFi
- Air-conditioned throughout
- Iron, ironing board, hairdryer, pool and bath towels provided
- Outside shaded dining area
- Infinity outdoor swimming pool 5m x 13m (depth 1.5m throughout), accessed via Roman steps, Jacuzzi corner
- Airport transfer included
- Hire car delivered to the villa due to steep entrance
- All properties with WiFi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails*
* We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes due to factors beyond our control reliability can be affected.
British passport holders travelling to Turkey require a tourist visa in advance of travel. The visa is issued via the Turkish Electronic Visa Application System at the following website www.evisa.gov.tr and is charged at USD20. Please refer to www.evisa.gov.tr or the Turkish Consulate if you do not hold a British passport. Please note that passports need to be valid for six months or more from your return date to the UK.
- Kalkan (restaurants/shops/beach clubs) 6min drive
- Patara beach 20min drive
- Dalaman airport 1hr 45min drive
Based on the number of people travelling, the following hire car(s) are included in the package price of your holiday:
- 2-4 guests – 1 Group B, Opel Astra saloon or similar*
- 5 guests – 1 Group D, Dacia Duster or similar*
- 6 guests – 2 Group B, Opel Astra saloon or similar*
* All our cars include comprehensive insurance with zero excess. For this particular destination, the undercarriage, tyres and windscreen are included in the cover.
Group B – 1.6 litre petrol engine, 1 large and 2 medium suitcases*
Group D – 1.5 litre diesel engine, 3 large and 2 medium suitcases*
The following cars are available as alternatives on request (supplements apply). Please call our travel specialists for details.
Group E – VW Carvelle/Mercedes Vito or similar, 2 litre diesel engine, 3 large and 3 medium suitcases*
Group F – Opel Astra saloon automatic or similar, 1.6 litre petrol engine, 1 large and 2 medium suitcases*
* Suitcase sizes are based on a large suitcase being approximately 75cm x 45cm x 23cm and a medium suitcase of approximately 60cm x 40cm x 23cm.
A lovely relaxing week. The villa was large and airy, very comfortable inside and outside on the terrace area. Wonderful views.
Janice – October 2019
First time with Simpsons and we had excellent service from booking our trip to our flight home from Turkey. We will have no hesitation in booking future holidays with the company.
The Haywards – October 2019
This was our first trip with Simpson Travel, we had a fabulous holiday and will definitely be using them again, we’re already checking out our next holiday. The whole experience was professional and friendly, even with the collapse of Thomas Cook midway through our trip to contend with! It’s been a long time since we were all sorry to be coming home.
The Browne family – September 2019
We have had a fabulous 2-week family holiday in Kalkan. We stayed in two villas to try out two locations and this worked out very well. Both villas were beautifully done out and both in great locations. One high up on the hills overlooking the whole of Kalkan and the other lower down overlooking both Kalkan and Kalamar bays. They both had fabulous outdoor space with amazing views, fab kitchens and shower rooms and comfortable bedrooms. Simpson staff were all fantastic and the local staff who helped out the Simpson team. Everyone was friendly helpful and very knowledgeable and nothing was too much trouble. Kalkan is a lovely place filled with wonderful restaurants, bars and shops with great boat trips on the harbour. We had a wonderful day out at sea on the Poseidon boat put on by Simpson and that was fantastic. We also did the Turkish baths which was great fun. We visited Islamlar and Patara and the ruins are incredible. All in all another wonderful holiday with Simpson. Thank you.
Jennifer McBryde – September 2019
The whole experience of travelling with Simpson Travel was seamless, from the initial booking to being dropped off at the airport for departure. We always felt secure and any small issues (such as loss of electricity one day) was quickly and efficiently resolved. Olivia, our holiday representative, was extremely friendly and knowledgeable and provided us with lots of useful information. We had high expectations of Simpson Travel and you exceeded them all.
Mrs Bloomfield – September 2019
First time booking with Simpson coupled with our first visit to Turkey. From the moment we contacted Simpson I was in no doubt that this was a travel company that knew what it was doing. I was very at ease throughout the whole process and whenever I had questions they were always answered by their knowledgeable staff. The villa we hired was superb and exactly as described and pictured on the website so no hidden surprises. I would recommend Simpson in a heartbeat to friends and family and will shortly be scouring their website for next year’s holiday. Well done Simpson and thank you for a wonderful experience.
Tony – June 2019
It’s been our first visit to Kalkan for nearly four years and we have not been disappointed. The villa is amazing with a perfect mix of traditional and modern with wonderful views of Kalkan Bay. The weather over the last two weeks has exceeded our expectations. Eating in Kalkan has always been brilliant.
David & Mags – May 2019
Our choice of Turkey properties is diverse, ranging from simple charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal.
To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
Set against a breathtaking mountain backdrop, Kalkan sits on Turkey’s stunning Turquoise Coast: a cosmopolitan, vibrant resort perfect for exploring the timeless beauty of ancient Lycia's pine-clad shores. The pretty town centre is a treasure trove of narrow streets, whitewashed Ottoman Greek houses and inviting boutiques. It's also famous for its harbourside lounge bars and rooftop restaurants serving a variety of delicious food with impeccable service.
Our guests return to Kalkan year after year. To find out why, visit our collection of luxury villas and hotels – and, if you book your 2019 Kalkan holiday with Simpson Travel, we'll include a complimentary hamam experience and a day trip along the Turquoise Coast in a traditional wooden gület.
Explore our pre-bookable experiences in Kalkan
View holiday Booking Conditions