In this section...
- Outstanding character
- 300-year-old restored house
- Wonderful country views
- Beautifully lawned gardens
Once in a while we discover a project with huge potential – one that is difficult to turn down.
The Pasha's Retreat is just such a project and is the work and dedication of one man, Omer Irmak, who goes back to our Simply Travel days in the 1990s. Dwarfed by some magnificent cliffs, this 300-year-old house has the most marvellous position just outside Dalyan with beautiful views of the countryside. In summer, hawks hover over the valley and wild goats scramble over the rocky cliffs, laden with pine trees that overlook this glorious spot.
Omer is passionate about architecture and the restoration has been tastefully completed combining two separate buildings making a spacious three bedroom house. The interiors are furnished in sympathy with the building’s old world charm.
The outside areas are a delight as you enter this lovely home via a pathway through your pretty garden. A spacious lawned area complements the private swimming pool with plenty of seating options.
The house is ideal for families in the summer season with its large gardens and close proximity to a local restaurant and Dalyan itself, whilst couples will find the ambience, style and position both romantic and characterful.
No one knows exactly who this house belonged to – perhaps the local governor, a rich merchant or, as we like to think, an Ottoman prince known in Turkish as a Pasha. Whoever it was, we are confident that Omer's dedication and energy has created something quite unique.
- 3 bedroom villa (sleeps 2-6)
- Open plan living/dining/kitchen area with satellite TV with USB plug-in; leads to pool terrace
- Kitchen includes electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge-freezer, dishwasher
- Mezzanine level with Turkish seating area with cushions
- Double bedroom with en-suite shower-room
- Shower room
- Separate WC
- Open plan living area with Turkish seating with cushions and bean-bags; leads to barbeque terrace
- Double bedroom with en-suite wet room
- Twin bedroom with en-suite wet room
- Complimentary WiFi
- Air-conditioned bedrooms
- Washing machine
- Iron, ironing board, hairdryer, pool and bath towels provided
- Built-in barbecue
- Swimming pool 4.6m x 9.2m (depth 1.30m throughout) with ladder
- All properties with WiFi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails*
* We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes due to factors beyond our control reliability can be affected.
British passport holders travelling to Turkey require a tourist visa in advance of travel. The visa is issued via the Turkish Electronic Visa Application System at the following website www.evisa.gov.tr and is charged at USD20. Please refer to www.evisa.gov.tr or the Turkish Consulate if you do not hold a British passport. Please note that passports need to be valid for six months or more from your return date to the UK.
- Nearest restaurant 5min walk
- Nearest bus stop into Dalyan town 5min walk (regular service)
- Restaurants/shops (Dalyan) 40min walk
- Beach (Iztuzu) 20min drive
- Dalaman airport 40min drive
Based on the number of people travelling, the following hire car(s) are included in the package price of your holiday:
- 2-4 guests – 1 Group B, Renault Fluence or similar*
- 5 guests – 1 Group D, Dacia Duster or similar*
- 6 guests – 2 Group B, Renault Fluence or similar*
* All our cars include full comprehensive insurance with zero excess. For this particular destination, the undercarriage, tyres and windscreen are included in the cover.
Group B – 1.6 litre petrol engine, 2 large and 2 medium suitcases*
Group D – 1.5 litre diesel engine, 3 large and 2 medium suitcases*
The following cars are available as alternatives on request (supplements apply). Please call our travel specialists for details.
Group E – Duster Lodgy or similar, 1.5 litre diesel engine, 2 medium suitcases*
Group F – Hyundai Accent automatic or similar, 1.6 litre petrol engine, 2 large and 2 medium suitcases*
* Suitcase sizes are based on a large suitcase being approximately 75cm x 45cm x 23cm and a medium suitcase of approximately 60cm x 40cm x 23cm.
We enjoyed our second visit to Pasha's Retreat just as much as our first. The setting is idyllic, near enough to Dalyan if you want to experience the river trips, restaurants, etc. but set in a beautiful tranquil garden. A very short stroll to a restaurant, which is as good as any in Dalyan, followed by a glass of wine whilst sitting on the rocking chairs listening to the sheep, goats, owl and crickets – wonderful. Jessica is an outstanding rep, friendly, efficient and knowledgeable. We are already planning our next Simpson holiday to Turkey.
Sally Robinson – September 2018
The Pasha's Retreat is a little piece of paradise.
C Matthews – June 2018
We have just spent a wonderful relaxing week at The Pasha's Retreat. If you like peace and quiet this is for you. Far enough away from the hustle and bustle of Dalyan but just a short drive into town for groceries, eateries, etc. It truly is an idyllic location with everything provided by Simpson Travel to make your holiday stress-free. Highly recommended.
Mrs Gollar – September 2017
The Pasha's Retreat was amazing. It has a very tranquil and beautiful location. Lovely property and swimming pool... a really nice family holiday.
Mr Hilmi – August 2017
You guys and gals have it pretty much nailed. Well done, and thank you. Good job. Will be back for more!
Mr Sherry – July 2017
Simpson Travel made the whole experience easy, straightforward and stress free. Highly recommended.
Mrs Condie – August 2016
The overall experience was just 'seamless', everything flowed so well, everything was as shown on the website. A holiday company should ensure we have to think about as little as possible, making everything easy....Simpson Travel did just that so thank you.
Mr Morrison – September 2015
What a great place! We feel somewhat privileged to have been the first guests to stay here.
Mr Raine – June 2015
Our choice of Turkey properties is diverse, ranging from simple charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal.
To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
Imbued with the spirit of the water, the landscape around the Dalyan Delta makes for an unforgettable holiday. Dalyan itself is a bright, bustling community and numerous canopied river taxis and small fishing boats bob along its quayside, with a cluster of restaurants, small shops and cafés nearby. The waterways are also a haven for wildlife, including the rare loggerhead turtle and, further along the river, you’ll find ancient Lycian rock tombs and idyllic Köyceğiz Lake, with beautiful Iztuzu beach also within easy reach.
And to complete the experience, we found The Pasha’s Retreat – a peaceful hideaway with lovely country views.
View holiday Booking Conditions