In this section...
- Beautiful contemporary villa
- Stunning sea and mountain views
- Light and spacious
- Simpson family extras available
- Santa Giulia Beach 10-minute drive
- Porto Vecchio 15-minute drive
Alzitella is perched on the hillside below the village of Pietra Longa di Salvini, enjoying spectacular mountain and sea views. What lies below is no less breathtaking: buzzing Porto Vecchio, the cream and turquoise beaches of Santa Giulia and Palombaggia, and fold upon fold of dense, fragrant maquis.
The contemporary design of Alzitella is very much of today, with no compromise on space, light or functionality. The decking around the kidney-shaped pool sprawls the length of the house; the wall-to-wall French windows lead out onto the broad, shady verandah; the extended granite surfaces in the kitchen double as a breakfast bar; the technology even includes wi-fi.
The sleepy village is easily accessible by car, since the road leading up to it skirts the grounds below, and those picture postcard beaches are a ten-minute drive away.
- 3 bedroom villa (sleeps 2-6)
- Large open-plan living/dining/kitchen area
- TV (French channels only), DVD/CD players, iPod dock
- Fully equipped kitchen with electric hob and oven, microwave, dishwasher, washing machine
- Double bedroom with en-suite shower room with WC
- Double bedroom with access to patio
- Twin bedroom with access to pool area
- Separate shower room
- Separate WC
- Complimentary WiFi
- Iron, ironing board, hairdryer, pool and bath towels provided
- Gas barbecue
- Private freeform swimming pool 9.5m x 4m (depth 1.4m throughout), security alarm, access via steps
- Pool can be heated at a charge of £100/week and must be pre-booked
- 1 week holidays – does not include a mid-stay clean or bed linen/towel change
- 2 week holidays – includes a light mid-stay clean and bed linen/towel change
- Additional cleaning can be arranged if required for €25/hour (2 hour minimum and subject to availability)
Simpson family extras
- Complimentary infant pack
- Car seats and booster seats can be provided at a supplement, subject to availability
- To pre-book any of our family extras please call 020 8392 5747
- All properties with WiFi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails*
* We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes due to factors beyond our control reliability can be affected.
Villa access times
- Check-in time – 4.00pm
- Check-out time – 9.00am
- Santa Giulia Beach 10min drive
- Porto Vecchio 15min drive
- Bonifacio 20min drive
- Figari Airport 30min drive
Based on the number of people travelling, the following hire car(s) are included in the package price of your holiday:
- 2-3 guests – 1 Group C, Peugeot 2008 or similar*
- 4 guests – 1 Group H, Citroen C4 Picasso or similar*
- 5 guests – 1 Group K, Renault Grand Scenic or similar*
- 6 guests – 2 Group C, Peugeot 2008 or similar*
* All our cars include comprehensive insurance with zero excess. For this particular destination, the undercarriage is not included in the cover.
Group C – 1-1.6 litre engine, 2 large and 1 small suitcase*
Group H – 1.1-1.6 litre engine, 2 large and 2 small suitcases*
Group K – 1.2-1.6 litre engine, 2 large suitcases*
The following cars are available as alternatives on request (supplements apply). Please call our travel specialists for details.
Group D - Peugeot 3008 or similar, 1.1-1.6 litre engine, 3 large suitcase*
Group E – SUV Automatic Toyota CHR Hybrid or similar, 1.1-1.6 litre engine, 1 large and 2 small suitcases*
Group F – Ford Mondeo or similar, 2.0 litre engine, 2 large and 2 small suitcases*
Group G – Audi A3 Cabriolet or similar, 1.2-1.6 litre engine, 1 large suitcase*
Group J – Peugeot 308 GPS or similar, 1-1.6 litre engine, 2 large and 1 small suitcase*
Group L – Renault Captur Automatic or similar, 1.1-1.6 litre engine, 1 large and 1 small suitcase*
Group N – 9-seater Toyota Proace or similar, 1.2-1.6 litre engine, 1 large and 1 small suitcase*
Group X - Citroen Berlingo or similar, 1-1.6 litre engine, 3 large and 1 small suitcase*
* Suitcase sizes are based on a large suitcase being approximately 75cm x 41cm x 31cm, a medium suitcase of approximately 65cm x 46cm x 29cm and a small suitcase of 55cm x 40cm x 20cm.
