In this section...
- Stylish sea front villa
- Beautiful sea views
- Steps down to private pontoon
- Simpson family extras available
- Walking distance to tavernas
Holidays will be different this summer. Find out how travel is changing and what we are doing to keep you safe here.
It’s a quintessentially Greek pursuit to hire a little boat and go exploring, but few holiday villas offer you a place to moor it or indeed have the elegance of Villa Melia. With its own pontoon, giving you direct access to the clear waters of the Ionian, and spectacular views across an idyllic bay, this is the perfect way to immerse yourself in island life.
Lovingly designed and built by the owner, this villa is contemporary in flavour – crisp edges and clean lines offering stark contrast to the rugged landscape all around. An open-plan living room and kitchen open fully to the outside, as does one of the villa’s three bedrooms – the two upstairs having spacious sea-facing balconies (and each of the three boasting a stylish en-suite).
Nikiana is the location: a laid-back haven of a resort where a couple of good tavernas lie within easy walking distance. The beachfront bars and restaurants of Nikiana Beach are just a five-minute drive along the island’s attractive east coast.
Slightly further afield, Lefkada town and lively Nidri are easily reachable by car – both offering plenty to keep families with teenagers entertained. But first they’ll need tempting away from that rather special pontoon – such a rarity in Greece – and the impressive snorkelling and swimming it invites you to enjoy.
Villa Melia sits in close proximity to Villa Selina, an identical property slightly further down the hill. Although they are close, the private infinity pools are not within full sight of each other, so you can sun yourself poolside, and still have a sense of privacy thanks to a garden in between and a number of well-placed screens. The two villas share the pontoon, and if booked together, both properties are ideal for families holidaying as one group.
Explore our pre-bookable experiences in Lefkada
- 3-bedroom villa (sleeps 2-6)
- Open-plan living/dining/kitchen with satellite TV and DVD player, sliding doors lead to pool terrace
- Kitchen includes full cooker, microwave, dishwasher, fridge-freezer
- Double bedroom (can be configured into a twin on request) with en-suite shower room, sliding doors lead to pool terrace
- Master bedroom (180cm x 210cm) with en-suite bathroom and satellite TV, sliding doors lead to balcony
- Double bedroom (can be configured into a twin on request) with en-suite shower room, sliding doors lead to balcony
- Separate shower room
- Complimentary WiFi
- Air-conditioned throughout
- Washing machine
- Iron, ironing board, hairdryers
- Simpson Travel pool towels
- Private swimming pool 3.3m x 8m (depth 1m – 1.5m)
- Shared entrance road with Villa Selina with off-street parking
- Step access to floating sea pontoon shared with Villa Selina
Simpson family extras
- Complimentary infant pack – only core items provided in 2020 due to Covid-19 (includes cot/travel cot, bed guard, highchair, baby-gate, bottle steriliser, baby bath, non-slip bath mat, potty)
- Car seats and booster seats can be provided at a supplement, subject to availability
- To pre-book any of our family extras please call 020 8392 5747
- All properties with WiFi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails. We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes, due to factors beyond our control, reliability can be affected.
National tourist licence (EOT): 0831K10000533301
- Taverna 5min walk
- Nikiana 4min drive
- Nidri 10min drive
- Lefkada town 20min drive
- Meganissi 30min by boat from Nidri
- Preveza airport 40min drive
Based on the number of people travelling, the following hire car(s) are included in the package price of your holiday:
- 2-3 guests – 1 Group C, Citroen C3 or similar*
- 4-5 guests – 1 Group D, Nissan Note or similar*
- 6 guests – 2 Group C, Citroën C3 or similar*
* All our cars include comprehensive insurance with zero excess. For this particular destination, the undercarriage tyres and windscreen are not included in the cover.
Group C – 1.1 litre engine, 1 large and 1 medium suitcase*
Group D – 1.4 litre engine, 2 large suitcases*
The following cars are available as alternatives on request (supplements apply). Please call our travel specialists for details.
