In this section...
- Stylish sea front villa with beautiful sea views
- Steps down to private pontoon
- Walking distance to tavernas
It’s a quintessentially Greek pursuit to hire a little boat and go exploring, but few holiday villas offer you a place to moor it or indeed have the elegance of Villa Melia. With its own pontoon, giving you direct access to the clear waters of the Ionian, and spectacular views across an idyllic bay, this is the perfect way to immerse yourself in island life.
Lovingly designed and built by the owner, this villa is contemporary in flavour – crisp edges and clean lines offering stark contrast to the rugged landscape all around. An open-plan lounge and kitchen open fully to the outside, as does one of the villa’s three bedrooms – the two upstairs having spacious sea-facing balconies (and each of the three boasting a stylish en-suite).
Nikiana is the location: a laid-back haven of a resort where a couple of good tavernas lie within easy walking distance. The beachfront bars and restaurants of Nikiana Beach are just a five-minute drive along the island’s attractive east coast.
Slightly further afield, Lefkada Town and lively Nidri are easily reachable by car – both offering plenty to keep families with teenagers entertained. But first they’ll need tempting away from that rather special pontoon – such a rarity in Greece – and the impressive snorkelling and swimming it invites you to enjoy.
Villa Melia sits in close proximity to Villa Selina, a smaller property slightly higher up the hill, but otherwise identical. Although they are close, the private infinity pools are not within full sight of each other, so you can sun yourself poolside, and still have a sense of privacy thanks to a garden in between and a number of well-placed screens.
The two villas share the pontoon, and if booked together, both properties are ideal for families holidaying as one group.
- 3 bedroom villa (sleeps 2-6)
- Open plan living/dining/kitchen with Satellite TV and DVD player; sliding doors lead to pool terrace
- Kitchen includes full cooker, microwave, dishwasher, fridge-freezer
- Double bedroom with en-suite shower room (can be configured into a twin bed on request); sliding doors lead to pool terrace
- Master bedroom with en-suite bathroom and Satellite TV; sliding doors lead to balcony
- Double bedroom with en-suite shower room (can be configured into a twin bed on request); sliding doors lead to balcony
- Separate shower room and WC
- Complimentary wifi
- Air-conditioned throughout
- Washing machine
- Iron, ironing board, hairdryers, pool and bath towels provided
- Private swimming pool 8m x 3.3m (depth 1m – 1.5m)
- Shared entrance road with Villa Selina with off street parking
- Step access to floating sea pontoon shared with Villa Selina
- All properties with wifi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails*
* We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes due to factors beyond our control reliability can be affected.
National tourist licence (EOT): 0831K10000533301
- Taverna 5min walk
- Nikiana 4min drive
- Nidri 10min drive
- Lefkada Town 20min drive
- Meganissi 30min by boat from Nidri
- Preveza airport 40min drive
Based on the number of people travelling, the following hire car(s) are included in the package price of your holiday:
- 2-3 guests – 1 Group C, VW Polo or similar*
- 4-5 guests – 1 Group D, Nissan Tiida or similar*
- 6 guests – 2 Group C, VW Polo or similar*
* All our cars include comprehensive insurance with no excess charge. For this particular destination, the undercarriage, tyres, wing mirrors and windscreen are not included in the cover.
Group C – 1.4 litre engine, 1 large and 1 small suitcase*
Group D – 1.6 litre engine, 1 large and 2 medium suitcases*
The following cars are available as alternatives on request (supplements apply). Please call our travel specialists for details.
Group F – Automatic Opel Astra or similar, 1.6 litre engine, 1 large and 2 medium suitcases*
Group K – Opel Zafira or similar, 1.8 litre engine, no suitcases with full occupancy*
Group L – Opel Vivaro or similar, 2.0 litre engine, 6 medium suitcases*
* Suitcase sizes are based on a large suitcase being approximately 75cm x 41cm x 31cm, a medium suitcase of approximately 65cm x 46cm x 29cm and a small suitcase of 55cm x 40cm x 20cm.
Have had an amazing holiday in a fabulous villa. The jetty was a highlight ; we spent a lot of time swimming in the sea. We ate out every night even though we could have stayed at the villa. All of the local tavernas had a lovely atmosphere and provided all of the traditional Greek food that you could want. All in all - a fabulous relaxing holiday!
Cook Family – August 2017
Fabulous villa with everything thought of. Good base for exploring the island, contrasts of the climb up to Karya - sleepy mountain village and pretty old town of Lefkus. With lovely views everywhere. We will definitely miss this beautiful view!
The Woodhouse Family – July 2017
We had a wonderful stay in this villa, very enjoyable. The pool was a lot of fun and was used almost everyday! As well as the pool, the pontoon was also made use of through swimming and boating. We rented a boat one of our last days and we enjoyed it very much. The food in Lefkada was lovely as well as the wine. Hope you enjoy your stay here as much as we did.
The D's – July 2017
Our choice of Greek properties is as diverse as the islands themselves, ranging from simple seaside charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide.
We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal. To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
Charmingly traditional, Lefkada is an authentically Greek holiday delight fringed by award-winning beaches. The stunning colours of the landscape are a vibrant force of nature; uplifting, brilliant shades of shocking pink, green and translucent turquoise. Central to all this is Lefkada Town, whose buggy-friendly, car-free streets invite everyone to explore. This family-friendliness made Lefkada the perfect choice for the second of our popular Simpson Crèches.
To make the most of your luxury holiday in Lefkada, we offer a selection of handpicked luxury villas so you can enjoy this beautifully relaxing Greek Island to the full.
View holiday Booking Conditions