In this section...
- Authentic, characterful cottage
- Set in the heart of Söğüt
- Metres from the sea
- Private jetty
It’s not often that we find a property like this – and even rarer that it’s in a destination like unspoilt Söğüt. Here, the sound of the sea lulls you to sleep each night and seafood suppers on the waterfront are preceded by sunsets you’ll never tire of admiring.
Simply charming and just metres from the waves, 100-year-old Tinuka Cottage was named after a lost love – the feeling that perhaps you’ll have when it comes to tearing yourself away.
The beach begins just beyond your patio, with its little wooden dining table. It’s an undeniably romantic place to share a meal, but one that’s likely to be surpassed by an evening spent watching the stars come out from your own private jetty – and you’re welcome to move the table there so you can enjoy the experience to the full.
With uninterrupted views across the calm, crystal clear waters and a glass of something chilled, there are few better ways to end a lazy day. And thanks to the balcony upstairs, you can also step outside and enjoy that sparkling seascape from a more raised vantage point too.
Sitting at the heart of this idyllic community, with shops and an excellent restaurant on your doorstep, a stay at Tinuka Cottage combines the pleasures of a seafront retreat with the convenience of village life. And if losing yourself in a book on your jetty isn’t quite enough, secluded bays lie waiting to be discovered just a short road or boat trip along the beautiful Bozburun Peninsula.
- 1 bedroom villa (sleeps 2)
- Open-plan living/kitchen area with satellite TV with USB port and CD player, leads to small front terrace
- Kitchen includes oven, hob, microwave, fridge-freezer, washing machine
- Narrow staircase leads to the bedroom (17 steps about 60cm wide, may not be suitable for guests with limited mobility)
- Double bedroom (160cm x 200cm bed) with en-suite shower room, leads to small balcony
- Complimentary WiFi
- Air-conditioned bedroom
- Iron, ironing board, hairdryer, bath and beach towels provided
- Private jetty (the jetty belongs to the villa but the coastline is open for public use and we cannot guarantee exclusivity)
- No parking by cottage due to waterfront location, parking available 2min walk away
- All properties with WiFi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails*
* We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes due to factors beyond our control reliability can be affected
British passport holders travelling to Turkey require a tourist visa in advance of travel. The visa is issued via the Turkish Electronic Visa Application System at the following website www.evisa.gov.tr and is charged at USD20. Please refer to www.evisa.gov.tr or the Turkish Consulate if you do not hold a British passport. Please note that passports need to be valid for six months or more from your return date to the UK.
- On water’s edge in Söğüt (3 steps up from waterfront)
- Restaurant adjacent to villa
- Additional restaurants within easy walking distance (Söğüt)
- Bozburun 15min drive
- Marmaris 1hr drive
- Dalaman airport 2hr 30min drive
Based on the number of people travelling, the following hire car(s) are included in the package price of your holiday:
- 2 guests – 1 Group B, Renault Fluence or similar*
* All our cars include full comprehensive insurance with zero excess. For this particular destination, the undercarriage, tyres and windscreen are included in the cover.
Group B – 1.6 litre petrol engine, 2 large and 2 medium suitcases*
The following cars are available as alternatives on request (supplements apply). Please call our travel specialists for details.
Group D – Dacia Duster or similar, 1.5 litre diesel engine, 3 large and 2 medium suitcases*
Group E – Duster Lodgy or similar, 1.5 litre diesel engine, 2 medium suitcases*
Group F – Hyundai Accent automatic or similar, 1.6 litre petrol engine, 2 large and 2 medium suitcases*
* Suitcase sizes are based on a large suitcase being approximately 75cm x 45cm x 23cm and a medium suitcase of approximately 60cm x 40cm x 23cm.
Jessica, many thanks for your help, guidance and support during our recent stay at Tinuka Cottage, Söğüt. We had a fabulous, chilled out time. The accommodation was exactly as described on the website and perfect for our needs. Its proximity to the sea was one of the high points and I had previously never realised that a private jetty was a holiday essential! Although we didn't do much self-catering, the cottage was very well supplied with kitchen equipment. Esin in the restaurant next door was a delight, we ate there often during our stay and were treated like members of the family. Can't recommend the breakfast boat trip highly enough, great food in addition to wonderfully peaceful swimming spots. We also really enjoyed the rocky walk around the coast to the Octopus restaurant in the adjoining bay. All in all, we had a wonderful holiday and were very impressed by the service provided by you and the rest of the Simpson team. Many thanks once again.
Rebecca & Barry Neeves – May 2019
Our choice of Turkey properties is diverse, ranging from simple charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal.
To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
Reaching out from a forested coastline towards the nearby Aegean islands of Symi, Tilos and Rhodes, the Bozburun Peninsula is one of the most peaceful and picturesque corners of southwest Turkey.
Azure bays and sheltered coves, woodland, olive groves and mountains set the scene for a holiday fragranced with fields of lavender and wild thyme. Centred around the seaside town of Bozburun itself, famous for boat building, this discretely luxurious destination is a protected conservation area, made for leisurely boat trips, sea-view restaurants and walks along the cliff tops.
View holiday Booking Conditions