Group E – Fiat Tipo or similar, 2.0 litre engine, 2 large suitcases & 1 small suitcase*
Group F – Automatic Peugeot 301 or similar, 1.6 litre engine, 3 suitcases and 1 small suitcase*
Group J – Nissan Juke SUV or similar, 1.6 litre engine, 1 large suitcases & 1 small suitcase*
Group K – Nissan Evalia/Fiat Doblo or similar, 1.5 litre engine, 2 large suitcases*
Group L – Nissan Primastar or similar, 1.8 litre engine, 6 medium suitcases*
Group M2 – Automatic Nissan Qashqai SUV 2WD or similar, 1.6 - 2.0 litre engine, 2 large and 1 small suitcase*
* Suitcase sizes are based on a large suitcase being approximately 75cm x 41cm x 31cm, a medium suitcase of approximately 65cm x 46cm x 29cm and a small suitcase of 55cm x 40cm x 20cm.
Another fantastic holiday with Simpson Travel – from the first rate villa with a wow factor, to the little touches like a welcome at the airport with cold water.
Phil – September 2019
We had a wonderful relaxing week, the villa had plenty of room for a family with teenagers and the pontoon was an added bonus – remember to take goggles or a snorkel!
The Pearson family – August 2019
We had a fantastic time at Villa Melia – the setting is stunning and we really enjoyed the beautiful pool and the jetty. Hiring a boat was a lot of fun and Lefkada is a very special place to have a holiday.
Mrs Thomson – August 2019
We arrived at Villa Melia after a very long, hot week sailing around the Southern Ionian Islands, so the pool, air conditioning and comfortable beds were our main priorities! The villa is wonderfully equipped and perfectly situated for a week of lazing around the pool and watching the incredible views. We explored some of the excellent suggestions and also recommend the excellent fish at Miras, the family-friendly and inexpensive harbour and exploring the gorgeous harbours of Sivota, by boat or car. Thank you, Simpson Travel, for yet another super villa holiday.
The Higgins Family – August 2019
The service we received from Simpson Travel in the organisation and the Simpson rep while in Lefkada was second to none. Very friendly and knowledgeable advisors. It took any travel stress out of our holiday. The service we received when picking up the car was superb, all arranged in advance and took a matter of minutes. Thanks to all at Simpson Travel we will certainly be booking through you next year.
Simpson Traveller – July 2019
Pure relaxation! An added bonus was watching the dolphins swim past the villa.
The Norman Family – July 2019
Extremely efficient tour operator – always informative and excellent communicators and always accurate throughout.
Mrs S Rowe – July 2019
Villa Melia is a beautiful, well-designed and furnished villa that was a pleasure to live in. Large windows in every room make the most of the amazing views across the bay to the mountains of mainland Greece. Watch as sunrise reddens the sky above the mountains before lighting up both sky and sea in changing shades of orange, pink and yellow. Take a snorkel as shoals of fish shelter under the jetty. There are two excellent tavernas a short walk away and the rest of Lefkada is in easy driving distance, if you can drag yourself away from such a peaceful place.
Jane Mitchell – September 2018
Have had an amazing holiday in a fabulous villa. The jetty was a highlight ; we spent a lot of time swimming in the sea. We ate out every night even though we could have stayed at the villa. All of the local tavernas had a lovely atmosphere and provided all of the traditional Greek food that you could want. All in all – a fabulous relaxing holiday!
The Cook Family – August 2017
Fabulous villa with everything thought of. Good base for exploring the island, contrasts of the climb up to Karya – sleepy mountain village and pretty old town of Lefkus. With lovely views everywhere. We will definitely miss this beautiful view!
The Woodhouse Family – July 2017
We had a wonderful stay in this villa, very enjoyable. The pool was a lot of fun and was used almost everyday! As well as the pool, the pontoon was also made use of through swimming and boating. We rented a boat on one of our last days and we enjoyed it very much. The food in Lefkada was lovely as well as the wine. Hope you enjoy your stay here as much as we did.
The D's – July 2017
Our choice of Greek properties is as diverse as the islands themselves, ranging from simple seaside charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal. To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
Charmingly traditional, Lefkada is an authentically Greek holiday delight fringed by award-winning beaches. The stunning colours of the landscape are a vibrant force of nature; uplifting, brilliant shades of shocking pink, green and translucent turquoise. Central to all this is Lefkada Town, with its pretty car-free streets, excellent choice of restaurants and waterfront bars and lovely bohemian vibe. It is well-suited to both couples and families and Lefkada is an excellent choice for one of our popular Kids' club.
To make the most of your luxury holiday in Lefkada, we offer a selection of handpicked villas and a stylish adult-only Simpson Hotel so you can enjoy this beautifully relaxing Greek Island to the full.
Explore our pre-bookable experiences in Lefkada
View holiday Booking Conditions