In this section...
- Charming agritourism hotel
- Stunning scenic setting
- Close to local village
- Swimming pool
- Hamam and sauna
Look forward to 2023... The majority of our 2023 holidays are now ready to book. Where prices are not yet available, please secure your preferred dates using our Advance Registration scheme.
For walkers, bird watchers and anyone who appreciates a back-to-nature experience wrapped up in full contemporary comfort, this charming hotel is a very special find. Set in a peaceful valley in the hills above Akyaka, Yenice Vadi is part boutique hotel, part organic farm - run with great warmth and commitment by co-owners Gordon, Merrill and Çağlar. This Anglo-Turkish partnership shares a vision to offer high-quality holidays that support, rather than detract from, the more traditional Turkish lifestyle - and we think they’re doing an outstanding job.
At the heart of the valley is the hotel itself, a collection of comfortable rooms, chalets and even a treehouse. All construction is from local materials and the restaurant uses farm-fresh ingredients, including free-range eggs from the chickens that roam happily in the grounds. To enrich your experience and further support the local community, Çağlar has created a ‘Natural Life Village’ behind the hotel, featuring farm shops, a rural life museum, a yoga platform and a barber shop for an old-fashioned wet shave, complete with cut-throat razor.
Nearby is the village of Yenice itself, a great spot for a typical local meal and a glimpse of Turkish rural culture. The county town of Muğla (25km) has more going on thanks to its highly-regarded university, though its inland position means it’s still far more Turkish than tourist-orientated, with a charming old town, busy weekly market, 13th century hamam and numerous tea gardens. For a full day out, the incredible Greco-Roman remains at Ephesus are a must for many, though the local tip is to head for Aphrodisias instead, where you’ll find similarly intact remains but a fraction of the visitors.
Yenice Vadi feels unique and refreshingly genuine, ideal for those in search of a more authentic holiday spot that still leaves you feeling pampered and relaxed. The tranquil location feels a million miles away from any kind of mass tourism, surrounded by pine forest, almond, olive and fruit trees, all of which attract native species including wild boar, hares, tortoises and many different birds. A trip to the coast is still an easy option however, with the beaches around Akyaka just a 30-minute drive away. A week at Yenice Vadi is likely to refresh both body and soul, but if you’d like to have more time at the coast, you may also combine a few nights here with a week at a villa or our beautiful hotel in Söğüt.
Explore our pre-bookable experiences in Akyaka.
- 6 rooms (sleeps 2)
- 3 one-bedroom cottages (sleeps 2), located beyond the lake
- See Rooms tab for all individual accommodation details
- Lale (6) – double room with sofabed
- Sumbul (8) – double room with sofabed
- Ortanca (9) – twin bedroom with sofabed
Superior deluxe rooms
- Lavanta (5) – double room with circular bed, jacuzzi bath, sofabed
- Kadife (7) – double room with circular bed, jacuzzi bath, sofabed
- Cicegi (10) – double bedroom with jacuzzi bath, sofabed
- Cottages (Pine and Almond) – circular bed, outside jacuzzi
- Treehouse Cottage – double bed, outside jacuzzi
- All rooms on first floor with private balcony
- Complimentary WiFi
- Tea and coffee making facilities, fridge, safe and hairdryer
- Bathrobes and slippers provided (rooms only)
- Simpson pool/beach towels provided
- Breakfast included (served 08:00-11:00)
- Bar for all drinks including speciality coffees (10:00-midnight)
- Lunchtime snack menu (12:30-18:30)
- Restaurant (outdoor and indoor seating) with à la carte menu from main restaurant
- Swimming pool 35m x 6m x 1.4m deep
- Farm with chickens, cows, sheep, horses
- Greenhouse cultivating tomatoes, cucumbers, lettuce, aubergines, fresh beans, etc. and cottage guests may help themselves including farm fresh eggs
- Natural Life Village – farm shops with jams/honey/olive oil, wet shave barber’s shop and cobbler
- Indoor yoga platform
- Cottages cleaned twice weekly with main mid-week clean
- Hotel rooms cleaned daily with Wednesday linen change
- All properties with WiFi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails*
* We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes due to factors beyond our control reliability can be affected.
From 2 March 2020, British nationals travelling to Turkey for tourism or business purposes will no longer need a visa for visits of up to 90 days within any 180-day period.
- Yenice village 5min drive
- Akyaka (shops/restaurants/beach) 30min drive
- Bozburun Peninsula 1hr 45min drive
- Dalaman/Bodrum airports 1hr 15min drive
Based on the number of people travelling, the following hire car(s) are included in the package price of your holiday:
- 2 guests – 1 Group B, Renault Fluence or similar*
* All our cars include full comprehensive insurance with zero excess. For this particular destination, the undercarriage, tyres and windscreen are included in the cover.
Group B – 1.6 litre petrol engine, 2 large and 2 medium suitcases*
The following cars are available as alternatives on request (supplements apply). Please call our travel specialists for details.
Group D – Dacia Duster or similar, 1.5 litre diesel engine, 3 large and 2 medium suitcases*
Group E – Dacia Lodgy or similar, 1.5 litre diesel engine, 2 medium suitcases*
Group F – Hyundai Accent automatic or similar, 1.6 litre petrol engine, 2 large and 2 medium suitcases*
* Suitcase sizes are based on a large suitcase being approximately 75cm x 45cm x 23cm and a medium suitcase of approximately 60cm x 40cm x 23cm.
Yenice Vadi is a perfect 'away from it all' hotel with exceptionally high quality rooms, and imaginative use of design and spaces. Its countryside setting and very attentive staff make it the perfect place to relax and soak up rural peace and relaxation.
John McIvor, May 2022
Our choice of Turkey properties is diverse, ranging from simple charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal.
To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
Sheltered in the furthermost corner of Gökova Bay in Turkey with a sweeping backdrop of pine forests, Akyaka is a destination long favoured by discerning travellers for its location far from the madding crowds.
A perfect example of the attractive Ula-Muğla architecture and part of the Cittaslow movement, this small coastal town offers a real opportunity to take time out: your chance to sunbathe on the beach, sip tea in one of the local tea houses or explore the meandering river by boat or kayak.
And after an exhilarating day outside, we have a carefully chosen selection of villas in Akyaka to welcome you home.
Explore our pre-bookable experiences in Akyaka.
BookingMultiple.mustache file to be converted
View holiday Booking Conditions