In this section...
- Contemporary country house
- Ideal for families
- Elegant and stylish
- Shops/restaurants 5-minute drive
- Beach 5-minute drive
Holidays will be different this summer. Find out how travel is changing and what we are doing to keep you safe here.
This attractive family home is located close to Aleria, one of the oldest settlements on the island with a corresponding wealth of cultural and architectural treasures. By contrast, the villa itself is elegantly modern, with impressive vaulted ceilings and contemporary décor. The lawned grounds are fully enclosed, with three separate seating areas as well as a private swimming pool. The villa has lovely mountain views and feels part of the local community; there’s a working winery next door, and you can enjoy the comings and goings of the annual grape harvest in late September. The beaches of Padoule and Casabianda, with a couple of delightful beachside restaurants, are only 8-10 minutes away by car.
Villa A Murza is an excellent base for exploring the north and east of Corsica, with many archaeological sites close by. It is also a local gourmet hot spot, with artisan wineries to visit and a couple of renowned seafood restaurants. Particularly recommended for those who may be on their second or third visit to Corsica and who want to discover Corte and the hinterland as well as the stunning beaches.
- 3 bedroom villa (sleeps 2-6)
- Large open plan living/dining/kitchen area with TV and DVD
- Kitchen includes electric oven and hob, Nespresso machine, microwave, dishwasher, wine fridge
- Laundry room with washing machine
- Master bedroom (180cm bed) with dressing area with en-suite shower-room and WC
- 2 double bedrooms (140cm beds)
- Bathroom with bath, double sink and WC
- Separate WC
- Office space above living area
- Air-conditioned throughout
- All windows and doors have built-in mosquito nets
- Iron, ironing board, hairdryer, pool and bath towels provided
- Shaded exterior lounge area with sofas
- Large furnished terrace
- Fixed barbecue and dining area
- Private heated swimming pool 10.5m x 4m (depth 1.4m throughout) security alarm, access via steps (pool not heated during July and August)
- Simpson Travel representative service by telephone (property owners will be on site for arrival and departure)
- 1 week holidays – does not include a mid-stay clean or bed linen/towel change
- 2 week holidays – includes a light mid-stay clean and bed linen/towel change
- All properties with wifi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails*
* We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes due to factors beyond our control reliability can be affected.
Villa access times
- Check-in time – 3:00pm
- Check-out time – 9:00am
- Central island location
- Shops/restaurants (Aleria) 5min drive
- Beach 10 min drive
- Corte 30 min drive
- Ile Rousse 1hr 30min drive
- Bastia airport 1hr drive
- Figari/Calvi airports 2hr drive
Based on the number of people travelling, the following hire car(s) are included in the package price of your holiday:
- 2-3 guests – 1 Group C, Peugeot 2008 or similar*
- 4 guests – 1 Group H, Renault Scenic or similar*
- 5 guests – 1 Group K, Renault Grand Scenic or similar*
- 6 guests – 2 Group C, Peugeot 2008 or similar*
* All our cars include comprehensive insurance with zero excess. For this particular destination, the undercarriage is not included in the cover.
Group C – 1-1.6 litre engine, 2 large and 1 small suitcase*
Group H – 1.1-1.6 litre engine, 2 large and 2 small suitcases*
Group K – 1.2-1.6 litre engine, 2 large suitcases*
The following cars are available as alternatives on request (supplements apply). Please call our travel specialists for details.
Group D - VW Tiguan or similar, 1.1-1.6 litre engine, 3 large suitcases*
Group F – Peugeot 508 or similar, 2.0 litre engine, 2 large and 2 small suitcases*
Group G – Audi A3 Cabriolet or similar, 1.2-1.6 litre engine, 1 large suitcase*
Group J – VW Golf GPS or similar, 1-1.6 litre engine, 2 large and 1 small suitcase*
Group N – 9-seater Toyota Proace or similar, 1.2-1.6 litre engine, 1 large and 1 small suitcase*
Group O – 9-seater minibus Ford Galaxy or similar, 1.2-1.6 litre engine, 1 large and 1 small suitcase*
Please note we can request automatic cars in all car groups except Group N. Please specify at time of booking if you require an automatic car
* Suitcase sizes are based on a large suitcase being approximately 75cm x 41cm x 31cm, a medium suitcase of approximately 65cm x 46cm x 29cm and a small suitcase of 55cm x 40cm x 20cm.
