In this section...
- Stunning waterfront position
- Private jetty
- Romantic and cosy
- Gentle stroll to restaurants
Barely a stone’s throw from the brilliant blue of the Aegean, this charming beach house sits right on the seafront in Söğüt, one of the loveliest villages on the unspoilt Bozburun peninsula. The house has all the romantic appeal of a cosy seaside cabin, tucked away at the end of a small gravel garden draped in flowering climbers for privacy and shade.
Summer in Söğüt is all about outdoor living, so you have a choice of sitting and dining areas by the house and at the end of the garden, which leads out onto our favourite spot of all: a private wooden jetty, complete with sunbeds, parasols and a ladder into the translucent turquoise sea below. It’s an idyllic sunbathing spot, kissed by a gentle sea breeze, with the option to slip straight into the sea and cool off when you need to. As evening falls, top up your drink and take a moment to enjoy the spectacular evening sky as the sun drops behind the islands in sheltered Söğüt bay.
The name Saranda (meaning 40) recalls a time when the village was a Greek enclave, and refers to the 40 churches that were originally found in this area. Nowadays you’ll find more restaurants than churches in Söğüt, with tables set right on the water serving some of the best food on the whole of this pretty peninsula. The village retains its natural beauty and authentic atmosphere however, and you’re perfectly placed to explore the rest of the Bozburun area, from chic Selimiye to tiny hillside hamlets and forgotten ruins accessible only by boat.
As cars are restricted along the waterfront, hire vehicles have to be left in the main village, where we will meet you on arrival and help transport your luggage the final 150 metres or so to the Beach House.
- 1 bedroom villa (sleeps 2)
- Living area with satellite TV with USB port
- Open-plan kitchen/dining area, leads to front terrace
- Kitchen includes oven, hob, fridge-freezer
- Double bedroom (180cm x 200cm bed) with en-suite shower room
- Complimentary WiFi
- Air-conditioned bedroom
- Iron, ironing board, hairdryer, bath and beach towels provided
- Private jetty (the jetty belongs to the villa but the coastline is open for public use and we cannot guarantee exclusivity)
- No parking by cottage due to waterfront location, parking available 2min walk away
- All properties with WiFi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails*
* We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes due to factors beyond our control reliability can be affected.
British passport holders travelling to Turkey require a tourist visa in advance of travel. The visa is issued via the Turkish Electronic Visa Application System at the following website www.evisa.gov.tr and is charged at USD20. Please refer to www.evisa.gov.tr or the Turkish Consulate if you do not hold a British passport. Please note that passports need to be valid for six months or more from your return date to the UK.
- On water’s edge in Söğüt
- Restaurant less than 1min walk
- Additional restaurants within easy walking distance (Sögüt)
- Bozburun 15min drive
- Marmaris 1hr drive
- Dalaman airport 2hr 30min drive
Based on the number of people travelling, the following hire car(s) are included in the package price of your holiday:
- 2 guests – 1 Group B, Renault Fluence or similar*
* All our cars include full comprehensive insurance with zero excess. For this particular destination, the undercarriage, tyres and windscreen are included in the cover.
Group B – 1.6 litre petrol engine, 2 large and 2 medium suitcases*
The following cars are available as alternatives on request (supplements apply). Please call our travel specialists for details.
Group D – Dacia Duster or similar, 1.5 litre diesel engine, 3 large and 2 medium suitcases*
Group E – Duster Lodgy or similar, 1.5 litre diesel engine, 2 medium suitcases*
Group F – Hyundai Accent automatic or similar, 1.6 litre petrol engine, 2 large and 2 medium suitcases*
* Suitcase sizes are based on a large suitcase being approximately 75cm x 45cm x 23cm and a medium suitcase of approximately 60cm x 40cm x 23cm.
We have had the most relaxing week. We could not ask for a better place to stay – the accommodation is excellent and with the beach on your doorstep makes it heavenly. We had superb food and all the restaurants have been of a high calibre. Jessica has been so very helpful and made our stay a pleasure – with her knowledge about the area we managed to visit a few interesting places. We will certainly be returning here.
Mahka & Nick – June 2019
Idyllic setting, great setting, excellent accommodation, people lovely, restaurants excellent. Once again Simpson has succeeded. Jessica was lovely and helpful. All in all, well done Simpson.
Mr & Mrs Taylor – 2019
This is a Simpson gem! The house is well appointed and Jessica provides detailed knowledge of the surrounding area, nothing is too much trouble. Fresh bread delivered to your door every morning was much appreciated. We shall return home with fond memories of these gentle, courteous and generous people.
Lorna & Allan Morris – May 2019
Great two weeks. Fab restaurants. Will return. Jessica, fantastic rep.
Jeff & Dorothy – May 2019
Our choice of Turkey properties is diverse, ranging from simple charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal.
To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
Reaching out from a forested coastline towards the nearby Aegean islands of Symi, Tilos and Rhodes, the Bozburun Peninsula is one of the most peaceful and picturesque corners of southwest Turkey.
Azure bays and sheltered coves, woodland, olive groves and mountains set the scene for a holiday fragranced with fields of lavender and wild thyme. Centred around the seaside town of Bozburun itself, famous for boat building, this discretely luxurious destination is a protected conservation area, made for leisurely boat trips, sea-view restaurants and walks along the cliff tops.
View holiday Booking Conditions