In this section...
- Authentic, characterful cottage
- Set in the heart of Söğüt
- Metres from the sea
- Private jetty
It’s not often that we find a property like this – and even rarer that it’s in a destination like unspoilt Söğüt. Here, the sound of the sea lulls you to sleep each night and seafood suppers on the waterfront are preceded by sunsets you’ll never tire of admiring.
Simply charming and just metres from the waves, 100-year-old Tinuka Cottage was named after a lost love – the feeling that perhaps you’ll have when it comes to tearing yourself away.
The beach begins just beyond your patio, with its little wooden dining table. It’s an undeniably romantic place to share a meal, but one that’s likely to be surpassed by an evening spent watching the stars come out from your own private jetty – and you’re welcome to move the table there so you can enjoy the experience to the full.
With uninterrupted views across the calm, crystal clear waters and a glass of something chilled, there are few better ways to end a lazy day. And thanks to the balcony upstairs, you can also step outside and enjoy that sparkling seascape from a more private vantage point too.
For those who like to feel the pulse of a destination, Tinuka Cottage is a perfect choice and, during July and August in particular, you can make this vibrant village community your own. There’s an excellent restaurant right next door if you don’t feel like cooking, and the daily comings and goings make you feel a part of something real.
Equally, on those days when losing yourself in a book on your jetty sunbed isn’t quite enough, Söğüt is just a boat trip away from undiscovered bays or you can follow the road looping around the Bozburun Peninsula for a laid-back day of exploring.
- 1 bedroom villa (sleeps 2)
- Open-plan living/kitchen area with satellite TV with USB port and CD player, leads to small front terrace
- Kitchen includes oven, hob, microwave, fridge-freezer, washing machine
- Steep narrow staircase leads to the bedroom (17 steps about 60cm wide, may not be suitable for guests with limited mobility)
- Double bedroom (160cm x 200cm bed) with en-suite shower room, leads to small balcony
- Complimentary WiFi
- Air-conditioned bedroom
- Iron, ironing board, hairdryer, pool and bath towels provided
- Private jetty (the jetty belongs to the villa but the coastline is open for public use and we cannot guarantee exclusivity)
- No parking by cottage due to waterfront location, parking available 2min walk away
- All properties with WiFi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails*
* We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes due to factors beyond our control reliability can be affected
British passport holders travelling to Turkey require a tourist visa in advance of travel. The visa is issued via the Turkish Electronic Visa Application System at the following website www.evisa.gov.tr and is charged at USD20. Please refer to www.evisa.gov.tr or the Turkish Consulate if you do not hold a British passport. Please note that passports need to be valid for six months or more from your return date to the UK.
- On water’s edge in Söğüt (3 steps up from waterfront)
- Restaurant adjacent to villa
- Additional restaurants within easy walking distance (Söğüt)
- Bozburun 15min drive
- Marmaris 1hr drive
- Dalaman airport 2hr 45min drive
Based on the number of people travelling, the following hire car(s) are included in the package price of your holiday:
- 2 guests – 1 Group B, Renault Fluence or similar*
* All our cars include full comprehensive insurance with zero excess. For this particular destination, the undercarriage, tyres and windscreen are included in the cover.
Group B – 1.6 litre petrol engine, 2 large and 2 medium suitcases*
The following cars are available as alternatives on request (supplements apply). Please call our travel specialists for details.
Group D – Dacia Duster or similar, 1.5 litre diesel engine, 3 large and 2 medium suitcases*
Group E – Duster Lodgy or similar, 1.5 litre diesel engine, 2 medium suitcases*
Group F – Hyundai Accent automatic or similar, 1.6 litre petrol engine, 2 large and 2 medium suitcases*
* Suitcase sizes are based on a large suitcase being approximately 75cm x 45cm x 23cm and a medium suitcase of approximately 60cm x 40cm x 23cm.
Our choice of Turkey properties is diverse, ranging from simple charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal.
To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
Reaching out from a forested coastline towards the nearby Aegean islands of Symi, Tilos and Rhodes, the Bozburun Peninsula is one of the most peaceful and picturesque corners of southwest Turkey.
Azure bays and sheltered coves, woodland, olive groves and mountains set the scene for a holiday fragranced with fields of lavender and wild thyme. Centred around the seaside town of Bozburun itself, famous for boat building, this discretely luxurious destination is a protected conservation area, made for leisurely boat trips, sea-view restaurants and walks along the cliff tops.
View holiday Booking Conditions