We had a lovely time and did very little apart from swim, read, eat and watch the sun go down! Such a nice place, we only went out twice in two weeks.
Andrew, Claire, India, Freya & Darcey – August 2018
A wonderfully relaxing and peaceful week in the beautiful villa A Murza. We chose it as it was all on one level and it worked very well for us. Thank you to Jean and Magli for such a well-equipped and beautifully styled villa – everything has been thought of. We stayed fairly local but travelled to a couple of beaches. We would recommend a trip to Corte and to see the Genovese bridge on the way. A highlight was a trip to the Gorge de la Restonica – stunning mountain views, wild flowers, natural swimming pools. We followed some of the recommendations for restaurants and loved L'Etang d’Urbino – super seafood and the bounty is the position and views. We shall be back and do more exploring – we have loved Corsica.
Graham, Simon & Mavis – July 2018
A Lovely stay in a very comfortable and well equipped home. Thirty species of birds seen at the house, the swallows sharing the swimming pool are great to watch but challenging to try and photograph! Thank you for a lovely relaxing break.
Paul & Mara – June 2018
We have all enjoyed a wonderful, happy time over the last two weeks. The house is beautiful and well equipped, we have spent many glorious evenings on the patio looking at the splendid views. Thank you for a lovely holiday.
The Thompson Family – August 2017
What a wonderful villa! Very impressive and luxurious. Thoroughly enjoyed the wonderful views of the mountains, the complete silence day or night and sitting by the pool in total relaxation. We shall miss our morning coffee watching the swallows dive and feeling the sun on our shoulders. Many thanks for a totally relaxing break!
The Littlewood Family – August 2017
Our family enjoyed a lovely holiday at Villa A Murza. The location (near Aleria) is a bit out of the way – far from the more popular tourist destinations of Porto Vecchio or Calvi. But that was a plus. Though the best beaches were rather a long drive away – the local beaches were still quite nice. The villa itself is fantastic. Lots of space inside and out. Excellent pool, lovely views. Highly recommended.
Mr Thompson – August 2017
Great times by the pool with breathtaking views of the mountains as a backdrop!
Mr Clarke-Bryan – August 2017
This is our fifth visit to Corsica and our most luxurious! The villa is beautiful and the mountain views are stunning – I found it hard to concentrate on the holiday reading when looking across to the mountains was such a joy. We loved watching the swallows and the red kites flying around. This is our first time on the east coast of Corsica but it won't be our last there is so much more to explore.
The Hochie Family – July 2017
Villa A Murza is a large, fashionable villa with a very large, fully enclosed garden and excellent swimming pool in a peaceful location. The mountain views from the house are wonderful. The hosts are very discreet but also friendly and helpful if required. The villa is in a small village just outside Aleria and is well-placed for touring Eastern and Central Corsica. We enjoyed visits to Corte and its mountains as well as visiting the Roman ruins in old Aleria and whisky tasting at Domaine Mavela. This is our fifth visit to Corsica and our most luxurious! We would be very happy to return next year and explore more of the area.
Mrs Lockie – July 2017
Villa A Murza is a wonderful villa with stunning views in such a quiet and peaceful location. If you want to get away from it all – this is the villa for you. But still enough to do with glorious pool and local beaches to entertain an 11, 9 and 4-year-old! First holiday with Simpson Travel and already looking forward to the next!
Mrs Simmonds – August 2016
Our local representative, David Henry, was excellent, gave helpful information and sorted out the car hire queries; really made a big difference to the start of our holiday. All representatives of the company we spoke with were very helpful and approachable.
Mrs Holder – July 2016
We had the most wonderful holiday at the Villa A Murza in Corsica and were very impressed with Simpson Travel; this was the first time we had used them and welcomed the excellent advice, guidance and fabulous service. Thank you.
Mrs Foster – July 2015
Our choice of Corsican properties is as diverse as the island itself, ranging from simple seaside charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal. To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
This beautiful region is the perfect choice for those who like to get off the beaten track and explore the wilder side of the island. Home to the largest chestnut forest in Europe, the steep landscape is dotted with tiny hamlets and the occasional vineyard. Take a gentle walk along the cobbled streets in the mountain citadel of Corte or enjoy the fresh air and pastoral charm of the vast protected Corsican Parc Naturel with its wild boar, deer and wildcats.
To help you make the most of your holiday in Central Corsica, we're delighted to have found Villa A Murza, a contemporary country house that's perfect for families.
View holiday Booking Conditions