In this section...
- Romantic 1-bedroom villa
- Perfectly private
- Beautiful mountain setting
- Akyaka 10min drive
Masal Evi is a unique 1-bedroom retreat, nestled amongst the trees in a beautiful hillside setting near Akyaka. Outside, the rustic styling and use of natural materials give the pretty terraces a harmonious connection with their surroundings and evoke a sense of being cocooned in an enchanted woodland hideaway. Through the trees, distant views of Gokova Bay and the distinctive rooftops of Akyaka are a reminder that there is life beyond this tranquil haven, and the ability to dip easily in and out of rural life is a notable feature of the villa’s charming location.
The open plan living area is stylish, well-equipped and designed to offer an easy flow between inside and out. There are some lovely quirky touches, including a bedroom with an indulgent circular bed, ensuring restful days are topped and tailed with a comfortable night’s sleep.
The elevated spot, just a ten-minute drive from the bustling town of Akyaka, affords Masal Evi the best of both worlds when it comes to experiencing an authentic taste of Turkish living. Privacy and tranquillity come as standard at the villa, but venture into town and you will be treated to all the colour and flavour of Akyaka’s bazaars, markets and superb riverside restaurants. Treat yourself to a traditional Turkish breakfast here and you will be more than set up for a day at one of the nearby beaches, before returning to your villa to make room for a modest sunset barbecue.
Good to know… A new 8m x 3m swimming pool is being built at Masal Evi over the winter and will be ready for our 2021 season. We look forward to publishing pictures on its completion.
Explore our pre-bookable experiences in Akyaka.
1-bedroom villa (sleeps 2)
- Open plan living/kitchen area with TV (limited English-speaking channels), glass doors to terrace
- Kitchen includes oven, hob, fridge-freezer, dishwasher, washing machine
- Double bedroom (round bed 2.2m in diameter)
- Complimentary WiFi
- Air conditioning
- Iron, ironing board, hairdryer
- Simpson pool towels
- Private swimming pool 8m (being built for 2021)
- Our Covid-19 pledge means your holiday is fully protected. However, there may be special conditions surrounding flexible booking at this property. For further details, please visit: /covid-pledge-flexible-booking.
- All properties with WiFi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails. We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes, due to factors beyond our control, reliability can be affected.
From 2 March 2020, British nationals travelling to Turkey for tourism or business purposes will no longer need a visa for visits of up to 90 days within any 180-day period.
Villa access times
- Check-in time – 3pm
- Check-out time – 10am
- Akyaka (beach, supermarket, tavernas) 10min drive
- Çınar beach and restaurant 5min drive
- Akbük beach 10min drive
- Muğla 35min drive
- Marmaris 35min drive
- Dalaman airport 1hr drive
Based on the number of people travelling, the following hire car(s) are included in the package price of your holiday:
- 2 guests – 1 Group B, Renault Fluence or similar*
* All our cars include full comprehensive insurance with zero excess. For this particular destination, the undercarriage, tyres and windscreen are included in the cover.
Group B – 1.6 litre petrol engine, 2 large and 2 medium suitcases*
The following cars are available as alternatives on request (supplements apply). Please call our travel specialists for details.
Group D – Dacia Duster or similar, 1.5 litre diesel engine, 3 large and 2 medium suitcases*
Group E – Dacia Lodgy or similar, 1.5 litre diesel engine, 2 medium suitcases*
Group F – Hyundai Accent automatic or similar, 1.6 litre petrol engine, 2 large and 2 medium suitcases*
* Suitcase sizes are based on a large suitcase being approximately 75cm x 45cm x 23cm and a medium suitcase of approximately 60cm x 40cm x 23cm.
Our choice of Turkey properties is diverse, ranging from simple charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal.
To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
Sheltered in the furthermost corner of Gökova Bay in Turkey with a sweeping backdrop of pine forests, Akyaka is a destination long favoured by discerning travellers for its location far from the madding crowds.
A perfect example of the attractive Ula-Muğla architecture and part of the Cittaslow movement, this small coastal town offers a real opportunity to take time out: your chance to sunbathe on the beach, sip tea in one of the local tea houses or explore the meandering river by boat or kayak.
And after an exhilarating day outside, we have a carefully chosen selection of villas in Akyaka to welcome you home.
Explore our pre-bookable experiences in Akyaka.
View holiday Booking Conditions