We thoroughly recommend Simpson Travel. Friendly and knowledgeable staff both when booking and when in Corsica. Villa Alzitella has the most amazing views and is very well equipped and located.
Mrs Bennett – August 2018
Simpson Travel are a pleasure to deal with whilst booking a holiday, before going on holiday and during a holiday. The attention to detail and knowledge of the staff makes planning a holiday so much easier and more pleasurable. Alzitella is set in a beautiful location with stunning views of the mountains and coast. It’s not too far from beaches, restaurants and places of interest. It has a great layout and is very nicely finished. Corsica is a beautiful island and we will be visiting again with Simpson Travel.
Mrs McBryde – June 2018
Beautiful vistas with the scent of the maquis filling the air early morning and evening. A very tranquil corner of Corsica with visits by blue nuthatches for their early evening bath in the remaining sprinkler water. Would recommend shopping locally at Proxi in Sotta – the owners are so obliging and the drive down there (take left turn at ‘bins corner’) is delightful on the backroads. Our day in the mountains met with a ‘lucky’ diversion on the D59 from our original destination of Levie to the thermal baths at Caldane and on to Sartène, a wonderful citadel with a huge resistance history and legacy. A real gem on the other side of the Cagna mountains. Great gelato and cocktails too! P.S. Huge thanks to Sam for her guidance, patience and tenacity. A real asset to anyone’s stay and very kind.
The Massam Family – September 2017
This villa is lovely! Thank you to Sam and the owner for repairing and replacing the TV after the storm. Not really warm enough for the pool and a ‘windy week’ but that didn’t stop us enjoying Palombaggia beach (park on the road and walk down to Tamaricciu). Petit Sperone is a must – walk round the bay from Piantarella. The mountains are spectacular! We also enjoyed Sartène and Filitosa very much and Bonifacio. On our last day we packed in Santa Giulia (walk along towards the marina and find a perfect small beach – lovely water) and Rondinara which was exquisite – right down to the passing cows on the beach! Restaurants on the beach are expensive locally but ‘Sputria’ in Porto Vecchio near the church is good for lunch. We enjoyed the electric blinds – one touch and they all close. A special thank you to Sam! Great advice and updates.
Jane & Grahame Sammons – September 2017
This is the third time we have travelled to Corsica with Simpson Travel, the first two holidays being some years ago. How right we were to return once again, both to Corsica and with Simpson. Such a beautiful island and a great villa with pool in a great location high above some wonderful beaches between Porto Vecchio and Bonifacio. And, Simpson Travel's impeccable service seems to have got even better, everything going off without a hitch. Very helpful reps. Glorious weather helped too of course. We would find it hard to find fault with our two weeks away.
Mr Burdett – August 2017
Our holiday villa in Corsica booked through Simpson Travel was a wonderful experience. From the professionalism of the booking agents, and overseas reps. The attention to detail of related things like car hire, flights, valet parking, on-line management of your booking, request to provide some extras for our 3-year-old. It was all 5-Star. I don't want to say where we stayed as I want to go back there again and again!
Mr Jones – June 2017
A beautiful villa with the 'wow' factor. The villa gardens have been very creatively landscaped to blend in with the natural environment and surroundings.
Mr Brockwell – June 2015
Best holiday service we have ever experienced. Every member of staff without exception was helpful, flexible, prompt and efficient. The villa was also the best we have ever had. I am reluctant to recommend Corsica as I don't want it to change. The development of the island has been brilliantly done.
Mr Boydon – June 2014
Stunning setting: beautiful sea view in one direction and dramatic mountain views in the other. A wonderful villa to spend a week in, especially when days out were cut short by our 8-month-old baby. Many thanks to Simpson Travel.
Miss Eltringham – June 2014
Beautiful location. Magical place.
Mrs Ward – August 2013
Our choice of Corsican properties is as diverse as the island itself, ranging from simple seaside charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal. To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
Just across the water from Sardinia, history takes a cosmopolitan turn in the winding streets, imposing citadels and elegant marinas of Bonifacio and Porto Vecchio. A luxury holiday here comes with no shortage of style, and plenty of restaurants, cafés, boutiques and museums. Not far away, you'll also find the family-friendly beaches of Pinarello and pine-shaded Palombaggia, as well as the white sands of Santa Giulia and chic St Cyprien.
View holiday Booking Conditions